Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Incredible Member

I give him a lot of flack because of OMD but he did revitalize Marvel. He took a lot of chances on different books and it paid off. That said, this does not mean OMD is going away anytime soon or ever. But at this point if I want to read decent stories, I'll reread the early 2000's books I enjoyed.

BANNED

He leaves behind a mixed legacy, but man what a legacy. Some of the best runs, writers, and artists all came up through his watch. Marvel charged into the 21st century under him

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    He leaves behind a mixed legacy, but man what a legacy. Some of the best runs, writers, and artists all came up through his watch. Marvel charged into the 21st century under him
    Yes he did many good things over his tenure, but the bad still outweighs the good because people still talk about the bad more and now there's a better chance to correct that bad and fix what was broken

I still don't think the marriage is coming back.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, I get the feeling anyone who feels this automatically means the marriage is coming back may end up disappointed...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    There's still admittedly an uphill climb, Brevoort is still there, and Lowe is in firm lockstep with giving Peter as much misery as possible.

Yeah it wasn’t just him who wanted it gone. You’d need to get Lowe out of the editorial seat as well, maybe kick Breevort out to boot too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Going by what Slott has said during his own run, he can certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but the "Anti-Marriage" stance was never exclusive to just Quesada. There seemed to be shared stance across Marvel's leadership. Add that with the fact that the comics had been actively trying to get around the marriage since the 90s. The main motivation behind the "Ben was the original, Peter was the clone" plot twist was so that they could have their single Spider-Man again lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I give him a lot of flack because of OMD but he did revitalize Marvel. He took a lot of chances on different books and it paid off. That said, this does not mean OMD is going away anytime soon or ever. But at this point if I want to read decent stories, I'll reread the early 2000's books I enjoyed.
    Good riddance. I will not miss him in the least. All we need is the rest marriage haters to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    No. Most of the x-characters including Wolverine were thrashed under his radar. Let's not forget Ultimate Universe with the X-Men as well
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-24-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    No. Most of the x-characters including Wolverine were thrashed under his radar. Let's not forget Ultimate Universe with the X-Men as well
    The Ultimate Universe was killed off needlessly. There should never had been a crossover between Earth-1610 and Earth-616. UU was badly managed at the midpoint of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Ultimate Universe was killed off needlessly. There should never had been a crossover between Earth-1610 and Earth-616. UU was badly managed at the midpoint of its run.
    Meh, I'm glad they killed it off. Never the same without Bendis. Might as well have called it the Bendisverse.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Dan Slott was interviewed about his departure from Fantastic Four and in the process, revealed just how much Quesada was still calling some shots at the company

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...fantastic-four

The end of the Kree/Skrull war, and Alicia and Ben's two kids, were originally conceived by Quesada, however the plan was for Reed and Sue to adopt them and Slott successfully pitched that Alicia and Ben become their parents.