Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Only problem is that Quesada made it impossible to get away from his Spider-Man without practically no longer reading Spider-Man.
    On a macro level, the OMD Spider-Man is the only one that's going to be in ASM for now, that's true. However, if you know that you really don't like stories where Quesada is the one writing, why financially support it and aggravate yourself?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    All the more reason for them to be in the public domain
    Gonna be a long time before that happens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    On a macro level, the OMD Spider-Man is the only one that's going to be in ASM for now, that's true. However, if you know that you really don't like stories where Quesada is the one writing, why financially support it and aggravate yourself?
    First, "Stories where Quesada is the one writing" is a weird way to frame this discussion, since Quesada has power and influence, and therefore doesn't have to write anything to get his version of Spider-Man implemented.

Second, who says I'm financially supporting it?

BANNED

Quesada's first post-Marvel project sees him working with Jimmy Palmiotti and Rob Liefield

https://www.cbr.com/joe-quesada-firs...r-rob-liefeld/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I give him a lot of flack because of OMD but he did revitalize Marvel. He took a lot of chances on different books and it paid off. That said, this does not mean OMD is going away anytime soon or ever. But at this point if I want to read decent stories, I'll reread the early 2000's books I enjoyed.
    No. Most of the x-characters including Wolverine were thrashed under his radar. Let's not forget Ultimate Universe with the X-Men as well
    Last edited by Vishop; 06-24-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    No. Most of the x-characters including Wolverine were thrashed under his radar. Let's not forget Ultimate Universe with the X-Men as well
    The Ultimate Universe was killed off needlessly. There should never had been a crossover between Earth-1610 and Earth-616. UU was badly managed at the midpoint of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Yes the ones who benefitted during Quesada was those under his original imprint Marvel Knights and some avengers. Quesada did good things but when I look at marvel now and trace back much of the damage most of it leads back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Ultimate Universe was killed off needlessly. There should never had been a crossover between Earth-1610 and Earth-616. UU was badly managed at the midpoint of its run.
    Meh, I'm glad they killed it off. Never the same without Bendis. Might as well have called it the Bendisverse.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Dan Slott was interviewed about his departure from Fantastic Four and in the process, revealed just how much Quesada was still calling some shots at the company

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...fantastic-four

The end of the Kree/Skrull war, and Alicia and Ben's two kids, were originally conceived by Quesada, however the plan was for Reed and Sue to adopt them and Slott successfully pitched that Alicia and Ben become their parents.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Gracias! Don't know why I couldn't find this.
    Here's the end result of what he meant. Thankfully just a variant cover
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...asy-1000-cover