Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Arnim Zola, on the other hand, has been doing a perfect version of "resurrection by cloning and mind transfer" since at least 1942.

Alchemax Genetics can create clones who don't suffer from degeneration (look at Gabby), Dr. Alia Gregor can store human minds, and Dr. Octopus's tech can transfer minds between bodies...

And Tony Stark's method, while requiring the original body to be in one piece... it has the advantage of actually resurrecting the original body, rather than cloning it... While Tony Stark's body was put into the pod immediately after death, Rhodey's body (who died even before Tony, and was buried normally, rather than put in a regenerating pod) was dug up from the grave and resurrected by Tony.

And at least Tony Stark's method is publicly known. People interested in demanding technological "immortality" could pressure him, rather than Krakoa...

They could use the method again every time after making a new clone. Problem solved.

We still haven't seen people in-universe being pissed about it. I think Marvel will make people riot about the issue, but they shouldn't... they aren't doing demonstrations in front of Starktech demanding Tony to share it, so, why would they specifically want the mutant version...?

As for the fans, what they are pissed about are the consequences of mutants knowing that they can't die permanently; they treat their own lives as disposable, and there is less tension when they face a dangerous foe...
    Yeah that's why in my mind the people protesting are the ones that want mutants dead in general. "We shouldn't have to kill you more than once!"
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Pretty sure that was a one-time solution to the problem at hand, stabilizing the degeneration for those who around at that time. Future batches of clones would still come with that flaw.
    I mean, they can just put a speaker with that sound when the clones are being created and the degeneration is gonna be solved rather easily before the clones are even done growing.

Even if they excuse as "The clone has to be finished before doing this", well, finish the clone, then play the sound near 'em, which would take like, 10 extra seconds tops after the clone's out of the tube lol.

Aside from the usual racist nonsense, I guess the reason why they're so pissed with mutants is over how much it's being abused compared to how random resurrection and cloning are less common with the rest, it's pretty stupid even with that excuse, but Marvel civilians somehow manage to be even dumber than real life people, so that's nothing new.

I mean, remember that they were pretty okay with Hydra taking over US of A back in Secret Empire lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-01-2022 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, they can just put a speaker with that sound when the clones are being created and the degeneration is gonna be solved rather easily before the clones are even done growing.

Even if they excuse as "The clone has to be finished before doing this", well, finish the clone, then play the sound near 'em, which would take like, 10 extra seconds tops after the clone's out of the tube lol.

Aside from the usual racist nonsense, I guess the reason why they're so pissed with mutants is over how much it's being abused compared to how random resurrection and cloning are less common with the rest, it's pretty stupid even with that excuse, but Marvel civilians somehow manage to be even dumber than real life people, so that's nothing new.

I mean, remember that they were pretty okay with Hydra taking over US of A back in Secret Empire lol.
    Yeah, considering how things are going now in the real world . . . Secret Empire might have (sadly) been somewhat ahead of its time. At the very least, there are plenty of people in real life on a comparable wavelength of self-destructively, counterproductively stupid and selfish to regular people in the MU, sorry to say.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, considering how things are going now in the real world . . . Secret Empire might have (sadly) been somewhat ahead of its time. At the very least, there are plenty of people in real life on a comparable wavelength of self-destructively, counterproductively stupid and selfish to regular people in the MU, sorry to say.
    SE ain't comparable to that, since it talks like everyone is okay with what can be considered at best, a terrorist group taking over the government, and even governments where people are far more manipulated by propaganda like North Korea doesn't have the population being that okay with it, (Plenty are, but it's not universal), the ones who don't want to put up with it don't do anything because resistance gets you killed, even then those people may try to find a way to escape, so SE talking like about everyone is okay with Hydra, yeah...

So yeah, there are evil people on the world, and people stupid enough to support bad governments even if they have a way to learn how bad it actually is and refuse to see the truth, and even the silly ideas from SE aren't new (That 1984 book has similar silliness, though back when it was written, I think it was more understandable to believe those silliness because how fascist governments actually worked weren't as known, if known at all), problem is that Marvel is really bad when it comes to nuance, it's this way or the other way with generally no middle ground, they generally pick the worst things about the population without the middle ground or the good things about it, so yeah, Marvel civilians are dumber than real life's, which will always be impressive because real life people can be some of the dumbest creatures I've seen, only the human species is intelligent enough to be this dumb.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-01-2022 at 07:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    SE ain't comparable to that, since it talks like everyone is okay with what can be considered at best, a terrorist group taking over the government, and even governments where people are far more manipulated by propaganda like North Korea doesn't have the population being that okay with it, (Plenty are, but it's not universal), the ones who don't want to put up with it don't do anything because resistance gets you killed, even then those people may try to find a way to escape, so SE talking like about everyone is okay with Hydra, yeah...

So yeah, there are evil people on the world, and people stupid enough to support bad governments even if they have a way to learn how bad it actually is and refuse to see the truth, and even the silly ideas from SE aren't new (That 1984 book has similar silliness, though back when it was written, I think it was more understandable to believe those silliness because how fascist governments actually worked weren't as known, if known at all), problem is that Marvel is really bad when it comes to nuance, it's this way or the other way with generally no middle ground, they generally pick the worst things about the population without the middle ground or the good things about it, so yeah, Marvel civilians are dumber than real life's, which will always be impressive because real life people can be some of the dumbest creatures I've seen, only the human species is intelligent enough to be this dumb.
    True enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Hello !
    I can't find the Hellfire Gala 2022 Official Guide anywhere, did they released a print edition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    Hello !
    I can't find the Hellfire Gala 2022 Official Guide anywhere, did they released a print edition ?
    I haven't seen it anywhere and it's not on Amazon or eBay, so perhaps they only released it digitally?

Has anyone heard anything about what the reading order will be for A.X.E: Eve of Judgement, The Hellfire Gala, and Immortal X-Men #4? They're all out on the same day and dealing with a lot of the same stuff.

Wolverine, NM, and Marauders are also out that day but not sure any of those will matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I haven't seen it anywhere and it's not on Amazon or eBay, so perhaps they only released it digitally?
    Yeah the fact that it's not even on ebay would lead to think that but it's strange since they released a print version last year.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about what the reading order will be for A.X.E: Eve of Judgement, The Hellfire Gala, and Immortal X-Men #4? They're all out on the same day and dealing with a lot of the same stuff.

Wolverine, NM, and Marauders are also out that day but not sure any of those will matter.
    gillen said Gala->Immortal 4 -> EoJ

BANNED

https://twitter.com/marciohum/status...92191140880384
    Marcio Hum
    @marciohum

X-Men: Hellfire Gala 2022 🔥🔥🔥 @Marvel

And from...

https://twitter.com/marciohum/status...99412748304384
    X-Men: Hellfire Gala 2021 🔥🔥🔥...

So cute! I really do love Havok's look this year. And Gambit's of course.

Strange we have no teasers as to who won the vote like last year.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Strange we have no teasers as to who won the vote like last year.
    That Spoiler was very anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    gillen said Gala->Immortal 4 -> EoJ
    Isn’t immortal xmen #4 about Emma and her preparations for the gala? Why should we read gala before the ix