Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Also it's gonna be Firestar because she's the one that regular people who follow the Marvel Twitter know most about, which is how Lorna won last year.
    I must say, when Angelica was first shown to be ahead in the polls, I was very surprised to see a character who's been so rarely seen in the comics for the past few decades getting more votes than the likes of Monet or Hisako who have an immensely bigger comicbook profile. I thought Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends was way too old to be any influence... and then I realized it's on Disney+ for everyone to see, young or old as they may be, which raises Firestar's profile in a way no other name on the list can compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Weird that this Gala is taking place on Krakoa and not Mykines
    Where are you getting this from?
    If you compare Dauterman's preview pages with his pages in X-Men 21, it's obvious the Gala is still taking place at the same venue in Mykines.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm calling it: Wanda will be announcing the new team. teehee!
    I agree with this - Duggan posted a portion of the script on Twitter some time ago that alludes to Wanda announcing the winners. I'll see if I can find it.

By the way, has anyone seen the updated cover for this issue?
    It looks like they have done some last minute changes to Cyclops' costume on the account that his previous costume veered too close to appropriation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be a waste not to mine the drama between the two with Angelica on the X-Men and Emma on the Council. Although I know who Duggan prefers .
    I do wonder if they will go down this route. There's been so much time passed since that incident. In all that time they've had a couple of run-ins, Firestar became a teacher at the school and joined the team for a couple of years. And Firestar was also recruited onto Emma's hit squad during age of X.

Having Wanda introduce Firestar would be nice seeing as they were friends back in the avengers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's probably why in these preview pages spoilers:
    Clea looks like she's demanding something, she's probably trying to get 'em to resurrect Strange.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    so what is moira going to do at the gala if not reveal immortality? surely she isn't going disguised as mj to just kill some people. maybe she reveals what her and xavier had been doing behind the scenes
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm calling it: Wanda will be announcing the new team. teehee!
    i would have guessed the person who is covered in the classified box was announcing the team, and we can see wanda with lorna on the same page so its not her

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    spoilers:
    so what is moira going to do at the gala if not reveal immortality? surely she isn't going disguised as mj to just kill some people. maybe she reveals what her and xavier had been doing behind the scenes
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She's shown talking with Proteus in the preview, it's always possible she's trying to get him on her side, maybe even try to use him to destroy the resurrection protocol.

It could be an interesting question for the X-Men, let's say Proteus does take Moira Jane's side and leaves Krakoa, would they make a clone of him with the memories before he left it for Moira Jane in case other reality warpers aren't available?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    She's shown talking with Proteus in the preview, it's always possible she's trying to get him on her side, maybe even try to use him to destroy the resurrection protocol.

It could be an interesting question for the X-Men, let's say Proteus does take Moira Jane's side and leaves Krakoa, would they make a clone of him with the memories before he left it for Moira Jane in case other reality warpers aren't available?
    end of spoilers
    That'd be interesting.
    [spoil] They've never dealt with the idea of trying to "resurrect" someone who isn't dead. There were questions about that with Vulcan but it doesn't seem they care about that[/spoiil]

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    That'd be interesting.
    spoilers:
    They've never dealt with the idea of trying to "resurrect" someone who isn't dead. There were questions about that with Vulcan but it doesn't seem they care about that
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They did deal with that back in Immortal X-Men#2, Selene had to be killed before they picked a new body to see how to kill off that giant monsters, instead of just using that other body to do the same thing without needing to kill Selene.

On the other hand, a situation like them losing someone from the Five is far more important than some rampaging monster, so it's possible they'd make a clone of Proteus and lie to him, or even get him killed somehow just to use a new clone without the memories of joining Moira Jane
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Eh, A) they've got other reality manipulators (like Cosimar and Jamie Braddock) and B) they've got mutants who can duplicate the powers of others (like Synch and Rogue) and C) for 9 out of 10 resurrections, involving people who don't have to have adamantium grafted to their bones or something extra like that, Proteus doesn't do a darn thing anyway.

Egg makes the protein. Elixir feeds it the dead person's DNA. Tempus ages it up. Chuck or Hope fill the empty thinkymeat with the dead person's memories. Proteus accidentally gives it an adamantium skeleton because he forgot this person didn't have adamantium bones.

"And you get an adamantium skeleton, and you get an adamantium skeleton, everyone gets an adamantium skeleton!"

Given that Apocalypse, Sinister *and* the Shiar have all been able to do the clone/memory-transfer thing *by themselves* before, it's not like *any* of the Five are indispensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Eh, A) they've got other reality manipulators (like Cosimar and Jamie Braddock) and B) they've got mutants who can duplicate the powers of others (like Synch and Rogue) and C) for 9 out of 10 resurrections, involving people who don't have to have adamantium grafted to their bones or something extra like that, Proteus doesn't do a darn thing anyway.

Egg makes the protein. Elixir feeds it the dead person's DNA. Tempus ages it up. Chuck or Hope fill the empty thinkymeat with the dead person's memories. Proteus accidentally gives it an adamantium skeleton because he forgot this person didn't have adamantium bones.

"And you get an adamantium skeleton, and you get an adamantium skeleton, everyone gets an adamantium skeleton!"

Given that Apocalypse, Sinister *and* the Shiar have all been able to do the clone/memory-transfer thing *by themselves* before, it's not like *any* of the Five are indispensible.
    I believe it was said in HoX that Proteus makes the eggs viable. The interesting thing about him is that he burns out his body so he constantly has to use new Xavier husks. Seems a bit cumbersome when there are other reality warpers that don't have that issue but then I wonder if he would eventually end up going nuts again if he weren't kept so busy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I believe it was said in HoX that Proteus makes the eggs viable. The interesting thing about him is that he burns out his body so he constantly has to use new Xavier husks. Seems a bit cumbersome when there are other reality warpers that don't have that issue but then I wonder if he would eventually end up going nuts again if he weren't kept so busy.
    I also recall it was stated that the "eggs" are infertile until Protheus alters them, which ironicaly could mean the whole "they are actualy eggs!" explanation might actualy just be them hyping the whole thing up and they are still anorganic material Goldballs somehow materializes from his chest, with all the important work to make them incubation chambers being done by Protheus himself, which he might also be able to do with anything else from a chicken eggs to a rock.

Actualy was it ever adressed how he got back and how they managed to make him so docile? In HOX/POX he was just randomly back and totaly willing to work with the other four, but no reason how.

It would be rather cheap as explanation that handing him countless clone bodies of Xavier would have been the only reason for that. Since it's a solution to his powers which could have allready been provided ages ago.

So it would seem likely that they not only picked him for a specific reason but also that there might have been some foul play involved in getting him to join in. Something that Moira could be exploiting, given she would have been one of the masterminds behind turning him into a usefull tool like that.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-30-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I also recall it was stated that the "eggs" are infertile until Protheus alters them, which ironicaly could mean the whole "they are actualy eggs!" explanation might actualy just be them hyping the whole thing up and they are still anorganic material Goldballs somehow materializes from his chest, with all the important work to make them incubation chambers being done by Protheus himself, which he might also be able to do with anything else from a chicken eggs to a rock.

Actualy was it ever adressed how he got back and how they managed to make him so docile? In HOX/POX he was just randomly back and totaly willing to work with the other four, but no reason how.

It would be rather cheap as explanation that handing him countless clone bodies of Xavier would have been the only reason for that. Since it's a solution to his powers which could have allready been provided ages ago.

So it would seem likely that they not only picked him for a specific reason but also that there might have been some foul play involved in getting him to join in. Something that Moira could be exploiting, given she would have been one of the masterminds behind turning him into a usefull tool like that.
    I feel like there was a data page about Proteus that went into why he's more docile now but I could be totally imagining that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He's the one who makes the eggs functional lol.

But yeah, forgot about other people also having those powers.

Yeah, they haven't given a reason why the Five's cloning method is any better than the rest.

Out of universe it's the most interesting method since it's more detailed and looks exclusive to mutants, in-universe though? It looks overly complicated

And the Xandarians. And the Jackal. And Tony Stark. And Arnim Zola. And Kang.

Many other people have done either the cloning part (too many to count) or the mind copy/transfer part (Dr. Doom, Dr. Octopus... etc.).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    And the Xandarians. And the Jackal. And Tony Stark. And Arnim Zola. And Kang.

Many other people have done either the cloning part (too many to count) or the mind copy/transfer part (Dr. Doom, Dr. Octopus... etc.).
    In that sense, why be pissed off at the mutants for having their "mutant-exclusive" method of resurrection when they can just hit up Tony Stark to make his "biotechnological reboot" that he used to revive himself (and Rhodey) at the end of Brian Bendis's Iron Man run available to everyone? Either that, or recruit the Jackal and/or Doctor Octopus, both of whom managed to master comparatively advanced versions of cloning tech that could effectively emulate resurrection, Ock particularly by combining the Jackal's cloning/"reanimation" tech with the Spider-Verse's Inheritors' cloning-and-mind transfer tech. Hell, Doctor Stasis, the alleged "real Mister Sinister/Nathaniel Essex" working for Orchis, could just offer humanity their own version of the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols, as they were derived from the mutant Sinister's massive archive of mutant, human, and nonmutant superhuman DNA.
    The spider is always on the hunt.