Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Williamson made it a point to discard Kobra as a real threat, thought. So if they’re really not such a big deal, why would Hal be expecting the entire League to be there handling them?
    These kind of team-ups happen all the time in-universe without the League being there (heck, I think less than two months ago Wally and Jon had another team-up).
    It’s just weird to have Hal make that face at Wally and ask where the League is if they’re not actually dealing with a big threat that would actually warrant their involvement.

The scene just didn’t work. It’s like Williamson is making each character react a certain way even if that breaks character or basic in-universe logic.
    Well, Kobra was dismantled by Leviathan so this is probably either the start of a new faction of Kobra or the sad leftover remnants of what was there before. Combine that with Hal likely being off-planet for all of the Leviathan event, he could conceivably still remember them as a real threat that might require the whole League.

I mean, it's a walk for sure, but it's not impossible.

Does DC have an equivalent of a No-Prize?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really surprised by some of the negative reactions, I honestly thought this was one of the best openers to a DC event we've had in a while! At the very least we can agree this was better than the slogs the metal events were.

Most importantly, I could feel Williamson's love of the DCU when reading through the issue. I'm geniunely excited to see where things continue.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why did Black Adam object to the age of an adult woman with a PhD and two kids being on this team? Is this supposed to be a commentary on how well the Japanese age?
    I'm just guessing but probably every member of the team is between 15 and 30 years old. Having a late 30s/early 40s hero doesn't fit the team age composition.

Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri_ View Post
    I'm just guessing but probably every member of the team is between 15 and 30 years old. Having a late 30s/early 40s hero doesn't fit the team age composition.
    I assume Kimiyo is probably close in age to Booster and Ted. I guess this version of Frost is probably young.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hitokiri_ View Post
    He’s been explaining his team choices on Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why did Black Adam object to the age of an adult woman with a PhD and two kids being on this team? Is this supposed to be a commentary on how well the Japanese age?

Also Jon really must be desperate to think Harley is a good idea on this team.

Killer Frost needs a new costume/look.
    That team is just lambs to the slaughter, nothing more or less.

And they killed my boy Gar! Screw this i'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    I honestly feel like we are seeing the collapse of DC Comics...

Also...wasn't Gar combined with Vic? I hated that, but undoing it only to "kill" Gar...really?
    DC has been collapsing long before this, this is just another nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really surprised by some of the negative reactions, I honestly thought this was one of the best openers to a DC event we've had in a while! At the very least we can agree this was better than the slogs the metal events were.

Most importantly, I could feel Williamson's love of the DCU when reading through the issue. I'm geniunely excited to see where things continue.
    Props for your loyalty...i sadly do not share this anymore, DC is just a shadow of its former self in my eyes ever since N52.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I liked the general premise of this and if we hadnt had a billion Crisis events before this...it'd be good. But this makeshift League doesnt make sense, we've had so many people part of the League and none of them want to be part of it? Donna Troy is nowhere to be found, Nubia? Artemis? This would've been a good time to have one of them step up

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I liked the general premise of this and if we hadnt had a billion Crisis events before this...it'd be good. But this makeshift League doesnt make sense, we've had so many people part of the League and none of them want to be part of it? Donna Troy is nowhere to be found, Nubia? Artemis? This would've been a good time to have one of them step up
    I don't read anything these days but World's Finest, but what about J'onn? Or is he dead/working with another team/suffering from amnesia again?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Props for your loyalty...i sadly do not share this anymore, DC is just a shadow of its former self in my eyes ever since N52.
    It's not loyalty at all, just found this to be a strong first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I do think it's a good point that it would've made more sense for Jon to go to more established legacies than running to Jace and Yara immediately.

I thought the issue was alright. I loved the idea of connecting Robin’s candle light oath to the concept of superhero hope and a light in the darkness.

But the rest is kind of a paint by numbers Crisis and I really don’t feel the weight of the threat. I’m still not over Pariah’s magical hand wave taking the League out which pretty made the lead up and the Dark Army concept pointless.

I was really happy to see Jaime and I loved his enthusiasm to getting the offer to join the League. Though this Justice League is supposed to be a joke destined to fail so I guess it’s not a great association.

Seriously, what the hell was Jon thinking? He asks Harley (even she doesn’t understand the offer) and Peacemaker (who is apparently in the middle of killing someone). I know Jon is young and naive but this just makes him seem stupid.

Was Firestorm referring to what happened in Doomsday Clock?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Was Firestorm referring to what happened in Doomsday Clock?
    That's the only thing I can think of. But how can he even transform without Professor Stein?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

Personally loving all this.

With Death Metal ending we got Infinite Frontier, JLI, both which I loved and books like Robin, Flash, Deathstroke Inc and Batman all leading into Dark Crisis.

Some have said, to much build up... and others complain Williamson rushes his stuff...

I've loved this event and the rereadablity is exceptional! I already reread bunch of volumes of the build up in prep for Dark Crisis and all the other books on the reading list.

Some have complained after the interviews and various spoilers that the issue did nothing to suprise them...

Those fans are some of the worst. They go and spoil everything and then act like the story wasn't good... you ruined it for yourself.

I appreciated that this issue and many others haven't just been battles but we've got many issues of excellent story building, nods to continuity, and loads of questions have been asked about where this event is going. We know it won't be the standard shake down.

I haven't even read this whole event and I'm already thinking about what an excellent reread it will be.