Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hawkgirl and John Stewart are not founders, yet they got statues. Green Arrow, while not a founder as well, has been a JL member longer than basically any other non-founding member, ye he didn't get a statue. That's really odd no matter what we can speculate about when the statues were built.
    They might not know he is dead because he isn't in the League right now is he? He Jumped in at the last moment and only Black Adam knows he was there and since Black Adam probably looks at Ollie as an ant, he probably doesn't care.

The funny thing is Williamson said he wanted to tell a Crisis event that for once wasn't told through the Trinity's perspective, yet the first thing he has the new Superman do is reach out to two people he's never met before for no other reason than they are the new Batman and Wonder Woman.
    Because Jon was trying to build hope, like Superman does. You see the Trinity, your mind is at ease and they will fix everything, then it blows up in their face. He only figured out he did it wrong when Black Adam told him to go get Nightwing to lead.

Yara's not even Wonder Woman. She told him point-blank that she just became Wonder Girl and, like, nobody even knows who she is. It's like Jon just needed a stand-in or the closest equivalent and didn't think Donna had the time.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They might not know he is dead because he isn't in the League right now is he? He Jumped in at the last moment and only Black Adam knows he was there and since Black Adam probably looks at Ollie as an ant, he probably doesn't care.
    Eh, I wouldn't waste time trying to rationalize it. You just have to accept it's a poorly written story and move on, it's easier that way.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There had to have been other GL's he could've reached out too. I'm not sure how some lady he has no idea about seemed like the most logical new member.
    Maybe he read something about her in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't waste time trying to rationalize it. You just have to accept it's a poorly written story and move on, it's easier that way.
    But it better than crying about lazy writing, right? GA was NOT in the JL when this went down and the only people who knew he was there are all dead or Black Adam or the Dark guys. Maybe it means that Ollie will stay dead...And Kevin Smith will stay away from the character...

They might not know he is dead because he isn't in the League right now is he?
    Ollie, Dinah and Black Adam all joined the League at the same time, alongside Hippolyta and Naomi, which was the beginning of the Bendis run. Unless I'm missing something, Ollie hasn't left the JL since.

Yara's not even Wonder Woman. She told him point-blank that she just became Wonder Girl and, like, nobody even knows who she is. It's like Jon just needed a stand-in or the closest equivalent and didn't think Donna had the time.
    I didn't know who Batman was, I thought it was Damian, and when I saw Damian, I thought Jean Paul. Jace never entered my mind, but I don't follow the multitude of Batman books that closely.

I assume he is a dumb kid and just thought of people in his own generation.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Ollie, Dinah and Black Adam all joined the League at the same time, alongside Hippolyta and Naomi, which was the beginning of the Bendis run. Unless I'm missing something, Ollie hasn't left the JL since.
    I thought he left when he took over CheckMate? Maybe I am wrong...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

But it better than crying about lazy writing, right? GA was NOT in the JL when this went down and the only people who knew he was there are all dead or Black Adam or the Dark guys. Maybe it means that Ollie will stay dead...And Kevin Smith will stay away from the character...
    I'm not crying about anything, I'm just saying why put more time into a story than the writer actually did?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I assume he is a dumb kid and just thought of people in his own generation.
    He's definitely being a dumb kid here...I guess Jace is "his generation" by virtue of using the Batman name, not that he has the recognition or right to it that Jon does.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    He has past memories of the previous continuity, which is Future State where he got older and team up with Yara and also Jace... *gets shot*

Actually...

I was just talking out of my ass then, but as far as rationalizing go, that actually fits the current lore kind of... and Williamson is the one who's been using past memories thing...

Nah... if he does use it here, he should include some flashback like in Deathstroke's book

But it does fit if you wanna make it that way.

Like I said in other threads before, they've canonized every method to make things canon, and you just pick and choose the answer you like

Incredible Member

Lots of weird nitpicks:

Green Lantern corps is currently decimated depowered, yet Simon and Jessica are front and center with rings, and Guy Gardner is in the background. However, there is still the continuity nod of Kyle Rayner being nowhere to be seen after the depowered rings. Very odd.

Nightwing referencing dead parents during a eulogy seems like a pretty big admission from someone who's identity is presumably still secret.

Jon going to Jace Batman to form a new World's Finest is very odd considering there presumably has not been any interaction with him. I haven't read any of his series, but has Jace had interactions with the Bat-Family either? It seems like Jon would pick Jace only if Damian vouches for him. I would have expected Jon to automatically default to Damian to fill the Batman role (as he eventually does), or make another push for Nightwing without needing Black Adam to plant the idea.
    _____

Overall, this event feels uninspired and derivative. A mob of a Society of Supervillains attacking the heroes base has been done repeatedly during so many prior events in better ways (Final Crisis, Forever Evil, etc.). Deathstroke trying to defeat the Titans has been done to death. The deaths of the main heroes that prompt legacy replacements has been done repeatedly outside of events (Such as during Justice League Obsidian Age).

Even the 'cliffhanger' at the end of the first issue has been done much better in other events. Pariah stating he will destroy the Multiverse is meaningless and doesn't make me any more excited to see what comes next. Compare that to the start of Sinestro Corps war, where the cliffhanger is a big holy $%@ moment for what the heroes will have to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Lots of weird nitpicks:

Green Lantern corps is currently decimated depowered, yet Simon and Jessica are front and center with rings, and Guy Gardner is in the background. However, there is still the continuity nod of Kyle Rayner being nowhere to be seen after the depowered rings. Very odd.

Nightwing referencing dead parents during a eulogy seems like a pretty big admission from someone who's identity is presumably still secret.

Jon going to Jace Batman to form a new World's Finest is very odd considering there presumably has not been any interaction with him. I haven't read any of his series, but has Jace had interactions with the Bat-Family either? It seems like Jon would pick Jace only if Damian vouches for him. I would have expected Jon to automatically default to Damian to fill the Batman role (as he eventually does), or make another push for Nightwing without needing Black Adam to plant the idea.
    _____

Overall, this event feels uninspired and derivative. A mob of a Society of Supervillains attacking the heroes base has been done repeatedly during so many prior events in better ways (Final Crisis, Forever Evil, etc.). Deathstroke trying to defeat the Titans has been done to death. The deaths of the main heroes that prompt legacy replacements has been done repeatedly outside of events (Such as during Justice League Obsidian Age).

Even the 'cliffhanger' at the end of the first issue has been done much better in other events. Pariah stating he will destroy the Multiverse is meaningless and doesn't make me any more excited to see what comes next. Compare that to the start of Sinestro Corps war, where the cliffhanger is a big holy $%@ moment for what the heroes will have to overcome.
    Jace hasn't really interacted with anyone in the Batfamily. He was in a group shot in Fear State but that's about it.