Ultimate Member

Default Starscourge Radahn vs Kratos

Radahn at full power (i.e pre-rot bomb) vs Kratos as at the last GoW game.

Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Radahn doesn't have anywhere near the concrete feats required to mess with Kratos.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Radahn doesn't have anywhere near the concrete feats required to mess with Kratos.
    He have flight though. What is Kratos's best ranged attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    He have flight though. What is Kratos's best ranged attack?
    In the latest game he's got the Frost Axe which he can chuck and recall. Blades of Chaos can also have pretty good range.

He's got nothing that comes close to Radahn's range with a bow but also Radahn's main long range gravity shots do frankly piss damage and Kratos is stupid durable.

The problem is that all of his biggest moves require him to be in range of Kratos which will result in him getting squished.

Thinking on it, I could buy like Horah Loux/Godfrey being able to rumble with Kratos physically. As part of his moveset, dude is shaking the entire arena and making massive craters and fissures in the earth. He obviously has super strength beyond just being a big dude.

Conversely, Radahn just doesn't have anything to show he can do much beyond scuffing Kratos' paintwork for my money.

In the latest game he's got the Frost Axe which he can chuck and recall. Blades of Chaos can also have pretty good range.

He's got nothing that comes close to Radahn's range with a bow but also Radahn's main long range gravity shots do frankly piss damage and Kratos is stupid durable.

The problem is that all of his biggest moves require him to be in range of Kratos which will result in him getting squished.
    IIRC even with vigor as my highest stat is normal arrows could still kill me in two shots. Also, the range on the axe and blades is pretty poor compared to Radahn. It barely exceeds his normal reach with his massive swords. His bow snipes things from, what, half a mile away?

IIRC even with vigor as my highest stat is normal arrows could still kill me in two shots. Also, the range on the axe and blades is pretty poor compared to Radahn. It barely exceeds his normal reach with his massive swords. His bow snipes things from, what, half a mile away?
    I mean, with my fragile baby caster on my current playthrough with Vigor as one of my middle to lower stats, i could tank multiple hits from the arrows. And that's game mechanics so not really admissible as evidence of massive damage.

Also Kratos is wildly more durable than any souls character and he's more than quick enough to just dodge his way toward Radahn, like the Tarnished does in game.

And we're in the arena so it's not like he has to get more than 100 feet.

He flatly doesn't have the feats to remotely contend with Kratos and the arena means he kind of has to engage.

I mean, with my fragile baby caster on my current playthrough with Vigor as one of my middle to lower stats, i could tank multiple hits from the arrows. And that's game mechanics so not really admissible as evidence of massive damage.

Also Kratos is wildly more durable than any souls character and he's more than quick enough to just dodge his way toward Radahn, like the Tarnished does in game.

And we're in the arena so it's not like he has to get more than 100 feet.

He flatly doesn't have the feats to remotely contend with Kratos and the arena means he kind of has to engage.
    Does he, though? Flying out of Kratos's reach seems plenty doable. I don't recall anything from the latest game that could reach him at a decent altitude, though he may had powers in the older ones that could.

There's also the whole Radahn held (shooting) stars captive in the sky thing. The one that struck the Lands Between when you killed him destroyed more than a city block. Calling down something like that would certainly be felt by Kratos.

Does he, though? Flying out of Kratos's reach seems plenty doable. I don't recall anything from the latest game that could reach him at a decent altitude, though he may had powers in the older ones that could.
    Uses his gravity magic to effect his own weight and flies up into the sky once to slam down. Given that all spells in Elden Ring require energy to maintain, I don't think there's any evidence he could maintain flight out of Kratos' reach indefinitely.

There's also the whole Radahn held (shooting) stars captive in the sky thing. The one that struck the Lands Between when you killed him destroyed more than a city block. Calling down something like that would certainly be felt by Kratos.
    Radahn's so called "holding back the stars," is reference both to one meteor and him obstructing the larger concept of destiny as it pertains to Ranni. Second, he's in the arena and we have no idea if the cosmology of Khazan allows for a meteorite to be called down or what Radahn's effective range is.

In combat he never showed he could willingly call a meteor of that scale. If they were fighting in the Lands Between then you could maybe argue he could release said meteor but there's no evidence that he could control where it fell because it was destined to fall on Limgrave and open the way to Nokron as per Ranni's destiny which was the whole reason he held it back.

And on top of all of that, even if it did hit, it likely wouldn't do that much damage to Kratos, the dude is ridiculously durable. It would hurt him but I think he'd still be trucking.

Fair points. I concede. Damn you, From Software, and your vague as hell lore.