Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Ok, so far I am extremely excited, and for all those being down on the Titans and their role the whole "The League can't protect them" stuff is coming from Deathstroke, who's very jaded and obviously is biased negatively towards them. Also, so far the only casualties seem to be Chupacabra who has already gone off on his own without his fellow Bat Pack or other heroes and Beast Boy who is probably one of the Titans that would go off half-cocked. As Nightwing is a main character I'm sure there will still be a group of Titans for him to watch over and want to protect. As for the tower, it's been rebuilt before.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do think it's a good point that it would've made more sense for Jon to go to more established legacies than running to Jace and Yara immediately.
    I'm not sure why they didnt have Jon be recruited and let him know how important it is that he step it up. Let the Older gen sidekicks take charge, they've been in the game long enough that they should know the importance of what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really surprised by some of the negative reactions, I honestly thought this was one of the best openers to a DC event we've had in a while! At the very least we can agree this was better than the slogs the metal events were.

Most importantly, I could feel Williamson's love of the DCU when reading through the issue. I'm geniunely excited to see where things continue.
    Lot of people went in determined to hate this. Personally I think this is a step up from Death Metal even if I’m tired of “the Multiverse is under attack!” storylines. I’m just here to see the interactions amongst the younger generations.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm not sure why they didnt have Jon be recruited and let him know how important it is that he step it up. Let the Older gen sidekicks take charge, they've been in the game long enough that they should know the importance of what needs to be done.
    Maybe that's why they had to have Deathstroke take out the Titans (and not because they're useless without the Justice League).

I get what the story is trying to do, but it's pretty far-fetched to me that so much chaos would erupt the second people think the JLA are dead. I mean, street crime in NYC is up? When has the JLA ever given two shits about NYC street crime? I feel like the point could have been made without being so ridiculous about it.

And how did they get those gigantic statues made so fast? Aside from being kind of obnoxious, it would have been fun to see Kyle Rayner or ...the Metal Men ... or some superhuman take part in their immediate construction.

I think it was ultimately an okay set-up, but it still read kinda fast. I did feel bad about Jon being rejected so many times, but I'm on Hal's side - Black Adam, who has spent 99% of his history being a villain, is now judging who's worthy to be in a new JLA? Screw you, The Rock. (and so what if there are two Blue Beetles?) Of course Harley acknowledging that she's going to stab them in the back doesn't affect her membership...(isn't she cute??)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get what the story is trying to do, but it's pretty far-fetched to me that so much chaos would erupt the second people think the JLA are dead. I mean, street crime in NYC is up? When has the JLA ever given two shits about NYC street crime? I feel like the point could have been made without being so ridiculous about it.

And how did they get those gigantic statues made so fast? Aside from being kind of obnoxious, it would have been fun to see Kyle Rayner or ...the Metal Men ... or some superhuman take part in their immediate construction.

I think it was ultimately an okay set-up, but it still read kinda fast. I did feel bad about Jon being rejected so many times, but I'm on Hal's side - Black Adam, who has spent 99% of his history being a villain, is now judging who's worthy to be in a new JLA? Screw you, The Rock. (and so what if there are two Blue Beetles?) Of course Harley acknowledging that she's going to stab them in the back doesn't affect her membership...(isn't she cute??)
    hmm I think they still kinda slow building those statues as Dinah, Ollie and Zatanna aren't yet builded, or they just plainly forgot them?

Agree would like to see fellow heroes and perhaps civilian too on how they cherish the leaguers.

For Titan stuff, I guess they gonna get their share spotlights especially as the league stand in against the odds.

As a old, long-time fan who has grown rather bored of DC's constant facelifts, I bought this out of curiosity, mostly to check in and see how the next generation is handling things in the Justice League's absence. I wasn't impressed by the new generation of DC heroes, at all.

I like Jon, but the new Wondergirl and Batdude are complete jerks. It was not a great look to have them laughing at Superman and rudely blowing him off when he asked them to step-up. It was such an odd choice by editorial - it certainly didn't sell them as the next! big! thing! in superheroics.

Incredible Member

My unsolicited opinion:

-DC has a huge problem understanding its legacy characters. Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Kyle Rayner, Kon El are the legacy characters that should be taking center stage. Instead, well... this.

-Pages and pages of pretty-looking art and not much else. Nothing really happened.

-The Titans are again being thrown under the bus for shock value... meh.

