Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Sentinel wasn't reprogrammed it was malfunctioning. And she gave them the option of changing it too look like an Iron Giant rather then a KKK Sentinel. Didn't want that. That Sentinel then killed that kid in Avengers Arena despite its so called "programming". Proving that it was just a kid playing around with an AR15
    You're ignoring the fact that Sentinel was hijacked by a TECHNOPATH that could control technology with her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    You're ignoring the fact that Sentinel was hijacked by a TECHNOPATH that could control technology with her mind.
    Thats moot. Christos Gages story was open ended did it gain true sentience vs is it malfunctioning. It was completely ignored in Avengers Arena and there was zero fight put out by the Sentinel when its systems were taken over

BANNED

Thats moot. Christos Gages story was open ended did it gain true sentience vs is it malfunctioning. It was completely ignored in Avengers Arena and there was zero fight put out by the Sentinel when its systems were taken over
    Because TECHNOPATH. The same chick was able to take over Deathlocket's cybernetics during Arena as well, and DL was conscious of it the entire time and couldn't do anything.

So no, it's not a moot point.

Also going back to your first post, it wasn't Sentinel that killed Juston in the first place, it was Apex who snapped his neck.

Because TECHNOPATH. The same chick was able to take over Deathlocket's cybernetics during Arena as well, and DL was conscious of it the entire time and couldn't do anything.

So no, it's not a moot point.

Also going back to your first post, it wasn't Sentinel that killed Juston in the first place, it was Apex who snapped his neck.
    Doesn't matter, its moot because it wasn't brought up in AA. That Sentinel showed no signs of an evolved sentinence. In any case even in AA the Sentinel was given a new objective to try to override its previous programming. However, it never removed its other objectives to destroy all mutants. It just pushed it down the list with protect Justin to the top of the list.

Regardless it was never brought up again. At least Deathlocket showed awarness the Sentinel did not especially when it tossed his corpse like a ragdoll. And in AA keep in mind the Sentinel struck first
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-27-2022 at 07:17 AM.

I think Gage was leaning more to the former by the ending.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love Laura. 😂

I'm trying to understand how X-23 beats Emma. Emma's Psionics move at the speed of thought, which is about 4 billionths of a second. We know Emma's psionics work on X-233, who is superhumanly fast and fights like a demon, but how does any melee DPS get a hit in on someone who merely has to think 'STOP' and she is frozen in place? Or 'DIE' and her mind shuts down. (This isn't an X-23vEmma thing, as I don't think Emma gets nearly the comeuppance she deserves for the things she's done. It is a psionics/magic vs melee DPS thing.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman1206 View Post
    I'm trying to understand how X-23 beats Emma. Emma's Psionics move at the speed of thought, which is about 4 billionths of a second. We know Emma's psionics work on X-233, who is superhumanly fast and fights like a demon, but how does any melee DPS get a hit in on someone who merely has to think 'STOP' and she is frozen in place? Or 'DIE' and her mind shuts down. (This isn't an X-23vEmma thing, as I don't think Emma gets nearly the comeuppance she deserves for the things she's done. It is a psionics/magic vs melee DPS thing.)
    IIRC, in NXM it was implied Laura has fairly strong mental defenses, as Emma mentioned to Scott it took some time to breach them and learn about her true nature.

IIRC, in NXM it was implied Laura has fairly strong mental defenses, as Emma mentioned to Scott it took some time to breach them and learn about her true nature.
    You're right about Laura having mental defenses. But I know Emma broke through those before, and was specifically able to stop her cold wit just a thought during the M-Day battle royal, so I assumed she was strong enough to break through those a long time ago. Or at least that it's easier to give a one word command than to dig deep into someone's memory and psyche.

But that is all conjecture and I might be wrong. Perhaps Laura got stronger defenses since then, or Emma's breakthrough lapsed.

BANNED

You're right about Laura having mental defenses. But I know Emma broke through those before, and was specifically able to stop her cold wit just a thought during the M-Day battle royal, so I assumed she was strong enough to break through those a long time ago. Or at least that it's easier to give a one word command than to dig deep into someone's memory and psyche.

But that is all conjecture and I might be wrong. Perhaps Laura got stronger defenses since then, or Emma's breakthrough lapsed.
    Laura was also distracted by the other kids she had to fight, whereas in this she's able to focus her attention on Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Hahaha one of the most hilarious responses I have read in a long time. It's reasonable yet so few would ever do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Lmao! That totally subverted my expectations as I was scrolling down
    Danke Schoen!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Why Emma REALLY Hates Laura
    Attachment 122253
    This was still one of THE biggest wasted opportunities of the Schism era. There was so much that could have been done with this.

Marjorie Lius Emma actually blamed herself for letting Laura down and blamed Cyclops for using her as a weapon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-28-2022 at 01:54 AM.

This was still one of THE biggest wasted opportunities of the Schism era. There was so much that could have been done with this.
    Ehhh kinda creeped me out
    GrindrStone(D)

It was just a dumb story

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Ehhh kinda creeped me out
    I'm with you on this one. The younger versions of her teachers (whom she'd never shown interest in before) seemed forced and pervy to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: I'm glad they kept the Gambit relationship platonic. I thought that was done well.
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...