Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    okay..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    If only Marvel could retire Quesada's negative ideas with him but keep his good ones.
    My thoughts exactly.

I've heard a great many things from my insider sources over the years that indicate Big Joe was the driving force behind the marriage never coming back (and also Peter & MJ's on-again-off-again status) not to mention the ever expanding prominence of Mephisto in the Spidey Mythos as an "inside joke" to "stick it to toxic fans". That said, I can't say more here because of the CBR stance against attacking creatives for so-called personal reasons (I've been temp banned several times already). If anyone wants to know more feel free to PM me.

PS I'm happy he's gone, not going to lie.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-01-2022 at 10:53 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    okay..........
    Just thought it was an interesting parallel, given the two's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    not to mention the ever expanding prominence of Mephisto in the Spidey Mythos as an "inside joke" to "stick it to toxic fans".
    I wonder with Quesada gone, maybe Aaron will actually wrap his Mephisto epic up quicker? It's been going on for far too long and Mephisto's had no comeuppance there either.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 06-01-2022 at 10:55 AM.

Just thought it was an interesting parallel, given the two's history.

I wonder with Quesada gone, maybe Aaron will actually wrap his Mephisto epic up quicker? It's been going on for far too long and Mephisto's had no comeuppance there either.
    Yeah, that's a curious thing that gives credence to the rumors I've heard about Mephisto being an inside joke plot device of Big Joe's. Since OMD Mephisto has received little if any comeuppance for his different ever-increasingly grand schemes; sure, Ghost Rider "beat him" but that was far too temporary a setback. The real proof or disproof of this rumor is how Mephisto will be written moving forward now Joe is gone.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-01-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It better #^@&ing not be the third part of Q’s “trilogy” (after OMD and OMIT) he used to tease.
    If that's the case, then the theory that it's toxic fans, and not Marvel themselves, who won't let go of that awful story, will surely be put to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    And regardless, Marvel knows teasing the return of any now absent fan favorite status/character will indeed cause excitement and speculation. So who is to blame: the reader for falling for the manipulation designed expressly to push their emotional buttons, or the company cynically and actively trolling readers for money and giggles?
    Both lol.

Company is more at fault for doing it everytime of course, but with the amount of times marriage fans got trolled and they still fall for it so many years later, yeah, stop giving them money to be trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, that's a curious thing that gives credence to the rumors I've heard about Mephisto being an inside joke plot device of Big Joe's. Since OMD Mephisto has received little if any comeuppance for his different ever-increasingly grand schemes; sure, Ghost Rider "beat him" but that was far too temporary a setback. The real proof or disproof of this rumor is how Mephisto will be written moving forward now Joe is gone.
    I remember Mephisto was imprisoned, but then he kept showing up afterwards anyways lol.

I think Mephisto in general didn't get much comeuppance for the bullshit he pulled in general, but yeah, I think after OMD any possible loss hurt less, if he lost at all, though I'm no Mephisto expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Well, Mephisto may not be the Devil himself (Marvel largely avoids making characters out of Christian figures the way they did with Thor, Herakles and other ancient religions), but he's the closest thing to it in the setting. He shouldn't have much "comeuppance", he should be evil, get away with it, and sit in his throne in hell being evil and torturing souls for all eternity.

Spectacular Member

Nick Lowe has apparently teased a project with Quesada on twitter.
    I couldn't find this on the tweet machine. Would you be so kind to point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Well, Mephisto may not be the Devil himself (Marvel largely avoids making characters out of Christian figures the way they did with Thor, Herakles and other ancient religions), but he's the closest thing to it in the setting. He shouldn't have much "comeuppance", he should be evil, get away with it, and sit in his throne in hell being evil and torturing souls for all eternity.
    Eventually, even the "devil" will get owned according to mythology see the Book of Revelations, and all he did to Job was reversed remember. The Devil wishes he was Mephisto all that evil with zero consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    I couldn't find this on the tweet machine. Would you be so kind to point me in the right direction?

https://twitter.com/nick_lowe_/statu...9V1YJXnEjoJEtg

Astonishing Member

Nick Lowe has apparently teased a project with Quesada on twitter.
    It's a Spidey project. Look at the end of his statement "the future will be... AMAZING"

That stood out to me as I first read it. Now with this tease it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    It's a Spidey project. Look at the end of his statement "the future will be... AMAZING"

That stood out to me as I first read it. Now with this tease it makes sense.
    Or its nothing Spider-Man related or something small. Nothing to be worked up about

BANNED

Or its nothing Spider-Man related or something small. Nothing to be worked up about
    For someone who always pushes that something will be done about Spider-Man, MJ, and Mephisto, you seem awfully resistant to anything in regards to that which involves Quesada....

For someone who always pushes that something will be done about Spider-Man, MJ, and Mephisto, you seem awfully resistant to anything in regards to that which involves Quesada....
    Because he would do something vile. Like an evil puppet master lol

BANNED

Because he would do something vile. Like an evil puppet master lol
    They've been doing vile things all year though.