Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisbeast View Post
    My interpretation of using (MCU) for GG/Otto/really any of the "non" MCU characters that appear in No Way Home is to include their feats from that film.

There's Raimi/Webb timeline/universe A where those characters die/hide/whatever happened to Sandman/Connors after the movies.

and then timeline/universe B where all those characters are transported to the MCU, experience the events of that movie and then return at various points on the timeline.
    Its the same universe the ending was just changed I guess? They also still get the feats from the the MCU movie regardless if you tag them with MCU or not.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They are all MCU now. MCU isn't just MCU-616 (and, frankly, screw you Marvel, for using 616 for the cinematic and print "main" universes), it's all of the cinematic multiverse. At least, that's how it appears to me at this time. They might well squish that down at some point. Who knows?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    They are all MCU now. MCU isn't just MCU-616 (and, frankly, screw you Marvel, for using 616 for the cinematic and print "main" universes), it's all of the cinematic multiverse. At least, that's how it appears to me at this time. They might well squish that down at some point. Who knows?
    Did they really do that? What a dumb move. You could have given it a different number and have the movies be part of the same multiverse as the comics.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Did they really do that? What a dumb move. You could have given it a different number and have the movies be part of the same multiverse as the comics.
    Apparently the actress for Ms. Marvel, who is a bit of a Marvel-Geek, gets in arguments with Kevin Feige about it all the time.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacular Member

I understand wanting a number that's easy to use than 199999, but it kinda goes against the point of numbering them if you actually use the same number for multiple settings.

Why didn't they just call it 616A or 626 or something?

I enjoyed what I got from the movie, but damn if there weren't a ton of plotholes.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

...granted this is a one-off, but for a long portion of the movie Norman wasn't trying to kill Spider-Man, but get him on his side so i'd see why he wouldn't bust this out so vindictively.

Though Otto's durability is...weird during the events of Spider-Man 2, taking punches from Spider-Man bags of coins to the chest, and pratfalls onto a moving train.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Apparently the actress for Ms. Marvel, who is a bit of a Marvel-Geek, gets in arguments with Kevin Feige about it all the time.
    Ha, that's pretty awesome, good for her.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I like her a lot for this.

Ms. Marvel, episode 1, was pretty good television. She's quite believable as Ms. Marvel there.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan