Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Benjamin Percy talks Danger, Deadpool, and Wolverine

In this recent interview, Benjamin Percy talks about Logan and Wade's dynamic in the current story arc of Wolverine, but also revealed a bit about what's been going on with Danger:

Speaking of Danger, what made you want to bring her into the book? What can you tell us about her motivations?

The X Office has been talking about how to bring Danger back for a long time. To me, she's one of the more interesting mutant adversaries because she's studied them so closely, privy to their strengths and weaknesses after testing them for years on end. And she has a sick, almost familial obsession with them, as she was essentially both a mother and slave to them. Every time they fought in the Danger Room, they were assaulting her, right? Her very sentience was born out of being treated as a constant enemy.

Given her absorption of all their intelligence and blood and sweat, she might as well be a mutant, but they left her behind. She was not part of the Krakoan experiment -- and the resentment and jealousy she feels isn't that different from Wade's. She's just overcoming her hurt in a much different way.
    I'm not sure how to feel about the X-Men just abandoning one of their most valuable allies like this, who at times has been vital to their survival. I've come to expect no better from Xavier, who doesn't even want his own son around, but over the years Danger has earned the trust of Erik, Emma, Scott, Lorna, and others, to the point where she had often been tasked with protecting the X-Men's most vital assets. Aside from the strategic folly of leaving behind an ally who is familiar with all their weaknesses and also their best chance to defend against other AI such as Nimrod or Ultron, it simply makes the X-Men come off as terrible friends and untrustworthy allies.

Here's hoping Danger will see some better treatment from the X-Office than Moira did.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    In this recent interview, Benjamin Percy talks about Logan and Wade's dynamic in the current story arc of Wolverine, but also revealed a bit about what's been going on with Danger:

I'm not sure how to feel about the X-Men just abandoning one of their most valuable allies like this, who at times has been vital to their survival. I've come to expect no better from Xavier, who doesn't even want his own son around, but over the years Danger has earned the trust of Erik, Emma, Scott, Lorna, and others, to the point where she had often been tasked with protecting the X-Men's most vital assets. Aside from the strategic folly of leaving behind an ally who is familiar with all their weaknesses and also their best chance to defend against other AI such as Nimrod or Ultron, it simply makes the X-Men come off as terrible friends and untrustworthy allies.

Here's hoping Danger will see some better treatment from the X-Office than Moira did.
    I mean... they gave her to the writer who introduced us to the version of Moira who likes to skin people alive soooooo hopes are not high.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post

With Percy writing her?

She'll be Phalanx soon enough.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Wasn't Danger only a villain in her first arc?!?! I always considered her an ally?

Would have been interesting to introduce an artificial intelligence that is actually on the mutants' side...but I guess "black and white" is more the logic for this era.

all Humans, Cyborgs = evil.
    mutants = good.
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-04-2022 at 04:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Wasn't Danger only a villain in her first arc?!?! I always considered her an ally?

Would have been interesting to introduce an artificial intelligence that is actually on the mutants' side...but I guess "black and white" is more the logic for this era.

all Humans, Cyborgs = evil.
    mutants = good.
    People have talking about how the Hesiod protocols could be applied to all AI life if the Quiet Council wanted…if they actually treat Danger as a villain I’m willing to agree with that interpretation.

Also comics writers have some weird obsession with when a character first originated. Avengers Disassembled made sure to mention Wanda’s last as a “key” member of the Brotherhood even when it was only a few issues and she was never onboard, Hawkeye’s origin still gets brought up fairly often, etc

I believe by the end of the arc she will be on Logan’s side and will become part of his supporting cast, along with Deadpool. Not sure if that means she’ll be on X-Force. Maybe just in the Wolverine solo title. But that’s my prediction. As others have said, she could be a powerful ally against Nimrod and Omega Sentinel (i.e., other AI).
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I’ll add that while I’ve really enjoyed Percy’s Wolverine, his X-Force just hasn’t really lived up to the concept IMO. He seems to be playing “small ball” with a team that should be doing so much more… globe-trotting or even solar system-trotting (in the event they followed up on a threat to mutantkind on Planet Arakko) adventures as the Krakoan CIA. Instead they’re basically acting as a rather inept security force for the island. That seems like it is now Kurt’s remit over in Legion of X, so let’s see X-Force really get into the whole “fighting foreign enemies on foreign soil so the threat doesn’t come to our homeland” thing.

