Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I get what the story is trying to do, but it's pretty far-fetched to me that so much chaos would erupt the second people think the JLA are dead. I mean, street crime in NYC is up? When has the JLA ever given two shits about NYC street crime? I feel like the point could have been made without being so ridiculous about it.

And how did they get those gigantic statues made so fast? Aside from being kind of obnoxious, it would have been fun to see Kyle Rayner or ...the Metal Men ... or some superhuman take part in their immediate construction.

I think it was ultimately an okay set-up, but it still read kinda fast. I did feel bad about Jon being rejected so many times, but I'm on Hal's side - Black Adam, who has spent 99% of his history being a villain, is now judging who's worthy to be in a new JLA? Screw you, The Rock. (and so what if there are two Blue Beetles?) Of course Harley acknowledging that she's going to stab them in the back doesn't affect her membership...(isn't she cute??)
    You may have missed the buildup to the event, but crime isn't up just because of the JL being gone. The great darkness influence is getting stronger on the multiverse and that's why things seem a lot more dire.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    You may have missed the buildup to the event, but crime isn't up just because of the JL being gone. The great darkness influence is getting stronger on the multiverse and that's why things seem a lot more dire.
    Which isn't anymore compelling.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And how did they get those gigantic statues made so fast? Aside from being kind of obnoxious, it would have been fun to see Kyle Rayner or ...the Metal Men ... or some superhuman take part in their immediate construction.
    I was wondering the same thing. I think the statues were already there to honor the existing heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I think the statues were already there to honor the existing heroes.
    That was my thought, the Hall of Justice is a museam/tourist trap in current stories so giant statues of the founding members seems like it would fit.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

No, Jon mentioned when he was meeting Dick that Tim and the others were building it

Maybe the statues were already made but it was just not erected yet

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    No, Jon mentioned when he was meeting Dick that Tim and the others were building it

Maybe the statues were already made but it was just not erected yet
    Must have missed that...which isn't surprising as the issue is pretty forgetable.

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    It was mentioned in Road to Dark Crisis that the members of Young Justice where working on erecting statues to the fallen JL members. I just wonder why they didn't make statues of all of the fallen. That's more of a question than how or when. Why don't Zatanna, Green Arrow and Black Canary not have statues?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    It was mentioned in Road to Dark Crisis that the members of Young Justice where working on erecting statues to the fallen JL members. I just wonder why they didn't make statues of all of the fallen. That's more of a question than how or when. Why don't Zatanna, Green Arrow and Black Canary not have statues?
    If the statue of the founders are already done for the purpose of the museum in general but they haven't erected it yet, and now that they're dead they use the occasion to do so, then that can be a reason why the next gen members don't get a statue, because there wasn't one planned initially, and if they've only started making it following their deaths, it's not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure if these characters should even be called "legacy characters". I don't like Kyle much, but he has pretty much done everything there is to do and in GL lore he is second only to Hal in importance. JL is gone? Ok, Kyle can replace pretty much anyone that we "lost".
    There had to have been other GL's he could've reached out too. I'm not sure how some lady he has no idea about seemed like the most logical new member.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

So they started building the statues before even being sure the JL are actually dead? Wally is still investigating this in this story for pete's sake. I find this story contrived and frustrating so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There had to have been other GL's he could've reached out too. I'm not sure how some lady he has no idea about seemed like the most logical new member.
    Jo is easily the best Green Lantern though so I'm cool with her getting some screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    If the statue of the founders are already done for the purpose of the museum in general but they haven't erected it yet, and now that they're dead they use the occasion to do so, then that can be a reason why the next gen members don't get a statue, because there wasn't one planned initially, and if they've only started making it following their deaths, it's not done yet.
    Hawkgirl and John Stewart are not founders, yet they got statues. Green Arrow, while not a founder as well, has been a JL member longer than basically any other non-founding member, ye he didn't get a statue. That's really odd no matter what we can speculate about when the statues were built.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Jo is easily the best Green Lantern though so I'm cool with her getting some screen time.
    I'm not talking about quality just overall presence and the fact that Jon probably doesn't know her at all.

Then again he doesn't know Jace at all and he went to him instead of immediately to Dick or any of the other Bat-successors other than Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Hate how the Titans are treated yet again. Without the JL there to babysit them they're nothing? Ugh.
    Plus Beast Boy could totally have gotten out of that by turning into an insect. Hopefully that was just a fake out, because it would make zero sense to have him shot like that, even if he survives.

I don't get why Hal treated Wally like that. Why would he ask about the League after encountering him teaming-up with Jon? That made it seem like he doesn't consider Wally as being on the League's level.

Jace was the worst this issue. He comes off as both generic Bat and unlikable as hell.
    The Titans are going to Save the Day, Batman predicted it in the The Death of the Justice League. His last words were pretty much NOTIFY THE TITANS. He pretty much knew what was going to happen and knew who it would take to save them. The Titans and specifically NIghtwing are going to be the saviors.

The funny thing is Williamson said he wanted to tell a Crisis event that for once wasn't told through the Trinity's perspective, yet the first thing he has the new Superman do is reach out to two people he's never met before for no other reason than they are the new Batman and Wonder Woman.