Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This book is so ridiculously good thus far.

Astonishing Member

Man the Destiny of X line up has been strong so far haha X-Men Red, X-Men, Immortal, Legion of X, New Mutants, Marauders. Each book has some really pivotal paradigm shifts in the works and I'm loving it! Really feels like the X-Men are back on top and all of this on the eve of massive Marvel event starring the X-Men.

I'm gonna look back on this Krakoa era fondly before editorial inevitably screws it up.

Same. It was definitely worth waiting for IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    nice!! those pages look like the flashbacks from CC's X-Treme X-Men #1!

just wondering if this is the issue where Claremont finally made Irene's and Destiny's great love story official and not just implied?!?! Love everything what I see and read here. It is such a great retcon to show why Destiny and Mystique are two of the most important mutant leaders in history and how Destiny's powers corrupted them.

At the same time, I think it is weird that they couldn't appreciate at all what Moira, Charles, and Eric have done shaping mutantkinds' destiny (pun intended).

Mighty Member

This is really quality writing! The art is great too.

I wish all the other X-book as the same type of quality in terms of both story and art, alas..., most are not.

Astonishing Member

Ok so let me get this straight Emma does not trust Xavier who was too trusting of Moira, who was hiding her true intentions from mutantdom(which Emma eagerly revealed to Mystique), but Emma is commending Irene for spicing up her prognostications with lies?
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-06-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Ok so let me get this straight Emma does not trust Xavier who was too trusting of Moira, who was hiding her true intentions from mutantdom(which Emma eagerly revealed to Mystique), but Emma is commending Irene for spicing up her prognostications with lies?
    Xavier Mags and Moira lied to everyone during a whole life!

lots of things could be prevented but after Moira advice he hide the truth form his x men for years.

The first Krakoa adventure and deadly genesis thing to start with
    Genosha
    The Mutant Masacre
    Nimrod
    Psylocke body switch
    The Legacy Virus
    Hellions slaugther
    The origins of Wanda and Pietro

So Emma not believing him is very in character. Also when this info is leaked to everyone on Krakoa...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Xavier Mags and Moira lied to everyone during a whole life!

lots of things could be prevented but after Moira advice he hide the truth form his x men for years.

The first Krakoa adventure and deadly genesis thing to start with
    Genosha
    The Mutant Masacre
    Nimrod
    Psylocke body switch
    The Legacy Virus
    Hellions slaugther
    The origins of Wanda and Pietro

So Emma not believing him is very in character. Also when this info is leaked to everyone on Krakoa...
    Even if it is in character ,Xavier met Moira in life 10 in year 52 so the lies in all those stories(some that I have not read) may well be on him..but based purely on an unknown future, Xavier's 'lie' was that mutants always lose and I put that in quotes because it was a lie of ommission he simply did not reveal that.In any case whatever Moira told him he believed to be true ,so Moira was the ultimate liar, but the bigger point is if Emma is so livid about 1.Moira lying to them all why is she not suspicious with or angry at Irene? If she can lie about one prognostication ,she can lie about any of them.. 2.If she is mad at Xavier for keeping secrets from her personally why does she label him untrustworthy when she herself encourages duplicity?
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-06-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Throwing in lies and misdirection makes the Diaries less dangerous should they fall into enemy hands. With Irene on their side, she can let them know which prophecies are lies. So it's a case of small lies that Destiny can readily resolve, versus Xavier's years of manipulation and withholding crucial information.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Throwing in lies and misdirection makes the Diaries less dangerous should they fall into enemy hands. With Irene on their side, she can let them know which prophecies are lies. So it's a case of small lies that Destiny can readily resolve, versus Xavier's years of manipulation and withholding crucial information.
    I know what you mean but as I said if a person can lie intentionally about one thing ,they can lie about anything and everything especially if it is to gain personal advantage when you hang on their very word which prognostications tend to engender with an expectation of trust.I mean I get it completely from Irene's pov but from Emma's pov it's ridiculous cherry picking at indignation.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-06-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Charles was absent (in Shi'ar Space with Lilandra recovering from his assault UXM 196-200) when a lot of bad things were happening to his X-Men. He only got back to Earth around UXM 277 after being rescued by his X-Men from the Skrulls.

Besides that...

Anyone (in comics) will tell you that knowing something bad is going to happen and doing everything to prevent it is a very tricky dice as the preventative measure could have even worse consequences down the line. Sometimes things have to play out as they were meant to be.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Anywho...I will see if these interesting prev pages hold for the rest of the issue. Gillen is still on very thin glaze.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I know what you mean but as I said if a person can lie intentionally about one thing ,they can lie about anything and everything especially if it is to gain personal advantage when you hang on their very word which prognostications tend to engender with an expectation of trust.I mean I get it completely from Irene's pov but from Emma's pov it's ridiculous cherry picking at indignation.
    Literally everybody lies. It's to what degree that matters. Destiny's diary fibs were harmless, were done to limit the dangers her book provided, and didn't really involve the Quiet Council at all. They're just a thing that existed independently from any of this, though they might have had knowledge pertaining to it. She hasn't really done anything to prove she's anywhere near Xavier's level.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Exactatiously.

And Destiny while in love with and married to a known mutant terrorist has, for the most part, come across as the more morally sound of the two especially when it comes to safeguarding Mutants and the future of Mutant-kind

(Yes, even including the retconned immolation of Moira. If she and Mystique had not acted back then, before Moira even knew she was a mutant and had gone ahead and marketed her "mutant cure" most likely, for the reasons Irene gave her, there wouldn't even be any mutants/X-Men today).

Fantastic Member

I totally agree what Destiny is less trustworthy than Xavier, Magneto and Moira. I don't understand why people blame Xavier for everything bad that had happened in the past. Yes, he had access to Moira's memories, but it just her experience from nine different lives. We don't known if any of the bad events in current life — like Mutant's Massacre, Legacy Virus, etc. — even happened in her previous ones; they might very well be unique to this life. Even if they had happened in some other lives as well, there was no guarantee what they would happen again. So, unless it would be directly said what Xavier knew everything and intentionally did nothing to stop these events, I don't see why he should be blamed for anything. I don't even see why hiding Moira's existence and knowledge from Quiet Council and others is considered such a big secret and problem.

Destiny, on the other hand, can see countless possible futures, and as seen from these few preview pages, was manipulating the events for years. She should have seen things like Mutant's Massacre, but hadn't done anything to stop it or warn people and the diaries she wrote are filled with lies, so they are useless.