Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

If this back up Deadpool story is the "new book" that Wong was rumored to be writing, that's a little disappointing. I see some are speculating that she might take over NM, but I want to keep Ayala on the title, I love their work with these characters. Does Deadpool even have a solo right now? If not I think it's more likely Wong might go on to write one after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If this back up Deadpool story is the "new book" that Wong was rumored to be writing, that's a little disappointing. I see some are speculating that she might take over NM, but I want to keep Ayala on the title, I love their work with these characters. Does Deadpool even have a solo right now? If not I think it's more likely Wong might go on to write one after this.
    Wade hasn't had a solo since last year.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    Ayala New Mutants has consistently been the best written book of the past 12+ months so Idk where this mixed reception nonsense is coming from the only issue with the book has been Marvel undermining it.
    Mostly grasping at straws and wishful thinking.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have most of these stories written by the people who actualy did create the popular stories and character moments they are alluding to, rather than a current writer who's output has been of mixed reception?

Otherwise it seems the reader would do well to prepare for being underwhelmed.
    If they actually ACTED like they wanted to do this-you would have seen a larger issue with those folks. Just like Black Panther #200.

As for Vita-if we look at Amazon those runs have been well received and trade sells are among the top 500 for Marvel trades and top 2000 for Super Hero overall. With them beating Zub's run.

If it was not for Duggan's X-Men run-this would be the top X-Men team trade seller on Amazon of the current books.

Mighty Member

It would make more sense to have the 'missing' original New Mutants (Sam, Bobby, Amara, Doug) back for a few issues for the 40th anniversary but alas I won't be surprised if the writer forgot about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to have most of these stories written by the people who actualy did create the popular stories and character moments they are alluding to, rather than a current writer who's output has been of mixed reception?

Otherwise it seems the reader would do well to prepare for being underwhelmed.
    I think this is going to be another overhyped event given the writer remains the same. The first cover already showed us who will be in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So the big news is that Alyssa Wong is taking over New Mutants, isn't she ?
    I hope Alaya gets another title, I mostly like their writing and themes.
    I do hope a new writer comes along after the anniversary. The last xx issues since Hickman left have been underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hate how Sunspot looks on that first cover.
    I don't think that is Sunspot, that looks like a 'new' mutant that was introduced recently.

Extraordinary Member

My assumption is Sam and Roberto will be part of the issue, as will Doug. The only one I think won't show up is Amara, because no one cares about Magma.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If they actually ACTED like they wanted to do this-you would have seen a larger issue with those folks. Just like Black Panther #200.

As for Vita-if we look at Amazon those runs have been well received and trade sells are among the top 500 for Marvel trades and top 2000 for Super Hero overall. With them beating Zub's run.

If it was not for Duggan's X-Men run-this would be the top X-Men team trade seller on Amazon of the current books.
    That sounds great for those who like the current title and it's writer work on it. Seems they found their own way to vote with their wallet then.

Thanks for those additional informations.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It would make more sense to have the 'missing' original New Mutants (Sam, Bobby, Amara, Doug) back for a few issues for the 40th anniversary but alas I won't be surprised if the writer forgot about them.
    They should bring back the real fan favorites Skids, Rusty, Gosamyr and Birdbrain.

The movie was great.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    They should bring back the real fan favorites Skids, Rusty, Gosamyr and Birdbrain.
    Yeah. They can be aboard the schoolbus when it explodes too.....
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-09-2022 at 02:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Looks like there's going to be more old creators involved than was first revealed. The infamous Rob Liefeld has a variant cover of his own. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=168757111

So the door is open for others like Sienkiewicz to have something to do with the issue.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looks like there's going to be more old creators involved than was first revealed. The infamous Rob Liefeld has a variant cover of his own. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=168757111

So the door is open for others like Sienkiewicz to have something to do with the issue.

Look at that 90s Backstreet Boys haircut on Doug.

Mighty Member

Judging from the preview, this Giant-size is going to be just a collection of disjointed short stories instead of one big reunion story for the original New Mutants.

Underwhelming to say the least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Judging from the preview, this Giant-size is going to be just a collection of disjointed short stories instead of one big reunion story for the original New Mutants.

Underwhelming to say the least.
    Umm...Why on earth should it be any sort of reunion story?!? Under Vita,except for Amara,the original New Mutants are pretty much present and accounted for.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 06-13-2022 at 07:09 PM.

Maybe one of the stories will feature the later New Mutants.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume