Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Emma also tried to get Laura's ass beat during the trial to pick the New X-Men team. Then she cucked Hellion out of the leadership position when he refused to let Laura get her ass beat.
    IIRC, they also had a bit of a tiff over in Avengers Academy, when Emma was in P5 mode (I think Galerion's last scan is part of that story).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    IIRC, they also had a bit of a tiff over in Avengers Academy, when Emma was in P5 mode (I think Galerion's last scan is part of that story).
    Yep. Emma came to dismantle Sentinel simply for being a Sentinel, even though it had been reprogrammed to protect Juston, (and it's not like mutants hadn't made use of reprogrammed sentinels themselves) and Laura stood in to stop her. As I recall she wasn't able to prevent Emma from wrecking the body, but managed to save the CPU so it could be repaired.

There's a LOT of opportunity for cattiness between Emma and Laura, and I'm in for it.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 06-26-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Emma was a bitch to Laura since the very beginning so it's good that they never got over their animosity after the **** that Emma pulled. Not everyone should or even can be friends with everyone.

Jesus. ::Tucks it in the file.::
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Yep. Emma came to dismantle Sentinel simply for being a Sentinel, even though it had been reprogrammed to protect Juston, (and it's not like mutants hadn't made use of reprogrammed sentinels themselves) and Laura stood in to stop her. As I recall she wasn't able to prevent Emma from wrecking the body, but managed to save the CPU so it could be repaired.

There's a LOT of opportunity for cattiness between Emma and Laura, and I'm in for it.
    idk I definitely was on Emma side when she turned that sentinel into scrap metal.

but yeah yeah there's a lot of room for cattiness between them too, however, I doubt we'll get it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Jesus. ::Tucks it in the file.::
    Oh yes...and as mentioned earlier, she tried to get Hellion to "take her out".

Emma "For the Children" Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Oh yes...and as mentioned earlier, she tried to get Hellion to "take her out".

Emma "For the Children" Frost
    I mean as you posted, Emma saw laura as a threat to the students and didnt see her as anything but a weapon meant to kill. She didnt see laura as a child unfortunately, but she also realized how wrong in her thinking that was.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I mean as you posted, Emma saw laura as a threat to the students and didnt see her as anything but a weapon meant to kill. She didnt see laura as a child unfortunately, but she also realized how wrong in her thinking that was.
    Yay, gold star for Emma...meanwhile that's a hell of a trauma to inflict on someone on top of the many traumas they're already dealing with...so it stands to reason Laura would be less than civil around her

If it helps, Emma also protected Laura from Kimura. But I don't know if Laura ever found out about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Yay, gold star for Emma...meanwhile that's a hell of a trauma to inflict on someone on top of the many traumas they're already dealing with...so it stands to reason Laura would be less than civil around her
    Considering there's no way Emma could have plucked the memory of Sarah's death out of Laura's memory without seeing how much she loathed herself for having been responsible for it, using that to torment Laura was particularly cold and out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Why? It just a dirty mirror to stereotypical girls being bitchy to the 'bitchy' girl for no reason
    Well
    Indeed

Didn't Emma used to psychologically torture Laura with dreams of her dead mother?
    If
    Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Emma also tried to get Laura's ass beat during the trial to pick the New X-Men team. Then she cucked Hellion out of the leadership position when he refused to let Laura get her ass beat.
    You're
    Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Emma was a bitch to Laura since the very beginning so it's good that they never got over their animosity after the **** that Emma pulled. Not everyone should or even can be friends with everyone.

Gonna
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Use

Logic....

I'm going home...
    Last edited by BroHomo; 06-26-2022 at 09:33 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Well

If

You're

Gonna

Use

Logic....

I'm going home...
    Hahaha one of the most hilarious responses I have read in a long time. It's reasonable yet so few would ever do it
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    To be fair. Many super heros who get hit by the Hulk or similar super strength characters tend to survive these hits much more intact than what the damage they cause to non-living objects would suggest, even if they don't have super toughness as official part of their powers.
    Basicly to a degree everyone in super hero comics has super natural toughness and can shrug off injuries much better than people in real life would without uncommon and uncanny luck.

Sure Spiderman or Wolverine, who have official super natural toughness, will recover much better from such hits than characters who don't have these powers officialy. But if say Cyclops gets thrown against a wall by Abomination, while there isn't a RP or readily accessible super healer to access, chances are great he will only get some broken rips at worst, instead of a shattered spine or dying.

So you can chalk up Spiderman's, Wolverine's and others non-explodiness from super strength hits to some unmentioned extremely durable tendons and cartilage that will keep their skeleton intact from common super strong hits. Unless it's characters like Deadpool where it will happen frequently for comedic effect

It's all part of the willing suspension of disbelief, not just in super hero comics, but most action oriented media.

However that of course doesn't change the fact that the adamantium skeleton has more weak spots than writers often imply, simply because how anyone with basic biology knowledge will understand (not necessarily think of it straight away) that the skeleton is held together by organic material which isn't enhanced by the metal and therefor still subjectible to harm by brute force or precise attacks.
    They almost never show non-invulnerable heroes tanking Hulk's punches, but they have shown Wolverine going toe to toe with Hulk several times...

The Sentinel wasn't reprogrammed it was malfunctioning. And she gave them the option of changing it too look like an Iron Giant rather then a KKK Sentinel. Didn't want that. That Sentinel then killed that kid in Avengers Arena despite its so called "programming". Proving that it was just a kid playing around with an AR15

Well

If

You're

Gonna

Use

Logic....

I'm going home...
    Lmao! That totally subverted my expectations as I was scrolling down