Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this book will probably become "Ghost-Maker and Friends" but I hope it turns out okay.

I wonder if the dead character is someone from The Knight.
    I also think this book will mainly focus on Ghost-Maker. Not that I'm complaining, but a team book should be about a team and shouldn't be revolving around one single character. A Ghost-Maker mini should have been better, I guess. But we will see -- I'm very optimistic and still looking forward to this series.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Too much Ghost-Maker, but I'll still give the book a chance.
    Too much Clown Hunter (Clown Hater?) as well, and I don't currently plan to give it a chance.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A fourth one?

I remember the original version and later Jason, but who else was "Wingman"?

(Or are you considering the "original" version as two separate people because of how different Grant Morrison's version was?)

No the third and most recent Wingman appeared in the Pages of Red Hood and the Outlaws and was revealed to be Willis Todd, Jason Todd's (apparently not dead) biological father.

But it was never really revealed where got the suit from and for whom he was working.

So the options I see for the Identity of Wingman are:
    - Willis Todd
    - the Original (wouldn't be the first time they forgot about the death of an obscure character)
    - a new character

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    BATMAN INCORPORATED #1
    Written by ED BRISSON
    Art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    Variant cover by JORGE MOLINA
    1:25 variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    1:50 variant cover by JEFF SPOKES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 10/11/22
    From the pages of Batman comes an all-new, all-exciting adventure for Ghost-Maker and his Batman Incorporated team! The team’s trust issues and detective skills are immediately put to the test when someone from Ghost-Maker and Batman’s recent past is brutally murdered…Is this an isolated event, sending a message to the two? Or is this the start of something darker and more sinister? (Hint—it’s sinister and dark!)
    The all-star creative team of Ed Brisson and John Timms chart a new future for Batman Incorporated in this exciting new ongoing series, loaded with adventure, excitement, and amazing new members and villains!
    Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I'm giving this a chance because I had a surprisingly good time with their annual from a few months back.

The only other thing of Brisson's I've read is his Iron Fist run, which I enjoyed.

I might also be one of the few people that really likes Timms' art style. I remember when he was on the SoKE book early on, and he got a lot of hate, which I didn't really get.
    I have to say I'm not a fan of Brisson's work on Batman and Robin Eternal or Secret Files Clownhunter, but his Secret Files Peacekeeper was fantastic, and his Annual which was basically the backdoor pilot for this book was really enjoyable. I'm definitely looking forward to this - all the more because John Timms, who can sometimes be a bit too loose on the pencils for my taste seems to be doing quite tight and sharp work so far, based on the cover and the annual. Really happy to see Nightrunner again after no one but me voted for him in the Round Robin last year!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'd rather just have a Ghost-Maker/Clownhunter book, the rest of those jabronies I could do without. Maybe the wolf guy.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I'd rather just have a Ghost-Maker/Clownhunter book, the rest of those jabronies I could do without. Maybe the wolf guy.
    And I'm on the opposite side: I could do without Ghost-Maker, Clown Hunter, and the doggie dude.

Incredible Member

Id rather not have Ghost-maker or Clownhunter. The Morrison characters are the only reason I am interested in this book.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

There're some inked pages from issue #1 in this BC article: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/will...womans-father/

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I have to say I'm not a fan of Brisson's work on Batman and Robin Eternal or Secret Files Clownhunter, but his Secret Files Peacekeeper was fantastic, and his Annual which was basically the backdoor pilot for this book was really enjoyable. I'm definitely looking forward to this - all the more because John Timms, who can sometimes be a bit too loose on the pencils for my taste seems to be doing quite tight and sharp work so far, based on the cover and the annual. Really happy to see Nightrunner again after no one but me voted for him in the Round Robin last year!
    I didn't like Timm's art on SoKE, but here it looks soooo much better.

We're on the same page. Yeah, the wolf guy also seems to be interesting.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

And I'm on the opposite side: I could do without Ghost-Maker, Clown Hunter, and the doggie dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Id rather not have Ghost-maker or Clownhunter. The Morrison characters are the only reason I am interested in this book.
    I am less convinced about Clownhunter - I don't know where he's supposed to be able to go. I thought Tynion's Annual telling his story was amazing - truly beautiful takeoff on "There Is No Hope In Crime Alley" - but it's the kind of story where you just let that character sit for a long time till someone comes up with a different direction. They seem to be taking him in the same direction, which is very much a dead end.

Ghostmaker, on the other hand, is fantastic. I love the way Tynion introduced him as an enemy, then revealed he was actually a friend (though there were a few awkward notes in there). I'm going to be extremely curious seeing how it all works out, and I hope that it's going to be an ensemble book with a rotating focus, so we get a Jiro issue, and a Nightrunner issue, and not just the leader all the time. But we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I didn't like Timm's art on SoKE, but here it looks soooo much better.

We're on the same page. Yeah, the wolf guy also seems to be interesting.
    Same. Timms both with Bendis and Taylor was too loose in pencils for me to really dig him, but here, it is really exciting to see what's coming out!

I think both the new and the old characters are interesting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I hated them when Morrison had them in his main Batman run, just turned me off the book completely.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.

I hated them when Morrison had them in his main Batman run, just turned me off the book completely.
    Wait . . . when did Morrison use Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter?

I think that was a joke, but I could be wrong.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I only know Brisson from his work on New Mutants. He would alternate with Jonathan Hickman for a while and his work really derailed the book. He wrote 9 issues, 7 of which were bad. His last 2 issues were actually very good, a huge improvement, and showed that he has talent. But 2 out of 9 issues being good is a bad record.
    I'd argue you could see an improvement in that short run. I actually thought his last two issues were some of the best from that period of X books, and while the stuff before it wasn't terrible, it was certainly forgettable.

I may need to give it another read through at some point, maybe once the Krakoa era ends and I decide to read everything.
    I have his X-Force as well, but I've not read it yet so I can't comment on it.

Wait . . . when did Morrison use Ghost-Maker and Clown Hunter?
    Not them, the Batmen of All Nations.

Not them, the Batmen of All Nations.
    But that was part of why Batman Inc was so cool!