Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No, but Jean read her mind, so she should've realised Kamala was Ms. Marvel before Wolverine told them.

I wonder if they'll realise that even as a civilian Kamala is famous - as the face of that now-repealed anti-teen-vigilante law?
    "Kamala's Law"? Yeah, it's kind of a shame Outlawed didn't have more of an impact.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, realistically Kamala should now be a local celebrity, at least in New York and New Jersey, even as her civilian self. Instead her solo book was cancelled during Outlawed and they never explored the consequences of her face being plastered all over the media. The only time it came up was when Roxxon wanted to recruit her in Lore's Champions arc.

More than likely, since the Outlawed storyline was badly impacted by COVID, they probably just want to bury it.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-06-2022 at 04:24 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, realistically Kamala should now be a local celebrity, at least in New York and New Jersey, even as her civilian self. Instead her solo book was cancelled during Outlawed and they never explored the consequences of her face being plastered all over the media. The only time it came up was when Roxxon wanted to recruit her in Lore's Champions arc.

More than likely, since the Outlawed storyline was badly impacted by COVID, they probably just want to bury it.
    Sadly, yeah. Also, Roxxon was the power behind "Kamala's Law," so them trying to recruit Kamala herself made perfect sense from their perspective, especially in light of Lore's Champions continuing the overall Outlawed storyline.

They didn't just try, she did end up reluctantly joining Miles and Sam in the organisation. Of course, they were planning to take them down from inside! Roxxon's leaders didn't know they were trying to court a superhero, lol.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Article about an older Kamala we met in Battleworld.
    Secret Wars Introduced a World Where Ms. Marvel Became an Inhuman Black Widow
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-inhuma...w-secret-wars/

They didn't just try, she did end up reluctantly joining Miles and Sam in the organisation. Of course, they were planning to take them down from inside! Roxxon's leaders didn't know they were trying to court a superhero, lol.
    Fun times.

Article about an older Kamala we met in Battleworld.
    Secret Wars Introduced a World Where Ms. Marvel Became an Inhuman Black Widow
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-inhuma...w-secret-wars/
    I remember that one. Her costume there was my favorite of the ones she's had so far across multiple continuities and I'm hoping she adopts it as a stealth suit when she grows up some.

Extraordinary Member

Ms marvel got back in the top ten for original shows with episode 5 and made it to number 7.
    Streaming – Persons 2+ Total Minutes Viewed – Week of July 4-10, 2022
    https://www.nielsen.com/top-ten/

Extraordinary Member

Bullet Train Box Office, Warner Bros Discovery Streaming Release Strategy

Grace talk about here ms marvel around -
    11:03
    Getting back to the top ten original shows.

Ms. Marvel may seem irrelevant to something talking about WBD - until you realise that the directors of the cancelled Batgirl movie also worked on Kamala's Disney+ show.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember that one. Her costume there was my favorite of the ones she's had so far across multiple continuities and I'm hoping she adopts it as a stealth suit when she grows up some.
    Hmm... this version of Kamala has to be at least 20, because she was 16 when she got her powers and it's mentioned that her family was killed four years ago. The costume is fine, but the super long hair is actually contradictory to her first appearance, when she shapeshifted to Carol and found it gets in her face. I know her hair isn't short, but it's not usually that long and with good reason.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-08-2022 at 10:38 AM.

I don't dislike the character but I hope they don't force feed this chick into the x-men like that should they retcon her from inhuman to mutant she has carved out a nice niche doing her thing......teaming up with them from time to time is cool but I don't really wish for more then that...I get the sense the ppl in charge of the Ms Marvel show had there way she would be Wolverine's new sidekick and forget all Jubilee, Kitty, X-23 and the rest....I think that is the wrong move it would drive more negativity towards her imo esp from some of the ppl who aren't crazy about the mcu retcon to being with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    I don't dislike the character but I hope they don't force feed this chick into the x-men like that should they retcon her from inhuman to mutant she has carved out a nice niche doing her thing......teaming up with them from time to time is cool but I don't really wish for more then that...I get the sense the ppl in charge of the Ms Marvel show had there way she would be Wolverine's new sidekick and forget all Jubilee, Kitty, X-23 and the rest....I think that is the wrong move it would drive more negativity towards her imo esp from some of the ppl who aren't crazy about the mcu retcon to being with.
    So ya I do see other X fans saying stuff like this, basically 'Now there is even a greater chance of this character not showing up'. Armour is the most popular one brought up but still. It feels like the people who want her part of the X-line is because she is popular, with a mix of 'screw you Inhumans and your 5 fans'.

Ms. Marvel may seem irrelevant to something talking about WBD - until you realise that the directors of the cancelled Batgirl movie also worked on Kamala's Disney+ show.

Hmm... this version of Kamala has to be at least 20, because she was 16 when she got her powers and it's mentioned that her family was killed four years ago. The costume is fine, but the super long hair is actually contradictory to her first appearance, when she shapeshifted to Carol and found it gets in her face. I know her hair isn't short, but it's not usually that long and with good reason.
    Fair enough. The costume can be adopted or adapted just fine without giving her super-long hair.

Kamala is in Amazing Spider-Man this week. spoilers:
    Apparently she's taken an internship at the newly relaunched Oscorp.
    end of spoilers

Kamala is in Amazing Spider-Man this week. spoilers:
    Apparently she's taken an internship at the newly relaunched Oscorp.
    end of spoilers
    So random and...kind of off-putting, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So random and...kind of off-putting, to be honest.
    She's just killing time before being shipped off to Krakoa next year.