Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh! Also! I have been thinking since I thought of the time travel angle...
    I have to interrupt you to point out that I love that Vecchio acknowledged the time-displacement era. I hope the writers do this more and with each of the original five. They all went underwent so much development during that severely underrated era, and I think acknowledging this serves to deepen each of their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    ...in my earlier post and it occurred to me that giving Romeo an explanation for rapidly aging up is actually SUPER easy?? See, the Inhumans had this one guy named Eldrac the Door. His terrigenesis turned him into like, a giant door, basically. But one that could teleport people who walked through him anywhere they wanted to go. But there was a little used facet of his power that showed up in a couple of stories here and there....sometimes, Eldrac didn't actually teleport people where they ASKED him to send them, but rather they ended up where he somehow sensed they NEEDED to go? In order to get what they really wanted? It was vaguely Siege Perilous-y, but whatever, its still a thing and still potentially nifty. So like, WHAT IF....the reason Romeo ghosted Bobby was because like....he just wasn't in that time period anymore? Like imagine if post Inhumans vs X-Men, Romeo's thinking about how ACTUALLY, he's really serious about Bobby, but then bumming because the thing about their relationship was they never intended to view it as a forever thing, because they knew going into it that it came with an expiration date. They always knew Bobby was going to have to go back into the past eventually, and there'd be that ten or fifteen year gap between them the 'next time' they saw each other after that.

So like, picture Romeo, emotion-manipulating empath who is still fairly new at his powers....walking through Eldrac the Door on some Inhumans mission or whatever....but instead of Eldrac sending him where Romeo was CONSCIOUSLY intending to go....that weird aspect of Eldrac's powers picked up on Romeo's deeper, subconscious worries about the inevitable end of his relationship with Bobby and wishing there was some way they could still be together...and maybe Romeo's emotion powers kickstarted a little feedback loop between the two so that he accidentally enhanced Eldrac's desire to send Romeo to the destination he REALLY wanted to go to...some place that would allow him to still be with Bobby in the future....and this resulted in Romeo finding himself either in some other time period in the future (Eldrac wouldn't be the first teleporter who can bridge time as well as space, see: Illyana), or maybe in some other dimension like Limbo where time runs faster and meant he spent years there before he found a way home where only months had passed (also see: Illyana).

So like...there are possibilities! I could see it! It could work! It'd be a pretty interesting twist if it turns out Romeo never actually ghosted Bobby by choice and that 'abandonment' there was ironically just because of how much he DIDN'T want things between them to end.

(And maybe even Bobby/Christian/Romeo love triangle then? Gays deserve love triangles too, not just Scott, Jean, Logan, Emma, and every straight heroine of every YA novel ever! I'm just saying!)

And there was something else I wanted to comment on but I can't remember what it was so it probably wasn't important unless it was in which case oh no, I can't believe I forgot the most important part. Oh well.
    I definitely think Bobby's past relationship with Romeo has loads of potential and, as you pointed out, there are ways to place them within the same age range. I hope this reunion turns into something weighty and poignant for both of them.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was actually pretty good. I actually finally caved and got the unlimited app to read it, it was worth the download and sign in. Look forward to the next part, Romeo looks like he was aged. Though i do agree in some of the shots iceman looked like a teen, but overall i loved the art and style.
    I always get an inexplicable thrill when I find out someone's subscribed to Marvel Unlimited. There's just such a wealth of material on there, and as far as I'm concerned, it's well worth the ten bucks a month. I hope you have fun exploring and revisiting older issues and arcs. You might find it hard to give it up!

It's also a really handy tool for research on specific characters and their facts and feats.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Do you work for Marvel Mercury?

I subscribed to Unlimited a few years ago for a few months and read everything I cared to. In the time since I haven't seen any additions to their catalog that would tempt me to subscribe again, especially right now as my brokeness is joke-like. I will pick up the eventual trade for this book though. I've seen scans around and although I don't love Vecchio's art, it does seem to be well written.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Do you work for Marvel Mercury?
    Haha! Hence why I wrote "inexplicable thrill."

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I subscribed to Unlimited a few years ago for a few months and read everything I cared to. In the time since I haven't seen any additions to their catalog that would tempt me to subscribe again, especially right now as my brokeness is joke-like. I will pick up the eventual trade for this book, though. I've seen scans around and although I don't love Vecchio's art, it does seem to be well written.
    I have too much to read for work and school, so I take my time going through various series on the app. I've been subscribed for a little under a year, and I don't see myself unsubscribing anytime soon. However, if one has the time to speedread through their content, I can imagine considering the app obsolete at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I kinda like the costume. Feels a bit juvenile but I'm ok with that. Way better than the red one imo.
    Yeah, I prefer Bobby wearing a full uniform when he's not iced up. I'm okay with the outfit. But the art style is a bit juvenile. Maybe that was the intent? He just looks a bit too anime as Iceman for my liking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LucianoVe...13256367824897

@LucianoVecchio: As a thank you for all the love for Marvel’s Voices ICEMAN #1, here’s my first character study with the new costume and logo design

It's like he's naked...except not.