Default Monkey Prince #5 Preview

Monkey Prince #5 Preview
    Writer: Gene Luen Yang
    Artist: Bernard Chang

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Monkey Prince #5 Preview
    Writer: Gene Luen Yang
    Artist: Bernard Chang

Looks interesting, and glad that Batman wont appear anymore. Cool to see that the parents had some reputation among the villains lmao.

Who haven't these two people worked for? And they're scared enough of Superman recognizing them.

I feel like that girl is going to be plot-relevant if only because she has a unique character design and looks like an anime character.

I just love the idea of Black Manta having a base in Amnesty Bay just to @#$% with Aquaman .

I haven't been following Aquaman closely since Parker left, but is this the first time we see Trench since Johns or did this Trench King thing appear somewhere else before?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I haven't been following Aquaman closely since Parker left, but is this the first time we see Trench since Johns or did this Trench King thing appear somewhere else before?
    I feel like the Trench were referenced in Abnett's run, but I could be wrong.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Trench were referenced in Abnett's run, but I could be wrong.
    Trench was referenced, but did not play an actual role in Abnett's run.

Looked around the wiki and it turns out that this Trench King debuted in Aquaman 62-63 fill-in issues by Jordan Clark. In general it looks like it is only significant Trench appearance since Johns run.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I have to say I am liking this book a little more than I expected to, a lot more actually. I hope that DC isn't done with him after this ends. Maybe toss him into a Young Justice title or a new Teen Titans book.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I have to say I am liking this book a little more than I expected to, a lot more actually. I hope that DC isn't done with him after this ends. Maybe toss him into a Young Justice title or a new Teen Titans book.
    While I am in a different boat in regards to my expectations for the series (big fan of Yang's), I think my enjoyment of the series is in a place very similar to yours.

I know it won't happen, but I kinda hope the schtick with Marcus' parents keeps going for a long while. I love the team-up opportunities afforded by their mad scientist/henchthuggery gig.
    Last edited by Hatut Zeraze; 06-11-2022 at 01:06 PM.

I’m finding monkey prince hard to get into.