Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exosquad

I had Exosquad toys as a kid, but didn't even know it was from a show!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I had Exosquad toys as a kid, but didn't even know it was from a show!
    Fun fact, those toys came out at the start of season two. That's why there's no Captain Matthew Marcus because he was already dead by season two, and admiral Winfield just never made a toy of him, even though he was in both seasons. If there was going to be a season two toy of Matthew Marcus it would be ash in a ziplock bag. As well as the first Resolute, The Resolute ll was made into a toy, but not one. There was a woman that died in the middle of season one and later her clone in season two found out that walls are not that good of a thing for E-Frames to dive into, it's well deadly.

BANNED

What are the many complaints I hear about Exosquad are that the animation is not good, with some but not much small details like when some bullets hit the water showing the bubbles coming from the bullets as they travel sideways or like when you see Sean Napier's back at the bar seeing he had a port on the back of his neck showing that he was an Ex-Exosquad pilot. Mostly when he got mad at two people at the bar for making fun of the Exo-Fleet and then got into a fight with them. And showing him in a Street cop uniform pretty much that he was an Ex-Exosquad pilot pretty much showing us Sean Napier was kicked out of the Exo-Fleet. And being racist towards the Neo-sapiens, he would later fight and become the leader of the human resistance on Earth, and after the war become a politician fighting for Neo-sapiens thanks to his talks with Exosquad pilot Neo-Sapien Marcella who also fought for humans. Back to animation, this show was made in 1993 and 94 of course the animation where old.

Look at the original Japanese anime Gundam with was made in 1979. Animation has gone up in the decades from 1979 and 1993 and now 2023. Heck, most 2D animations are done on computers mainly to save money cost. This isn't like those G.I.Joe cartoons anymore or in the original transformers cartoon where Optimus Prime points to his right Arm which was removed and put on a tower with his right arm. Exosquad would be a much different animated show it done today.

Ultimate Member

Watching this again on Peacock.

Not complaining, but damn did the censors fall asleep at the switch or somethin'?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Watching this again on Peacock.

Not complaining, but damn did the censors fall asleep at the switch or somethin'?
    How do you mean?

I'm watching Batman TAS and I wonder how a lot of stuff flew under the radar myself...(half of it concerning Harley and Poison Ivy. In the latter her step ford wives a body snatchers style episode from season 2. Yikes!)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm watching Batman TAS and I wonder how a lot of stuff flew under the radar myself...(half of it concerning Harley and Poison Ivy. In the latter her step ford wives a body snatchers style episode from season 2. Yikes!)
    I kind of remember the old interview in an old magazine that was not on the Internet with an animator from Batman TAS stating that when the show started Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were afraid to show certain episodes until Exosquad's unapologetic willingness to kill off main characters that Batman TAS decided to be more let's say aggressive with their storylines. And also when they showed Chuckie Sol dead body in that film.

BANNED

I do think the writers of Arcane saw this show and used it as a bit of inspiration. Yes, two characters named Marcus didn't live to see the second season of their shows. But both Marcus' characters were completely different than one another. Marcus of Arcane started lying to his friends and family and died sadly on a bridge, Marcus on Exosquad was a loudmouth buffoon who thought the best way to help out the human race was the shoot first and ask questions later. After accusing JT Mars of mutiny and later actually doing mutiny which led to his death. But the one thing that Arcane and Exosquad have in common is that both Exosquad's first season and Arcane were split into three parts with individual parts. Of course, Exosquad was not on a streaming service back in 1993 the first part "Fall of the Human Empire" was in 5 parts, and part 2 "Veil of Doom" was in 4 parts as well as part 3 "Into the Heart of Darkness" in 4 parts. ExoSquad Season two not so much. But Arcane was split into three parts with three parts for each storyline. And I can't see the definite inspiration with Arcan and Exosquad.

BANNED

Question What no 1993 Exosquad?

Literally, everything in Exosquad was supposed to closely look like an Anime. Yeah, Exosquad had worse animation than all the other anime shows on this list, but the show was made in 1993 beating most of all the other shows except Batman: The Animated Series. Even the creator Jeff Siegel and head writer the late Michael Edens did work on Japanese properties before. And Jeff Segal was the head of Universal Animation Studios when creating Exosquad. The toys were just licensed to Playmates which ran out years ago. But this list???

https://www.cbr.com/american-cartoon...e/#teen-titans

You don't even mention 1992's Batman: The Animated Series from which all DC animated shows from the '90s and early 2000s started. Especially Teen Titans. But poor Exosquad always getting booted on everything. And the reason why Exosquad lost to Batman is because it's Batman, No one beats Batman. Sadly Exosquad right now is free on Peacock in the kid's section, because NBC/Universal made it where any show made before 2000 would be free on Peacock. Putting beside the large number of main character Deaths. The show was ahead of its time. Just sad really.
    Last edited by ilostmyplace; 06-26-2023 at 05:28 AM.

Ah the show that like captain power ended in an awful cliffhanger with plans for another season, but that season never was made! So, the death of the main female in captain power never got reversed as planned and the exo squad loses and is defeated cliffhanger ends the show. So, we have a kids show where the bad guys won and take over.

The robotech ties are confusing. It was marketed at one point as a robotech show and toys. In fact, some anime fans have season one next to their macross / robotech dvds in their collections!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Ah the show that like captain power ended in an awful cliffhanger with plans for another season, but that season never was made! So, the death of the main female in captain power never got reversed as planned and the exo squad loses and is defeated cliffhanger ends the show. So, we have a kids show where the bad guys won and take over.

The robotech ties are confusing. It was marketed at one point as a robotech show and toys. In fact, some anime fans have season one next to their macross / robotech dvds in their collections!
    That stuff about Captain Power? What??? Captain Power and Exosquad had nothing to do with each other. But the Robotech/Exosquad was more to do with Playmates. The Reality if you want to know was Universal Studios wanted to go a different direction than what Jeff Siegel and the late Michael Edens wanted to do. So, Universal Studio fired both Jeff Siegel and Michael Edens, and Michael Edens would later end up at Fox working on X-Men the animated series, and other shows until his death from cancer. But Universal Studio just stopped caring about Exosquad and let Playmates do whatever until their license agreement ran out. So, Playmates ran a Robotech/Exosquad with two PC ports, one a Digital coloring books and the other a clip show, a Board game, and finally a Sega Genesis video game. The SNES version was canceled.

And your trying to make fun of a show that talked about racism, horrors of war, Lossing loved ones in war, killing off main characters and so on.

BANNED

This video best describes why ExoSquad on Peacock should be removed from the kid's selection and put on the adult animated selection.

Last edited by ilostmyplace; 08-30-2023 at 06:59 PM.