Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Green Goblin (MCU) vs Doctor Octopus (MCU)

Green Goblin (MCU) vs Doctor Octopus (MCU)

1. Arena match.

2. Downtown NYC (MCU).

Not to keep beating a dead horse but Everytime I see
    MCU Green Goblin or MCU Doctor Octopus I get confused and think did I miss a movie or tiein comic or something that had MCU versions of them? lol
    Last edited by choptop; 06-05-2022 at 04:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, even if they did appear in an MCU movie I do not consider them MCU characters.

Green goblin wins both thanks to his range game.

I don't know how it's confusing though? there are no main mcu GG or doc oc, and i doubt we will ever see them in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Not to keep beating a dead horse but Everytime I see
    MCU Green Goblin or MCU Doctor Octopus I get confused and think did I miss a movie or tiein comic or something that had MCU versions of them? lol
    Sorry. I meant the movie versions with Toby MacGuire. Spider-Man #1 and 2.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Otto has way better odds in the city where he can take shelter and throw things to offset the flight advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Otto has way better odds in the city where he can take shelter and throw things to offset the flight advantage.
    Can't GG just stay out of DO reach? Then he can just rain hellfire down on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Green Goblin (MCU) vs Doctor Octopus (MCU)

1. Arena match.

2. Downtown NYC (MCU).
    GG has the range game.

As to the rest, I don't see the furor over the MCU moniker anymore than when people sidetracked into the Netflix stuff not being MCU because it's computer streaming.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Can't GG just stay out of DO reach? Then he can just rain hellfire down on him.
    Sure, but in the city Otto can fling cars at Norman, for example. Or could retreat indoors, or underground, or otherwise try to take the fight somewhere Norman couldn't fly.

In the arena, none of that is on the table and he definitely dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    GG has the range game.

As to the rest, I don't see the furor over the MCU moniker anymore than when people sidetracked into the Netflix stuff not being MCU because it's computer streaming.
    I never understood calling them Netflix ether

QUOTE=Oswin;6074178]
    I don't know how it's confusing though? there are no main mcu GG or doc oc, and i doubt we will ever see them in our lifetime.[/QUOTE]

It's not really confusing persay it's just the point they are not MCU versions just because they were in a MCU movie and who knows we may get MCU versions one day

It's not really confusing persay it's just the point they are not MCU versions just because they were in a MCU movie and who knows we may get MCU versions one day
    Kevin is a big fan of fan service, if we get to see wolverine i bet you it will be Hugh Jackman. we are not getting new versions (atleast not in the main mcu)

GG does not exist in the main mcu time line, Oscorp does not exist, the only thing that exists is his house (where someone else lives)

Dr. Octavius does not exist in the mcu.

Since we are on the subject, Latveria does not exist, nor Dr. Doom, or the baxter foundation etc.

now..they DO exist somewhere within the mcu multiverse, and the tobey and garfield spider-man universe (and the x-men universe) have all been retconned by marvel to be part of the overal MCU Multiverse. (just like Morbius, and Venom)

that's why i dont mind someone saying GG (MCU) because it's the same character (even with the same producers) as the original sony sam raimi movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    Kevin is a big fan of fan service, if we get to see wolverine i bet you it will be Hugh Jackman. we are not getting new versions (atleast not in the main mcu)

GG does not exist in the main mcu time line, Oscorp does not exist, the only thing that exists is his house (where someone else lives)

Dr. Octavius does not exist in the mcu.

Since we are on the subject, Latveria does not exist, nor Dr. Doom, or the baxter foundation etc.

now..they DO exist somewhere within the mcu multiverse, and the tobey and garfield spider-man universe (and the x-men universe) have all been retconned by marvel to be part of the overal MCU Multiverse. (just like Morbius, and Venom)

that's why i dont mind someone saying GG (MCU) because it's the same character (even with the same producers) as the original sony sam raimi movies.
    Ya but I'd the DCEU was part of the MCU multiverse and batman was transported to the main MCU he wouldn't be called MCU batman just because there's no version of batman would you?

Spectacular Member

Ya but I'd the DCEU was part of the MCU multiverse and batman was transported to the main MCU he wouldn't be called MCU batman just because there's no version of batman would you?
    My interpretation of using (MCU) for GG/Otto/really any of the "non" MCU characters that appear in No Way Home is to include their feats from that film.

There's Raimi/Webb timeline/universe A where those characters die/hide/whatever happened to Sandman/Connors after the movies.

and then timeline/universe B where all those characters are transported to the MCU, experience the events of that movie and then return at various points on the timeline.

If WB would allow Batman to be in an MCU movie, then yea, (MCU) Batman sounds fine specially if thats the latest version of him , kinda what bobi elludes to.

Now if he would return to the dceu afterwards than yea Batman (DCEU) it is, would be weird to call him the mcu version then.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    If WB would allow Batman to be in an MCU movie, then yea, (MCU) Batman sounds fine specially if thats the latest version of him , kinda what bobi elludes to.

Now if he would return to the dceu afterwards than yea Batman (DCEU) it is, would be weird to call him the mcu version then.
    So all 3 movie spidermans are MCU spiderman now....? That's going to get really confusing.
    Last edited by choptop; 06-09-2022 at 11:07 AM.