Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Shadow War had a lot happen and was enjoyable. As well as complex dynamics.
    What happened? A lot?

I did not find it enjoyable at all.

What was so complex about it?

I guess I do not see anything you are saying about Shadow War.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's was obvious to everyone, if it wasn't to you then I don't know what to say.
    Your projecting. Yes I've been reading since 1991 and am familiar with geoforce. Doesn't mean I knew he'd turn himself into a killer but I did suspect it based on clues. But was still suprised he made himself into a murder.

But average readers likely did not. Which is why the event sold well. The primary indicator will be when June sales figures come out and Omega ranks high up or not.

And again everyone side steps the fact that Watchmen gave away more or less who the big bad guy was in issue #1.

Poll the general readership. They won't know who geoforce even is. So not likely the average reader would even have a clue.

This forum has 20k members and that's divided between dc, Marvel and independent... again just cause forum members who are constantly discussing this stuff were not suprised doesn't mean the average dc reader wouldn't be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    What happened? A lot?

I did not find it enjoyable at all.

What was so complex about it?

I guess I do not see anything you are saying about Shadow War.
    I guess what I was alluding to was how Williamson had Robin, Deathstroke Inc and Batman all build to Shadow War and then Shadow War along with all those books I mentioned lead into Dark Crisis so well.

How often do you see continuity taken advantage of so well.

We get major character development with Damian.

I haven't read all of Robin or Deathstroke Inc yet but what I have read was all paying off well.

I think key shock factor like killing Ra's was big suprise as I hadn't let myself see any previews or spoilers for SW.

I think bring GF into this is a cool way to bring the character back.

I thought GF reveal was fun but well alluded too for those with knowledge of an obscure character like GF.

I loved Deathstroke's story from Inc all the way to his big reveal from the Lazarus pit at end of SW

I like the family event nature of this crossover, Damian, Bruce, Talia and Ras and how this will ultimately strain ties.

Respawns death and how this will lead to a greater war.

3 families will now be in a major revenge type war.

I'd need to reread the event to point out more stuff I liked but thats for another day.

Ultimately I love how these separate books All came together to tell a great story and lead into Dark Crisis so nicely.
    Last edited by Menacer; 06-13-2022 at 07:21 AM.

I guess what I was alluding to was how Williamson had Robin, Deathstroke Inc and Batman all build to Shadow War and then Shadow War along with all those books I mentioned lead into Dark Crisis so well.

How often do you see continuity taken advantage of so well.

We get major character development with Damian.

I haven't read all of Robin or Deathstroke Inc yet but what I have read was all paying off well.

I think key shock factor like killing Ra's was big suprise as I hadn't let myself see any previews or spoilers for SW.

I think bring GF into this is a cool way to bring the character back.

I thought GF reveal was fun but well alluded too for those with knowledge of an obscure character like GF.

I loved Deathstroke's story from Inc all the way to his big reveal from the Lazarus pit at end of SW

I like the family event nature of this crossover, Damian, Bruce, Talia and Ras and how this will ultimately strain ties.

Respawns death and how this will lead to a greater war.

3 families will now be in a major revenge type wad.

I'd need to reread the event to point out more stuff I liked but thats for another day.

Ultimately I love how these separate books All came together to tell a great story and lead into Dark Crisis so nicely.
    Agree on all points.

I enjoyed Shadow War A great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah that was kinda cringy. The al Ghuls and Deathstroke have killed thousands of people including Brion's friends family and countrymen, not to mention the fact that Deathstroke is a statutory rapist and child murderer. Damien came off looking rather stupid for his non-stop devotion to Ra's and need to seek revenge. If I found out that my grandfather was a genocidal cult leader and someone wanted to take him out, I'd be a lot more understanding even as a 13 year old.

