Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

I second BOP comment above. Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone are Gods when it comes to the street level scene. No one's work has ever been tighter, more harmonious, or more Bad@$$ than their BOP minis, one-shots and series.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeCagefan View Post
    I agree with everything...but I loved the Birds of Prey series. Barbara as Oracle had a ton of stories. What becomes of Cassandra Cain and my man Jason Todd?
    I would keep them as Red Hood and Orphan. And Barbara as Oracle could still be canon but she just went back to Batgirl after a surgery and it wouldn't be related to The Killing Joke, which wasn't supposed to be canon. I also need to add that she would still be Jim's biological daughter and I would retcon him cheating on his wife and Jim Jr. being a psychopath.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I second BOP comment above. Chuck Dixon and Gail Simone are Gods when it comes to the street level scene. No one's work has ever been tighter, more harmonious, or more Bad@$$ than their BOP minis, one-shots and series.
    I agree. Though I do have some gripes with how Gail handled Huntress but her and Dixon made the Batman universe golden.

I agree. Though I do have some gripes with how Gail handled Huntress but her and Dixon made the Batman universe golden.
    I know her name is akin to mud on the Batboards but for Huntress I always like Devyn Grayson's voice gor and depiction of her. She was fearless and unapologetic.

I do think Gail did a good job highlighting thd existing tension between the Batfamily and Huntress due to Bruce being ... Bruce, navigating and resolving it in a pseudo organic fashion

I agree with everything...but I loved the Birds of Prey series. Barbara as Oracle had a ton of stories. What becomes of Cassandra Cain and my man Jason Todd?
    What do you have against Wally being the Flash?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Might as well fully reboot if you're going to do things like Batwoman not being Batman's cousin
    I mean. She wasn't his cousin for longer than she was and honestly I'm still meh about her being his cousin since it's just a lazy way of making her a "real" member of the Batfamily.

How many Batpeople are there now?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I mean. She wasn't his cousin for longer than she was and honestly I'm still meh about her being his cousin since it's just a lazy way of making her a "real" member of the Batfamily.
    Kathy Kane and Kate Kane aren't the same person. Kathy actually did appear after Kate's debut.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Katherine_Webb_(New_Earth)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    My ideal DC Universe would:

• Revert back to Post-Crisis canon
    • Restore Supergirl's Pre-Crisis origin
    • Keep an old JSA in on New Earth but have a classic Earth-2 that isn't modernized
    • The Hawks are Thanagarians on New Earth, but reincarnated on Earth-2
    • No Damian Wayne
    • Barry is the Flash and Wally is an adult Kid Flash but unmarried
    • Aquaman and Orm retain their New 52 parentage
    • JLA has their classic founders and origins
    • Wonder Woman is the only JLA founder who was also on the JSA
    • Dinah Lance is the second Black Canary and has a secret ID through her blonde wig
    • The Marvel Family are called such and have their classic origins
    • Joker and Harley remain together and she doesn't become a good guy, keeping her jester costume and not getting her skin bleached
    • Barbara is Batgirl and The Killing Joke is not canon
    • Aquababy didn't die
    • Every retcon of a character's sexual orientation would be reversed
    • Keep the Dakotaverse in the DCU
    • Make Static's canon be a cross between the old Milestone comics and the TV series
    • Have an unwritten rule of not giving old characters new children or aging them up
    • Superman has the Byrne origin and the S isn't the El's Kryptonian crest
    • Bruce Wayne would have had his Uncle Phillip have custody of him but he was rarely there, and Alfred pretty much raised him and Bruce moved back into Wayne Manor as an adult
    • Selina gets back her long hair and purple costume
    • The Kanes wouldn't be related to the Waynes but there would be three superheroines in the family with their bat monikers
    • Barry Allen's retconned origin with his mother's murder would go away and it would go back to how it was Pre-Crisis
    • No more human GLs after Kyle Rayner. Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz would be in other Lantern Corps.
    • Black Adam remains a villain

What do you have against Wally being the Flash?

