Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Does it really matter if the super villains or heel turned heros are mutants, mutates, otherwise empowered or entirely unpowered humans when they did horrible things to other living and feeling beings?

That being said. I guess we could bring up what Bishop did in his hunt for Hope in the Cable series after Messiah Complex.

I'm not sure even earthbound mutant villains like Apocalypse were officialy given a death toll of this magnitude.
    I mean if humanity is collectively held responsible for Bolivar Trask...although that's unfair to Bolivar who didn't intend to kill anyone originally, and when Bastion forced him back to life his reaction to learning how many people the Sentinels had killed was to immediately try and kill himself.

Apocalypse...well Age of Apocalypse didn't technically happen in 616, and he did't succeed in killing 90%of life on earth that one time in modern era...I think the biggest death toll would be Bronze Age Collapse then? So yeah Bishop's is higher.

Has anyone brought up Vulcan's time as an emperor?

I am honestly surprised the Galactic Council didn't use Vulcan's regin as an excuse to burn earth to ash.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This.

I can't believe future writers looked at her in this outfit and thought, "Yep, this is the character I'm going to waifu."
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I can't believe future writers looked at her in this outfit and thought, "Yep, this is the character I'm going to waifu."
    Comics people have weird tastes in costume. You see that thing Emma is wearing in the last page?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Comics people have weird tastes in costume. You see that thing Emma is wearing in the last page?
    Okay, look, Emma is perfect in whatever she wears. Sure, this might not be... the best. But it's very.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Okay, look, Emma is perfect in whatever she wears. Sure, this might not be... the best. But it's very.
    You can't even tell it's Emma. My first thought was that it was Jean back to her Hellfire Club days or a genderflipped Hellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    You can't even tell it's Emma. My first thought was that it was Jean back to her Hellfire Club days or a genderflipped Hellion.
    Nah, I feel like genderflipped Hellion would still wear just the short-shorts. You know, as a power move.

How about the time Creed forced Remy to choose between which loved one to save from being dropped:

Henri (Remy's brother) or Genevieve (one of Remy's many conquests):

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-03-2022 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I am honestly surprised the Galactic Council didn't use Vulcan's regin as an excuse to burn earth to ash.
    Well he killed the council, or at least some of its members and the rest just didn't come back, it wasn't until after he was brought down did the council come back under the advise of Crystal from the Inhumans/Kree. Since an earth group helped stop him I guess it balanced out?

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

The morlock massacre was a mutant inside job. Dozens dead.

The legacy virus was a mutant inside job. Thousands dead.

Cassie Nova has an x-gene, so Genosha too. Millions dead.

Archangel gene-nuked an entire Midwestern town and created a mini savage land in the heartland whilst murdering thousands.

Mystique once slept with Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Doom always speaks the truth even if it hurts the feelings of others.
    Notice that he came crawling back to the mutants feet during the birth of Arakko only to get slapped down like the scheming little power theif that he is.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Notice that he came crawling back to the mutants feet during the birth of Arakko only to get slapped down like the scheming little power theif that he is.
    He was having a nice dinner with Ororo, talking politics as world leaders often do, when she started floating and blowing things up! I bet if you search through the entirety of all official panels, you will never once find Doctor Doom blowing something up during an evening meal, because he respects the efforts of his kitchen staff!

Knowing when to pause the drama is just as important as knowing when to drop the mic.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Working with guys like Sinister, Apoc, Shaw etc. No amount of mental gymnastics can paint this morally justified in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Doom is an opportunist. If he sees an opportunity he plays for it, not much different than mutants making Mars basically the capital of Sol without asking a single soul on Earth. This doesn't discredit his words about Chuck and Krakoa in general. And I didn't know showing restraint in a diplomatic meeting counts as getting slapped down.

Edit: I'm thinking of mutants as a collective. If we are talking of individuals or small groups then I suppose massacre of Morlocks.
    Last edited by Doom'nGloom; 06-04-2022 at 03:15 AM.

Astonishing Member

Doom getting everything he wanted out of the Last Annilhation< Storm hit him with some lightning, so now he’s a cowardly power thief? Okay….

Also power thief? What is that supposed to mean?

The Age of Apocalypse