Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Frankly, I think the way things are dragging, Tran and Tier's stories might never be told before the editor decide to change the writer.

Their stories should have been told long ago instead of dragging the Shadow King's stories with irrelevant subplots.
    And some call this great character studies, it's just baffling. What characters beside the Shadow King and Scout were studied in those 12 issues? Warpath, Warlock and Karma each had one issue and then did nothing for the rest of the book. Wolfbane was insufferable as always so I guess she was done right.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Nothing baffling at all.
    I dragged the SK-saga for being unnecessarily too long and those little brats being too damn pissy and immature but...I recognised Vita's ability to convey their story through characterisation rather than having the story poorly dictate the characterisations. That's how I read it...which is clearly different to how others might read it, and that's okies. We might be reading the same book but you are not me and I am certainly not you.
    So again, I am perfectly clear on why I said what I said.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Frankly, I think the way things have been dragging, Tran and Tier's stories might never be told before the editor decides to change the writer.

Their stories should have been told long ago instead of dragging the Shadow King's stories with irrelevant subplots.
    Tran could have immediately shown back in his body. It would take just a panel or two.

Similarly, for finding Tier.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Since New Mutants isn't exactly setting any sales charts on fire as is, I'd argue a string of fill-in issues will be the final nail in the coffin. I fully expect the book to be relaunched/retooled after the Summer.
    I agree with you. I think they probably made this decision quite some time ago. But they let Vita close out some character arcs, such as the Shadow King, and now Madelyne and Magik.

A d this is not Vita’s fault, but many of the New Mutants never took off as characters. Magik did, because she became an X-Man, and one of Dr. Strange’s inner circle.

Moonstar at least is a Valkyrie. But Karma? Nothing going on really. Ditto Wolfsbane. Cannonball and Sunspot are jokes.

BANNED

I think writers in recent years are much better people with more EQ. Claremont and Simonson wanted to say Illyana was evil because of what Belasco did to her. But she was essentially human trafficked by a demonic pedophile. That never thought ti have any kind of healing for her, or any training from a sorcerer outside of Limbo was absurd. Thus I liked the Darkchilde reclaiming the soulsword, and then reclaiming her soul from the Beatrice Medallion. And now she is a Krakoan War Captain.

I also liked how she asked Madelyne to take over as sorceress supreme of Limbo and how she interacts with Madelyne as a person.