I'm not even a Geo Force fan, in fact I think he's one of DC's most boring characters, but Batman and Damien looked like huge hypocrites when they take Talia and Ra's side.
    Batman IS a huge hypocrite.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I liked shadow war at first, but I find it hard to defend a event with such a badly written ending. The way Respawn was handled was badly written (I know Williamson says he's not actually dead in a Reddit Q&A but that doesn't change why characters got so attached to him when they didn't really know him that well.)

Poll the general readership. They won't know who geoforce even is. So not likely the average reader would even have a clue.
    Isn'the that dude in Captain Planet?

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    In the big two which character have been replaced.

As far as I can see you can still read Bruce, Clark, Diana ...e.t.c

I know some people don't like two characters using the same title for a various reasons which is fine but too many fans seem to believe that if they don't like a book it should not exist or act like they are being forced to read certain books.
    Replaced characters? Hmm... Captain Marvel (multiple times, Carol is the 7th) and Ms. Marvel (Kamala is the 4th). Captain Britain and Psylocke (Brian became Captain Avalon, Betsy took over his old title, and Kwannon, the woman whose body Betsy used to inhabit, took her Psylocke name and costume). Kid Flash (New 52 replaced Bart with an imposter, Bar-Torr, who was then replaced by Wallace West, meaning that when Bart returned, he had to revert back to his original identity Impulse. Wallace is the 4th KF).

They've been doing it almost forever. Don't forget that Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, and Johnny Storm were permanent replacements, and that was more than 60 years ago.

90% of humans worship gods and religions we have no proof for.
    Yeah, science disproved the Old Testament about 200 years ago, when they started finding dinosaur fossils. Which means that Judaism, Christianity and Islam's basis is fiction. People maintain those faiths nowadays because they want to embrace the moral codes the holy books teach. Not because they actually believe God created the world in seven days.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Deleted post
    Last edited by Menacer; 06-13-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Replaced characters? Hmm... Captain Marvel (multiple times, Carol is the 7th) and Ms. Marvel (Kamala is the 4th). Captain Britain and Psylocke (Brian became Captain Avalon, Betsy took over his old title, and Kwannon, the woman whose body Betsy used to inhabit, took her Psylocke name and costume). Kid Flash (New 52 replaced Bart with an imposter, Bar-Torr, who was then replaced by Wallace West, meaning that when Bart returned, he had to revert back to his original identity Impulse. Wallace is the 4th KF).

They've been doing it almost forever. Don't forget that Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, and Johnny Storm were permanent replacements, and that was more than 60 years ago.

Yeah, science disproved the Old Testament about 200 years ago, when they started finding dinosaur fossils. Which means that Judaism, Christianity and Islam's basis is fiction. People maintain those faiths nowadays because they want to embrace the moral codes the holy books teach. Not because they actually believe God created the world in seven days.
    6...On the 7th he rested

D'oh, of course. That's why Sunday is the sabbath (at least in Christianity), the day you're supposed to go to church.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    You are right. All thing's aren't fair and things aren't equal. Wally is a beloved character whose had ions to build up a loyal following.

A large following that had been campaigning for his return for years.
    This is the most insane argument I have read in a while.

a) Jon has a new #1
    b) Jon was PROMOTED EVERYWHERE. Mainstream news outlets even talked about this book.
    c) The title of the book is SUPERMAN. That should sell better than a Flash book.

If Wally had been given a #1 and the same promotion Jon got he would have smoked him.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This is the most insane argument I have read in a while.

a) Jon has a new #1
    b) Jon was PROMOTED EVERYWHERE. Mainstream news outlets even talked about this book.
    c) The title of the book is SUPERMAN. That should sell better than a Flash book.

If Wally had been given a #1 and the same promotion Jon got he would have smoked him.
    Maybe if they decided Wally was LGBTQ?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe if they decided Wally was LGBTQ?
    Or they could just promote the comic minimally, a few variant covers by an artist who screams "look here." Marvel does this with their Alex Ross covers.

Well the new covers for Dark Crisis #4 are interesting.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime