Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It took me a second to realize "INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW X-MEN" referes to the new team of X-Men, and not in fact the New X-Men.
    I’m not. Not to be mean but as a relatively new and young fan, even with a lot of back issue reading done trying to keep track of this many characters gets a bit ridiculous. It also feels like with every new, for lack of a better term second tier X-character that is introduced the pagetime for the others gets reduced.

Not going to dive into the human-mutant stuff except to say if Marvel wanted to change that status quo in any meaningful way they could have a long time ago. Much like Spidey and Mary Jane having their marriage stolen, I really doubt they are

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It took me a second to realize "INTRODUCTION OF THE NEW X-MEN" referes to the new team of X-Men, and not in fact the New X-Men.
    Don't worry. They might not be the New X-Men, but we can still get Wolverine, Mercury, Hellion, Surge, and so many other heroes on the new team.

2022: THE YEAR OF ACADEMY X, LET'S GOOOOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I also love this notion that some other players have that mutants should be required to solve all of humanities other problems before they can be considered worthy of using something they figured out for themselves.

It isn't like there is some other group with a resurrection system that kills a random person in order to function, or a nation that has cured cancer but refuses to share the data, or mystical healing that other heroes use, or nanites that can transform people into pictures of health for a high price...oh, wait, the Marvel Universe has ALL those things. And while I have heard some pushback to each of those things, all of them combined haven't hit the level of vitriol directed at mutants.
    Hey man, mystical healing sucks ass, can't even heal an old lady who got shot .

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Problem there is that it’s an issue that the X-books created and one that they choose to perpetuate to a cartoonish degree because writers will never let go of the hated and feared aspect of the franchise no matter what happens in the X-books. It would be one thing if this was something present in other books outside of this line but as it stands, the X-books creates their own victim complex that they then throw shade at humanity for and never do anything to solve or improve.
    The writers do exaggerate to silly levels just how much racism there is with almost 0% support from humans, I'm just pointing out that not sharing too much of the awesome medicines is understable in-universe at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    These are some much better criticisms than "how dare they, solve every other problem first".
    Honestly, if I were to make this point, then I should also point out that other capable people like Reed and Stark could do more, but they just don't.

Reed has had excuses like "It could **** up the economy" or some **** like that, but at least he could, I dunno, come up with alternate medicines to compete with US of A's complete of a joke that is medical industry? Just a thought...

At the very least, Krakoa is selling those medicines they came up with at all, and while we mostly don't see 'em, it's something that is mentioned once or twice, Krakoa by default does more, it's not for completely altruistic reasons, but hey, at this point, can't blame 'em...

I understand bringing in Sinister - without him the system for cheating death cannot work. It's a deal with the devil, in an attempt to stave off oblivion.
    Even in such a case, they let him do too much without keeping an eye on him, only Empath did any sort of spying on him back in Hellions, besides that, he has too much freedom lol.

Mystique, Fabian Cortez, and Sebastian Shaw are all poster children for Chronic Backstabbing Syndrome, making Apocalypse seem trustworthy. At least with Shaw we can make some excuse for his resources, but even that is a flimsy one.
    I'm pretty sure that if they wanted, they could have Emma do the more illegal **** Shaw does lol.

The Crucible is also very iffy, to the point that some prominent characters on Krakoa have shown reservations about it on panel - although I don't think either those reservations, or the Crucible itself have appeared again.
    They only did so afterwards too, in X-Men#8 vol 5, Cyke and Nightcrawler don't really care, I do know Nightcrawler eventually decided to complain about it in Way of X#1, but yeah, shouldn't have been okay with it to begin with.

That said, I wonder how brutal it would seem to someone who knows that their death is only going to be temporary. Having that knowledge should have an effect on someone, as shown by Pixie ending a battle with a suicide run. Apparently you aren't part of the club until you have died at least once.
    Living beings have an instinctual fear of death, even if you can come back after dying, it doesn't really mean you'd be okay with dying that easily.

Think of it like this, if there is a technology that can make you grow your arms again, would you go around picking chainsaws to cut off your arms just because? Death is a version of this that is even scarier to even attempt even if you "know" you can come back from it.

Not denying that there would be insane people dying just to prove they can come back (And not care how much this would be a pain in the ass for The Five), but I have my doubts that would become the norm, unless Krakoa is that much of a cult I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    - Captain America will be implied to be a white supremacist again
    The hell? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This cracked me up
    Moira Jane is a genius nickname that's been around here for a while.

This is the oldest post that mentioned that I know of, might be the first one in this forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Moira Jane is the waif Pete Park deserves. 10 lives of dom experience to give him that sentinel swirl game.
    It's so good lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So things are very interesting now that we know that spoilers:
    everyone going to the Gala already know about the X-Mens immortality
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    end of spoilers
    It's probably why in these preview pages spoilers:
    Clea looks like she's demanding something, she's probably trying to get 'em to resurrect Strange.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The irony of this being posted in the Hellfire Gala thread considering this year's theme.

Along with finding a suitable home for the Arakki, the other reason they terraformed Mars was due to the medicine. The demand from humanity was rising rapidly and humanity started requesting the meds in higher concentrations. The need for more farming land became urgent especially considering Noblesse, a competitor run by humans, destroyed the Savage Land plant because they didn't like that Krakoan drugs worked so well. So our omegas terraformed a dead planet in part to provide humanity with tailor-made drugs as requested.
    A bummer that Emma is not the one to announce the new roster. Imagine how delighted she would've been to see Angelica's name on the card

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A bummer that Emma is not the one to announce the new roster. Imagine how delighted she would've been to see Angelica's name on the card
    Such dramatic irony. Especially because she was trying to recruit her away from the X-Men to begin with .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's probably why in these preview pages spoilers:
    Clea looks like she's demanding something, she's probably trying to get 'em to resurrect Strange.
    end of spoilers
    Hmm, yeah . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

When does this issue come out now?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    When does this issue come out now?
    it comes out july 13
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    knowing Emma I wouldn't even be surprised if she voted for her
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

I'm calling it: Wanda will be announcing the new team. teehee!
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    knowing Emma I wouldn't even be surprised if she voted for her
    It would be a waste not to mine the drama between the two with Angelica on the X-Men and Emma on the Council. Although I know who Duggan prefers .

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm calling it: Wanda will be announcing the new team. teehee!
    She is the only honored guest I could think of that they would have announce them. Though I did think of Cyke, but that was before X-Men #12 did the resurrection reveal.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Also it's gonna be Firestar because she's the one that regular people who follow the Marvel Twitter know most about, which is how Lorna won last year.