• Keep an old JSA in on New Earth but have a classic Earth-2 that isn't modernized
    • No Damian Wayne
    • Dinah Lance is the second Black Canary and has a secret ID through her blonde wig
    • Joker and Harley remain together and she doesn't become a good guy, keeping her jester costume and not getting her skin bleached
    • Aquababy didn't die
    • Make Static's canon be a cross between the old Milestone comics and the TV series
    • Have an unwritten rule of not giving old characters new children or aging them up
    • Bruce Wayne would have had his Uncle Phillip have custody of him but he was rarely there, and Alfred pretty much raised him and Bruce moved back into Wayne Manor as an adult
    • The Kanes wouldn't be related to the Waynes but there would be three superheroines in the family with their bat monikers
    • Barry Allen's retconned origin with his mother's murder would go away and it would go back to how it was Pre-Crisis
    • No more human GLs after Kyle Rayner. Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz would be in other Lantern Corps.

With the exception of like four of these, I’m on board completely.

Here’s my ideas:

Post-Crisis continuity, with small changes.
    Those changes being things like Clark was Superboy, but only in the future and his memories of being Superboy were erased from his mind until his adulthood.
    Jon is 10. No older. And he is made to fit into the timeline
    Clark’s Identify is secret.
    Ted Kord’s resurrection is explained.
    Wally is the Flash of the present, Barry is in the 30th century, which could lead to a wing of future titles in the 30th including LoSH.
    Most things that happened during New52 are weaved into the fabric of continuity, but if they can’t be fit in, they are retconned out.
    Professor Stein is not a commie traitor.
    As much as I love the character, Pa Kent died in the Brainiac story.
    Character’s whose sexuality was changed for no logical reasons are retconned back, others they make since (PoisonIvy, Batwoman, etc) are fine.

Just a few ideas

BANNED

• No Damian Wayne
    • Aquababy didn't die
    I agree with some of these, but not so much Wally's role and the Byrne origin for Superman. I strongly agree about the sexual preference changes and The Killing Joke. Both are toxic for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Here’s my ideas:

Those changes being things like Clark was Superboy, but only in the future and his memories of being Superboy were erased from his mind until his adulthood.
    Wally is the Flash of the present, Barry is in the 30th century, which could lead to a wing of future titles in the 30th including LoSH.
    Most things that happened during New52 are weaved into the fabric of continuity, but if they can’t be fit in, they are retconned out.
    Character’s whose sexuality was changed for no logical reasons are retconned back, others they make since (PoisonIvy, Batwoman, etc) are fine.

Just a few ideas
    I like a lot of this, especially Barry in the 30th century. That's where he was before he was summoned to the 20th century and became involved in COIE. I'd like to see him back there with Iris and, as you mentioned, other relevant characters. Maybe his book (Flash Forward, maybe?) could be the anchor of a series of titles set in the future like Marvel's 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Here’s my ideas:

Just a few ideas
    The sexuality thing seems to be an issue for people and I keep reading "for no logical reason". About feelings. Let that sink in.

Just like in real life you may not know "until". You don't know what their struggle was, particularly people like Allan Scott

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kathy Kane and Kate Kane aren't the same person. Kathy actually did appear after Kate's debut.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Katherine_Webb_(New_Earth)
    ??? Kathy has nothing to do with this conversation.

Kate Kate aka Bruce's cousin (now) was not his cousin or related to him until Rebirth. So from 2008 until 2016 they weren't related.

- Putting Wonder Woman back in World War II

Crowbarring Diana into WWII is a dumb idea that makes a mess of her supporting cast, adds a needless complication to her origin/backstory, cheapens her character, ultimately adds nothing of value, and is never treated with the gravity it warrants. And making it Hippolyta instead doesn't help.

A Wonder Woman who's been around as a hero that long can make for an interesting Elseworld story or an alternate Earth, but the main WW should appear for the first time in relative modern day like everyone else.