-A JL that I don't care about and actually worse than both Robinson's and the Cry for Justice line-up

I'm not sure if these characters should even be called "legacy characters". I don't like Kyle much, but he has pretty much done everything there is to do and in GL lore he is second only to Hal in importance. JL is gone? Ok, Kyle can replace pretty much anyone that we "lost".

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

So far, this is the most slow-moving DC CRISIS saga to date. CRISIS events typically come crashing out of the gate; this one is lurching out.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure if these characters should even be called "legacy characters". I don't like Kyle much, but he has pretty much done everything there is to do and in GL lore he is second only to Hal in importance. JL is gone? Ok, Kyle can replace pretty much anyone that we "lost".
    Exactly my point.

And we have seen a much better JL line-up/transition in JLA: THE OBSIDIAN AGE.

People who like the event "evenyone who doesn't like it are just haters who wanted to hate it"

People who hate the event "you did read it and have the experience to be able to tell the difference between Well Written and Bad Cliche's with Characters acting Out of Character (Nightwing was ON the Justice League as Batman FFS...Dr. Light was his GD Teammate...Williamson appears oblivious to this 1-2 year long Justice League storyline from the 00s...like most people here i bet...THIS is why this is a Bad Story that is trying to use Legacy as it actively ignores things like Dick becoming Batman as still being Canon (it is since Final Crisis is)..."

People who like the Event ".....Shut Up, I have tied up my self-worth with my opinion of this poorly told story!"...

Sorry, but the sheer number of Out of Character, Cliches, or Nonsense storybeats...this was as bad as the Lead up that Williamson Wrote (which MIGHT be why we were EXPECTING this to be bad...we already had PLENTY of Williamson written Lead Up to inform us...that Dark Army is a LITERAL Joke even in the Story itself! Only Doomsday did a damn thing in the battle against the JL...he MIGHT have Killed Green Arrow (when Ollie should be PASTE with no lungs or heart or brain left after taking a punch from Doomsday...but he was still alive i guess?) and other than that, they were push overs with the League about to beat Parriah...until he decided to "Kill" them...

Williamson is lazy...just ALL of that is NOT in Character for ANY of the Characters...the only one that is even close to right is Wally...and that just makes me sad. The fact DC handed him the reigns to so much off of Birthright was proof of just how FAR DC continues to fall.

It sucks because Darkest Night feels like the LAST time DC was even close to who they were for Decades....

edit: Doomsday LITERALLY Pasted that Matrix Supergirl faker back in the original Doomsday storyline! She/It was one of the victims of his rampage. So...yeah, Dark Army has been laughable...and all I can think of is Darkseid RUNNING SCARED from a GIANT BOOT coming down on him whenever I think about them...well done Williamson...you did more damage to Darkseid than Morrison...
    Last edited by gambit2051; 06-08-2022 at 01:43 AM.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I liked the general premise of this and if we hadnt had a billion Crisis events before this...it'd be good. But this makeshift League doesnt make sense, we've had so many people part of the League and none of them want to be part of it? Donna Troy is nowhere to be found, Nubia? Artemis? This would've been a good time to have one of them step up
    Roy and Garth's absence in this is strange too, particularly in light of what's happening to the Titans.

Edit: Though I guess Roy will be in issue 2 where he's shown to be captured by Deathstroke's army.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-08-2022 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

I'm just waiting for the scene where Black Adam brings up Parallax to stick it to Hal for doubting him.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Personally loving all this.

With Death Metal ending we got Infinite Frontier, JLI, both which I loved and books like Robin, Flash, Deathstroke Inc and Batman all leading into Dark Crisis.

Some have said, to much build up... and others complain Williamson rushes his stuff...

I've loved this event and the rereadablity is exceptional! I already reread bunch of volumes of the build up in prep for Dark Crisis and all the other books on the reading list.

Some have complained after the interviews and various spoilers that the issue did nothing to suprise them...

Those fans are some of the worst. They go and spoil everything and then act like the story wasn't good... you ruined it for yourself.

I appreciated that this issue and many others haven't just been battles but we've got many issues of excellent story building, nods to continuity, and loads of questions have been asked about where this event is going. We know it won't be the standard shake down.

I haven't even read this whole event and I'm already thinking about what an excellent reread it will be.
    I didn't read a single spoiler or interview going into this other that JL#75 and Shadow War and I still wasn't surprised and I didn't see anything here that made me want to read more. I feel like one might enjoy this story if they had never read a crisis story before but for those that have this just felt like another retread...and a very slow moving one at that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!