Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel's Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic #3 Spoilers

Another SPECTACULAR issue. I'm going to be brief in my recap this week.

Christian Frost's Home. Bobby wakes up in Christian's bed to his former boyfriend playing the piano. They exchange morning pleasantries, and Christian reveals he is heading for his "weekly N.A. meeting." "Health comes first," he admits. Before he leaves, he alludes to knowing about Romeo and shares with Bobby that he knows what it's like to feel a sense of "relief" at having an unaccepting father die. Bobby admits that it was perhaps his father's negative influence on him that prevented him from "unlocking [his] full Omega potential for good." Christian kisses him on the forehead and tells him, "You're not limited, ever. You're enough."

The Icy Wastes. Suddenly, Bobby is transported to a strange land by Daemond II, who deems himself the "true heir to Arcturian Sorcery," has entrapped Loki, and attempted to summon the "Powerful Demon Lord of Boreas," a.k.a. Ikthalon. Amidst the confusion, Loki reveals that Daemond II, after inheriting "mystic artifacts beyond his control," used blood magic and tried sacrificing him. However, Loki tricked him into invoking Bobby. Loki pleads with Bobby to release him, but Bobby brings up that time in Thor #377-378. (BobbysWorld, do the honors, you cutie.)

Bobby tries fighting Daemond II, but the little runt casts another spell—"Sins of the father! Chains of the bloodline! Legacy of doom made manifest!"—imbuing an ice giant with the qualities of both Bobby and Loki's father. Bobby attacks the ice giant but fails to make a dent. Suddenly, he grows spikes. Loki questions why, and Bobby admits (adorably!), "When I don't know what to do I GROW SPIKES, OKAY? I think they make me look badass." "If it was the '90s, maybe," Loki retorts.

Loki proceeds to lend Bobby his "god power," giving him his crown and the Wizard's Staff to enhance his abilities and focus. "Now, prance, my queen," Lokie encourages Bobby. "Prance!" Suddenly, Bobby transforms into what looks like an ice version of Loki. He proceeds to attack the ice giant, who still presents himself as Bobby's father. Bobby begins venting all of the pain and anger he feels because of and towards his father. "I'm heroic! I'm tough, one of the strongest! I can even be brutal! But it was never enough for you, was it!" he declares, as he proceeds to destroy the ice giant.

After he's done, Loki frees himself and tries attacking Daemond II, who is curled up in a ball on the floor. Bobby stops him, pointing out, "God of Outcasts, can't you see he's suffering? This kid needs help, not punishment. Christian will know what to do." Loki notes," You are powerful indeed. Oh, by the way, you fell for the oldest of motivational tricks. I can't lend my god power, that staff is a prop, it's all within you, yada yada. Cheers!"

Bobby is left dumbfounded but after, he admits to himself, "All within me...it might be the euphoria, but I do feel like I can save the world all by myself. Like nothing can go wrong now."

Next: BLACK WINTER is coming!
    Last edited by Mercury; 06-15-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I absolutely loved this comic. It is sexy, smart, fun. I hope there will be a printed version. Bobby is finally a character again!
    p.s.
    I never read a comic with so much gay sex in it. I'm here for it!

Incredible Member

This was cute and all but I thought that Iceman and his father reconciled back in 2017 during his solo series. He is a veteran, a soldier, a business men, a teacher why is he still acting like a angsty teen. This series should have been about Anole, Hindsight or Greymalking.
    Last edited by Milici; 06-15-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    (BobbysWorld, do the honors, you cutie.)
    Don't you dare hit on mah man.

Incredible Member

Another SPECTACULAR issue. I'm going to be brief in my recap this week.

Christian Frost's Home. Bobby wakes up in Christian's bed to his former boyfriend playing the piano. They exchange morning pleasantries, and Christian reveals he is heading for his "weekly N.A. meeting." "Health comes first," he admits. Before he leaves, he alludes to knowing about Romeo and shares with Bobby that he knows what it's like to feel a sense of "relief" at having an unaccepting father die. Bobby admits that it was perhaps his father's negative influence on him that prevented him from "unlocking [his] full Omega potential for good." Christian kisses him on the forehead and tells him, "You're not limited, ever. You're enough."

The Icy Wastes. Suddenly, Bobby is transported to a strange land by Daemond II, who deems himself the "true heir to Arcturian Sorcery," has entrapped Loki, and attempted to summon the "Powerful Demon Lord of Boreas," a.k.a. Ikthalon. Amidst the confusion, Loki reveals that Daemond II, after inheriting "mystic artifacts beyond his control," used blood magic and tried sacrificing him. However, Loki tricked him into invoking Bobby. Loki pleads with Bobby to release him, but Bobby brings up that time in Thor #377-378. (BobbysWorld, do the honors, you cutie.)

Bobby tries fighting Daemond II, but the little runt casts another spell—"Sins of the father! Chains of the bloodline! Legacy of doom made manifest!"—imbuing an ice giant with the qualities of both Bobby and Loki's father. Bobby attacks the ice giant but fails to make a dent. Suddenly, he grows spikes. Loki questions why, and Bobby admits (adorably!), "When I don't know what to do I GROW SPIKES, OKAY? I think they make me look badass." "If it was the '90s, maybe," Loki retorts.

