Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Beast has repeatedly failed to stop incursions in Krakoa, has humilliated a popular X-Man (now part of the government) for PR reasons, has tried to X-Force on purpose, has genocided a friendly nation and almost starts WWIII by trying to infect foreign diplomats with lethal biotech... Not even North Korea would tolerate how useless and dangerous to Krakoa itself he is. ..
    I mean, I'm in total agreement that Beast is useless and his stories and plans are trash these days, and I wish he WOULD be removed from X-Force and the book itself, I just disagree that this makes him dissimilar from various real world government officials. *Shrugs*

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I think Beast needs to be in limbo for a while now, or make him a villain. That's just my take on Hank at the moment.

It would be nice if Cable would get on X-Force and replace Wolverine. Keep Black Tom, Cece, Sage and Healer for the Healing Gardens and have Domino accompanied by Feral, Archangel, Shatterstar, Rictor and Bedlam be the main team.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

The way governments work is that people usually fail upwards thanks to the connections that got them the job in the first place. Abraham Lincoln firing his generals until he found one who could win in Grant is the exception to the rule. I don't believe a single high-ranking military or intelligence official was fired following the US pullout from Afghanistan. The question is how has Beast not pissed off all the right people to get fired yet? The stunt he pulled with Colossus should have put him on the outs with the captains, at the very least, creating the sort of tension in Krakoa's defense establishment that would make his removal from power a necessity. Likewise his mistakes with Terra Verde should be seen by Xavier and the council as so politically damaging to the council that they cannot afford to leave him in office.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The way governments work is that people usually fail upwards thanks to the connections that got them the job in the first place. Abraham Lincoln firing his generals until he found one who could win in Grant is the exception to the rule. I don't believe a single high-ranking military or intelligence official was fired following the US pullout from Afghanistan. The question is how has Beast not pissed off all the right people to get fired yet? The stunt he pulled with Colossus should have put him on the outs with the captains, at the very least, creating the sort of tension in Krakoa's defense establishment that would make his removal from power a necessity. Likewise his mistakes with Terra Verde should be seen by Xavier and the council as so politically damaging to the council that they cannot afford to leave him in office.
    I fully understand the "keep your enemy close" yadda yadda angle, and its all well and good and makes for fun stories but WOW this BEAST is just fully unhinged.
    Personally, I'd enjoy a one shot depicting all the ways members of X-Force and/or Krakoa at large have been actively sabotaging any side projects he's been cooking up while also assembling a bigger list of damnable offenses.
    Sage & Cecilia keeping data records -- both security and medical based.
    Some of our more sneaky sneaker Mutants whisping in and out of his lab to tamper with whatever he's working on and ensure failure.
    Maybe Forget Me Not has been assigned monitoring duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    "... Immortal X-Men #4 is about after the Gala, it's about what literally happens then in terms of the X-Men dealing with the fallouts of everything that happens [at the Hellfire Gala]. And [Immortal X-Men #4] is also a prologue to what happens next."

https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-j...vent-interview
    And there you have it. Thanks!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!