Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    We want the guy who once tried to kill 90% of all life back to add balance? The guy who went behind everyone else’s back and almost started a war with a demon army? The Child Groomer?
    Aside from the child grooming thing, he was pretty cool. He wasn't a good person, but boy was he entertaining. And I trust him more than I do Sinister or Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    No seriously why does no one bring up the entire thing with Autumn Rolfson any more?
    Most people haven't probably haven't heard of that story, much less read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Aside from the child grooming thing, he was pretty cool. He wasn't a good person, but boy was he entertaining. And I trust him more than I do Sinister or Mystique.
    Basically the main reason people are fine with the Quiet Council and the villains being okayed .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does anyone in-universe even like Beast anymore?
    This CBR article refreshed my memory about that issue of A+X where Spidey and Beast found themselves in a nightmarish future where Beast took over the world.

https://www.cbr.com/nightmare-future...-x-men-marvel/

...the pair found themselves in a dark possible future that saw New York City reduced to an overgrown ruin. Most of the human population had been reduced to a zombie-like state, left to wander the remnants of society. The two heroes are saved and brought to the last apparent city on the planet, where everyone resembles Beast. Greeted by the queen of this realm, it turns out Hank McCoy is worshiped in this timeline as the founder of their culture -- the Origin Maker.

When the rest of the world fell to in-fighting, Beast eventually gave into rage and lashed out. He developed a zombie virus that quickly killed off everyone who remained and reanimated them to make their suffering eternal.
    Ain't that something.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Idk why, but that gives me flashbacks to when he mind-controlled those diplomats.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This CBR article refreshed my memory about that issue of A+X where Spidey and Beast found themselves in a nightmarish future where Beast took over the world.

https://www.cbr.com/nightmare-future...-x-men-marvel/

Ain't that something.
    Wow, and I thought what Hank did to the people of Terra Verde and its diplomats was bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Wow, and I thought what Hank did to the people of Terra Verde and its diplomats was bad.
    Beast has those megalomaniacal proclivities , who can forget his Tabula Rasa scheme in Dark Angel saga.. The guy needs to be turned into a stuffed animal stat!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Current Council: Shaw, Colossus, Destiny, Exodus, Hope, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Kitty Pryde, Mister Sinister, Mystique, Storm, White Queen.
    Those who are usually villains: Shaw, Destiny, Exodus, Mister Sinister, Mystique, Apocalypse (retired), Magneto (retired.)
    Those who are currently villainous: Colossus (possessed), Mister Sinister. Shaw turned on Kitty and Emma for a power play, but he seems to have gotten over that.
    Council members who crap on humans: Mystique, Magneto (retired), maybe Shaw and Exodus, idk they're ugly.

Honestly aside from snide remarks, they don't actively hate humans. A lot of it comes from their old racist grandpa, and they put him in a retirement home on Mars.
    Out of all the villains on the QC at least Exodus during a moment of penance used his telepathy (boosted by Forge under duress) to compel humans and mutants to peacefully coexist on Genosha and even for that was 'reprimanded'. Haven't seen others doing much to bridge the divide. I always give Exodus a benefit of doubt since then

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Beast has those megalomaniacal proclivities , who can forget his Tabula Rasa scheme in Dark Angel saga.. The guy needs to be turned into a stuffed animal stat!
    That was Dark Beast (AoA Hank). But I can see why you're considering them the same character. :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    That was Dark Beast (AoA Hank). But I can see why you're considering them the same character. :P
    Yeah GS true, but the one on Krakoa seems to be from the same litter with that guy so makes me wonder if it's a beast thing..Sometimes I think the time he came across a ghost box in that story where Forge was making new mutants..he got ideas and never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This.

Some people like to use all the color pencils in the box.

Yeah GS true, but the one on Krakoa seems to be from the same litter with that guy so makes me wonder if it's a beast thing..Sometimes I think the time he came across a ghost box in that story where Forge was making new mutants..he got ideas and never looked back.
    It was definitely not a Beast thing until the early 2000s. Some AoA characters are very different than their 616 counterparts (Keeper Murdock and Daredevil, for instance). Things started to change because of Here Comes Tomorrow. It's like writers got obsessed with making Hank show some signs of being evil when, even in that story, that wasn't a natural progression for him either.

I don't know, Morrison's run has this power to overwhelm some people into some really weird ideas despite of what is actually written. But I'll never get why so I just accept it is what it is, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 06-05-2022 at 01:42 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    It was definitely not a Beast thing until the early 2000s. Some AoA characters are very different than their 616 counterparts (Keeper Murdock and Daredevil, for instance). Things started to change because of Here Comes Tomorrow. It's like writers got obsessed with making Hank show some signs of being evil, when even in that story, what it wasn't a natural progression for him either.

I don't know, Morrison's run have this power to overwhelm some people into some really weird ideas despite of what is actually written. But I'll never get why so I just accept it is what it is, unfortunately.
    Maybe the beast on Krakoa is infected with sublime again? Surely we'll get old school beast back...but then again I won't get my hopes up, as you say the writers have their peculiar obsessions

Maybe the beast on Krakoa is infected with sublime again? Surely we'll get old school beast back...but then again I won't get my hopes up, as you say the writers have their peculiar obsessions
    Some writer will try to redeem him, but then the next will bring this silly idea back. Unfortunately, I think we'll never get our lovable Beast back.