Loki proceeds to lend Bobby his "god power," giving him his crown and the Wizard's Staff to enhance his abilities and focus. "Now, prance, my queen," Lokie encourages Bobby. "Prance!" Suddenly, Bobby transforms into what looks like an ice version of Loki. He proceeds to attack the ice giant, who still presents himself as Bobby's father. Bobby begins venting all of the pain and anger he feels because of and towards his father. "I'm heroic! I'm tough, one of the strongest! I can even be brutal! But it was never enough for you, was it!" he declares, as he proceeds to destroy the ice giant.

After he's done, Loki frees himself and tries attacking Daemond II, who is curled up in a ball on the floor. Bobby stops him, pointing out, "God of Outcasts, can't you see he's suffering? This kid needs help, not punishment. Christian will know what to do." Loki notes," You are powerful indeed. Oh, by the way, you fell for the oldest of motivational tricks. I can't lend my god power, that staff is a prop, it's all within you, yada yada. Cheers!"

Bobby is left dumbfounded but after, he admits to himself, "All within me...it might be the euphoria, but I do feel like I can save the world all by myself. Like nothing can go wrong now."

Next: BLACK WINTER is coming!
    Does he really say prance my queen prance? Nonbinary queer here myself but there is such a thing as leaning to much into representation where it starts to feel like a stereotype. So hope he really didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    Does he really say prance my queen prance? Nonbinary queer here myself but there is such a thing as leaning to much into representation where it starts to feel like a stereotype. So hope he really didn't say that.

Is it in quotes?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Don't you dare hit on mah man.
    haha! He is something else, isn't he?

I mean, this is Loki we're talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I hope to read this at some point. Glad to see actual interaction between Christian and Bobby.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Daemons was a bit of a lane character. Not interesting. The Christian part was really nicely done.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

Why couldn't Marvel put Iceman stories into one of the main X-books?

It's so difficult to find these least known titles like Marvel Voices now and in the distant future.

Fantastic Member

Really glad to see Bobby and Christian actually talking to each other, and bonding over "father problems."

Christian is a much more interesting character than Romeo. I did feel like he was a bit oc, thought. A little bit too nice.

BANNED

And as if the art wasn't already enough of a deterrent...

... Loki questions why, and Bobby admits (adorably!), "When I don't know what to do I GROW SPIKES, OKAY? I think they make me look badass." "If it was the '90s, maybe," Loki retorts.

Loki proceeds to lend Bobby his "god power," giving him his crown and the Wizard's Staff to enhance his abilities and focus. "Now, prance, my queen," Lokie encourages Bobby. "Prance!"...

they just can't seem to help themselves, from adding more awkward, unsavory elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I mean, this is Loki we're talking about.
    And she's *projecting*... or someone(s) is(are).

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    This was cute and all but I thought that Iceman and his father reconciled back in 2017 during his solo series. He is a veteran, a soldier, a business men, a teacher why is he still acting like a angsty teen. This series should have been about Anole, Hindsight or Greymalking.
    It's somewhat easier to digest if ya just process it as a story about O5 baby Bobby, AKA Iceboy, instead. That it's more the tale creator(s) wanted to tell, is the impression I'm getting, anyway. So be it, then.

My hope is that if it's indeed meant to be bridge, as I suspect it might be, that it's as much if not more so...
    about CLOSURE, as it is building. There's no need to further string along, arguably already frayed threads...
    that are already beyond repair, and/or... were never worth it to begin with, IMO.

BANNED

As this pertains much more or even... mostly, to here, actually:

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Yeah, well, I'm thinking about maybe waiting 'til it's been passed. If it hasn't already, that is, and this is just pretense.

But I would caution all to avoid ending up preaching only to the choir, i.e., the already converted. I should think when operating in a niche, that you'd want to cast the widest net possible, not the narrowest, prefab *conditional* one. As that seems, y'know... almost counterintuitive, to getting the message out to... who needs to hear it most? It's really not about what you say, but how you say it. Try cajoling, versus the hyperbolic hammering of feigned outrage that automatically puts those you're trying to convince, on the defensive. It's hard enough if not impossible, to keep somebody's eyes, ears, & *minds* open, let alone their hearts... without resorting to repeated attempts at intimidation, via ridicule. I can all but guarantee you're likely to get better results, as opposed to the ones you don't want... which we're likely on the cusp of now, in RL, IMO. Because of the current, somewhat retrograde atmosphere, I know I feel less safe.

Also, I remain perpleXed, amazed, and mostly amused TBH, at all the reactions (not here, necessarily). Ultimately though, NGL, it is sort of... flattering, I guess, in a roundabout way. Slightly uncomfortable, too, I must say... everything... in moderation... is best.
    To clarify, I feel there's been a pattern of what I see as this... continued, concerted effort, at always overtly (almost force) effeminizing Bobby, and just him alone. Like he's been targeted for some reason, and it bothers me, 'cause I just don't get it. Though I haven't & don't pay as close attention to them, Rictor, Shatterstar, & hell, even Northstar, don't seem to get treated this way. I mean given how both gay and yes, BQT+ men too, have a history with this being used as a weapon to demean, even threaten, or... worse, usually from (supposed) straight people, I again... just don't get it. Not with Iceman anyway, it doesn't fit him like it does a Jumbo Carnation, say. Who I've liked & enjoyed quite a bit, in all honesty, and still do. Not that it matters, as I'm sure this'll be misconstrued, misrepresented, and then trolled too, by "professional" would-be instigators no less. Guess I'm far more impactful and IDK... PROvocative I suppose, for some reason, than I ever suspected. I find that fascinating, and maybe even... motivating, we'll see.
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 06-19-2022 at 09:31 AM.