View Poll Results: What do you view the relationship between Emma Frost and Scott Summers?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lover/Couples

37 57.81%
  • Friends

12 18.75%
  • Colleague

10 15.63%
  • Others

5 7.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think "sometimes people change and move in different directions" is a poignant truism that I don't think the X-Men should shy away from, given all that has happened...
    I agree and I don't think this applies to another former couple more than it does to Scott and Emma. That being said, I can also make a strong case for Scott and Jean to separate, so...
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

[IMG] upload images[/IMG]
    That alone doesn’t make Scemma a healthy relationship
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Warlioncomics; 06-08-2022 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I enjoyed that mustache-twirling they gave Emma as comedy and as an example of what can happen to a female when used for a writer's main guy insert. I prefer to have Emma as a shield for Jean in that respect.
    And then it the moments when they aren't absolutely dumping on Emma, she and Scott can be their most honest and life-like selves.

Jean and Scott lovey-dovey panels are all well and good Disney's Once Upon A Time content, but I wouldn't call them honest given Maddie, let alone Maddie and Emma. They don't ring true in full context of X-history, but only if we ignore certain major events.

It would be wrong of me to say that the harder or more messy or less sugary thing is always the truest or best thing, but I think "sometimes people change and move in different directions" is a poignant truism that I don't think the X-Men should shy away from, given all that has happened. I wouldn't just break up all comics couples for the sake of over-representing harshness and change, but these characters were primed to do away with false saccharinity for the first time decades ago, and two or three times over again since then. IMO.
    The way I see it is that there are standards that comics characters will go back to regardless of how much time passes without these things they’ll always be restored
    That’s Jean & Scott
    + they’re not really a teen lovers because that type of love isn’t true and wouldn’t last decades in which they raise kids together & face a lot of things that life brings at them