Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hmm, wouldn't she have been asked her reasons, and thus been under pressure to reveal her secret identity?
    Yup. But one thing i've learned in life the law and order crowd or those who LOVE the law or claim to, the real truth is they NEVER think they will be on the other side of it, no matter what they do. I mean just look at current events in america with a sharp thought on decline of "law and order." by the very people who claimed to adore it when it was at it's worst for others. "just give them what they want except, deleted texts, tax returns, video recordings, phone logs." lol By following the law kamala would have been one of it's biggest victims just for existing.
    Last edited by jwatson; 08-10-2022 at 04:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So ya I do see other X fans saying stuff like this, basically 'Now there is even a greater chance of this character not showing up'. Armour is the most popular one brought up but still. It feels like the people who want her part of the X-line is because she is popular, with a mix of 'screw you Inhumans and your 5 fans'.
    I Feel they occupy different lanes and honestly if there is any franchise they really wouldn't benefit much from Kamala its X-Men so many younger diverse female characters some that barely get any use as is.........Kamala imo is better severed more on the Avengers side where outside of the young teams like Young Avengers not nearly as much younger female characters on that side.

Astonishing Member

Now the issue is out, here's a page:

Looks like her Dad got her the job. And she probably couldn't object.
    Is it just me, or does she look like she is as tall as Peter.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, wouldn't she have been asked her reasons, and thus been under pressure to reveal her secret identity?
    Not necessarily....anyone who knows her as Kamala knows she is a super hero fan girl. And simply saying she believes young heroes are doing good and should not be hindered by bureaucrats does not give anything away. Could even keep her out of the suit for the story line as she is recovering.

That is so random, Kamala working for Norman Osborn is so random (and just bad optics), and her dialogue feels really off.

I don't think she should even be that tall.

The context is very likely to be that after the Roxxon internship went south (as she planned, since she only took it to bring them down), her father made her take the Oscorp one.

The height is probably explained by a quirk in comic book art. They always draw teenagers as being shorter than adults, even though a 15 year old would already be fully grown (in other words, Sam Alexander should be a similar height to Richard Rider, but instead he's usually a head shorter). And here, bearing in mind at least two years have now passed in-universe since she got her powers at age 16 (Secret Wars = 8 months skipped. Sister-in-law's pregnancy = another nine months), she would now be 18, probably graduated high school during the six month timeskip (ASM and X-Men are that far ahead of other books such as Miles's), and therefore is now an adult, and Romita Jr drew her as such.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

The context is very likely to be that after the Roxxon internship went south (as she planned, since she only took it to bring them down), her father made her take the Oscorp one.

The height is probably explained by a quirk in comic book art. They always draw teenagers as being shorter than adults, even though a 15 year old would already be fully grown (in other words, Sam Alexander should be a similar height to Richard Rider, but instead he's usually a head shorter). And here, bearing in mind at least two years have now passed in-universe since she got her powers at age 16 (Secret Wars = 8 months skipped. Sister-in-law's pregnancy = another nine months), she would now be 18, probably graduated high school during the six month timeskip (ASM and X-Men are that far ahead of other books such as Miles's), and therefore is now an adult, and Romita Jr drew her as such.
    Look even with the timing nothing else but this comic is showing Kamala as an adult. Time is super weird in Marvel (most comic books), as well having her story being told in someone elses book feels wrong. Also she is an intern bringing chemicals around? She wants to do a field in science? I could believe her more having a part time delivery job, bringing some coffees and running into Peter in the lobby then this.

Incredible Member

She’s 17 she stated it in the crossover with Wolverine title.

That honestly doesn't make sense unless they retcon her origin as happening at age 15.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I didn't know the team-up mini was weekly? The second issue's preview is out.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/12/ma...moon-knight-1/

How did Kamala not know vampires are real? She must've heard of Blade, right?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-12-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

That honestly doesn't make sense unless they retcon her origin as happening at age 15.
    Here is how it makes sense, as I mentioned earlier "Time is super weird in Marvel". 2 years passed according from Runaways new comic from the time of Gert's death (IRL date 19th, July 2006) with the new comic being out (IRL 14th, September 2017). Writers of books will say how long it has been, and no other book may say anything because they don't care. Unless it is a company wide thing.

Extraordinary Member

I really hope Kamala is ready for that sort of crazy.

It's like Kamala is teaming-up with Batman!

(But yeah, how could she not know about vampires...?).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That is so random, Kamala working for Norman Osborn is so random (and just bad optics), and her dialogue feels really off.

I don't think she should even be that tall.
    She comes off like Christopher Reeves Clark Kent, the one from the later movies not the early ones..
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Kamala is teaming-up with Batman!

(But yeah, how could she not know about vampires...?).
    Well, Moon Knight is one of Marvel's two main counterparts to Bruce (Nighthawk being the other - I'd consider Daredevil to be Nightwing's counterpart instead).