Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Kamala needs the X-Men or a Mutant identity, honestly.

Just seems like a "screw you" to the Inhumans franchise as payback or because we want a popular character to get subsumed into the X-Men collective. And I like the X-Men.
    Well look at the way they are treating the Inhumans in general in the comics the way they are being portrayed is in a very dark light.

Yeah, the Inhumans franchise is effectively dead, only Kamala and Moon Girl are still getting pushed from that initiative.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Is it completely dead now at least with its present lineup.
    Turns out, no. They appeared in a Viv Vision digital comic just last month.
    https://www.cbr.com/viv-vision-infin...r-love-marvel/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, the Inhumans franchise is effectively dead, only Kamala and Moon Girl are still getting pushed from that initiative.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t both retconned as mutants.

Kamala's use in this book continues to feel off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me if they weren’t both retconned as mutants.
    Moon girl is getting a mini at the end of the year about her making an Inhuman roller team so no she isn't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala's use in this book continues to feel off.
    The fact on how we saw her durring the time of her judgement makes me think this is a Skrull Kamala for that new secret invasion book or mini or whatever they are doing. Makes more sense then what we have gotten.

Secret Invasion was delayed (because the show was) remember. I can't see it impacting any other books. There'll be no major heroes revealed as Skrulls like there was in the original event (which had it done with Spider-Woman, Elektra, and even the long-dead Mockingbird, thus resurrecting her as it was an imposter who died).

Miles' book seemed to end with him close to graduation, he just got a college scholarship. He and Kamala are the same age, so I think it's probably safe to say Kamala has also graduated, off panel, which explains her taking this internship. Maybe she needs it to pay for college?

Secret Invasion was delayed (because the show was) remember. I can't see it impacting any other books. There'll be no major heroes revealed as Skrulls like there was in the original event (which had it done with Spider-Woman, Elektra, and even the long-dead Mockingbird, thus resurrecting her as it was an imposter who died).

Miles' book seemed to end with him close to graduation, he just got a college scholarship. He and Kamala are the same age, so I think it's probably safe to say Kamala has also graduated, off panel, which explains her taking this internship. Maybe she needs it to pay for college?
    That would be really weird.

Apparently Kamala will be sticking around in spider-man 4:50 to the end
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1578898036746510339

The comics might try keeping her Inhuman but...

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    I think she'll probably be in Peter's supporting cast until one of two things happens - she gets her own book again, or ASM's writer changes. Writers like to put the toys back in the box when they leave, so both Kamala and Peter would likely leave Oscorp when that happens - probably because of Norman reverting to his usual villainous self.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Kamala deserves better...

I know this sounds really bad but Kamala being Muslim kinda put me off from the comic. Now before you all get out your pitchforks I loved the Ms. Marvel comic and I understand that representation is important and that those anti-woke idiots are just racists, misogynists, homophobes, transphobes, etc. But I really don't like religion and religious characters. I think I would have the same problem with Daredevil being Catholic if I read his comics (I don't, so I don't know if it's been brought up as much as Kamala's religion has). It just makes me roll my eyes when she has to follow arbitrary rules that she doesn't want to. And there was that "anarcho-atheist" character that I actually agreed with being presented as some kind of joke who was wrong. I don't know why they bothered to include him if they weren't going to expand on the idea of religion being oppressive.

We do get some of Kamala questioning her faith in her god when her father gets sick, but that doesn't go anywhere, since I doubt Marvel is going to suddenly make their most popular Muslim superhero an atheist. Though that would be cool to see for me. I mean, how can you argue that benevolent god exists when so much awful things happen in the Marvel universe and in real life?