I think back to House of M, when Logan woke up and was basically the Nick Fury of a mutant-led world. I mean, if he was backed by an intel branch comprised of Beast, Sage, Black Tom, Danger and Kid Omega (yes, let’s sideline him from the field ops team as he’s obviously bad at it) and with tech/weapons support provided by Forge; and then a more badass field branch comprised of Logan himself, Deadpool, Domino and a couple of others… maybe Thunderbird, Penance, Archangel, etc. The X-Force book could just be so much more than it is. Perhaps Percy should stick with Logan’s solo and hand off X-Force to someone else. Not sure who. Maybe get Zeb Wells back since he did a great job with Hellions. I don’t know. Just thinking out loud here…

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’ll add that while I’ve really enjoyed Percy’s Wolverine, his X-Force just hasn’t really lived up to the concept IMO. He seems to be playing “small ball” with a team that should be doing so much more… globe-trotting or even solar system-trotting (in the event they followed up on a threat to mutantkind on Planet Arakko) adventures as the Krakoan CIA. Instead they’re basically acting as a rather inept security force for the island. That seems like it is now Kurt’s remit over in Legion of X, so let’s see X-Force really get into the whole “fighting foreign enemies on foreign soil so the threat doesn’t come to our homeland” thing.

I think back to House of M, when Logan woke up and was basically the Nick Fury of a mutant-led world. I mean, if he was backed by an intel branch comprised of Beast, Sage, Black Tom, Danger and Kid Omega (yes, let’s sideline him from the field ops team as he’s obviously bad at it) and with tech/weapons support provided by Forge; and then a more badass field branch comprised of Logan himself, Deadpool, Domino and a couple of others… maybe Thunderbird, Penance, Archangel, etc. The X-Force book could just be so much more than it is. Perhaps Percy should stick with Logan’s solo and hand off X-Force to someone else. Not sure who. Maybe get Zeb Wells back since he did a great job with Hellions. I don’t know. Just thinking out loud here…
    Zeb Wells on X-Force would kick so much ass. He clearly has a lot of love for the X-Men, so much so he's bringing mutant stuff over to Amazing Spider-Man. Unfortunately I can't see him coming back to Krakoa while he's writing Spidey and is also busy with MCU stuff, but I'd love to see him back eventually.

Back to the topic... Danger would be a fun addition to Krakoa's cast, after playing the villain in this arc I hope she joins her ex-teammates Warlock and Doug on the island.

When was the last time we saw Danger? Wasn't Cullen Bunn writing her helping Mutants? I forget where she was during the M-Cloud era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I believe by the end of the arc she will be on Logan’s side and will become part of his supporting cast, along with Deadpool. Not sure if that means she’ll be on X-Force. Maybe just in the Wolverine solo title. But that’s my prediction. As others have said, she could be a powerful ally against Nimrod and Omega Sentinel (i.e., other AI).
    Yeah I think she will be added to the X-Force team,I don't see 3/4 robotic villains all playing against one team, 1.OS 2.Nimrod 3.MoiraXI 4.Cameron Hodge... now Danger?

Exactly. She’d be a great addition to the X-Force team too. Put her on the field team with Logan and Domino and boot Quire for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Zeb Wells on X-Force would kick so much ass. He clearly has a lot of love for the X-Men, so much so he's bringing mutant stuff over to Amazing Spider-Man. Unfortunately I can't see him coming back to Krakoa while he's writing Spidey and is also busy with MCU stuff, but I'd love to see him back eventually.

Back to the topic... Danger would be a fun addition to Krakoa's cast, after playing the villain in this arc I hope she joins her ex-teammates Warlock and Doug on the island.
    Wasn't she in a love triangle with the two of them? Let's bring the drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Somebody remembers PAD's last X-Factor run .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When was the last time we saw Danger? Wasn't Cullen Bunn writing her helping Mutants? I forget where she was during the M-Cloud era.
    She was working with Erik and Lorna to train the teen O5 and making sure they wouldn't get killed before being sent back in the past. In the end Magneto took off solo to do some shady stuff and left Danger and Lorna in charge of his estate in Madripoor, which they wanted to turn into a shool for the local mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    The robot relationship drama in All-New X-Factor was such great fun.

All I'm asking for is Danger, Doug, Bei, Warlock, and Jeffries in a hilariously awkward scene together.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Danger should proposition Lorna for sex again.