Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel Appreciation 2022

I was surprised to see Ms. Marvel doesn’t yet have a thread for 2022. The eve of her tv series debut feels like a marvelous time to fix that! Celebrate Kamala here <3

E9921A2E-072F-4B2F-8CEA-756E0EEAF12F.jpg

BC51ACF2-DC96-48CD-ADA5-B928B1CD4778.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed. Thanks for starting this up.

msmarv2019005_cov_lr.jpg

Ms._Marvel-Future_Fight-Attilan_Rising.jpg

A couple of her alternate costumes that I really liked. First one would be the Kree Stormranger Nanosuit from Saladin Ahmed's Magnificent Ms. Marvel, and the second would be from the Secret Wars (2015) miniseries Inhumans: Attilan Rising.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 06-07-2022 at 07:12 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That Secret Wars suit is great, hadn’t seen that before!

How do folks feel about the different take on Ms M’s powers in the Disney+ series?
    From what I’ve seen (I won’t get to watch until much later today), I really like the cosmic aspect and visuals from the tv show.

I remember when Kamala debuted and I, along with many others at the time, thought the stretching/shape shifting powers were fine but a little meh.

Yeah, we've just been using the Champions thread to discuss her. Not much else going on with the team right now.

If you're not playing Marvel Puzzle Quest, get on it, they just released a 5* Ms. Marvel based on the show, and a community event is on in which you answer a few questions about her on a website, and if a target is met, all players will get several items, including the 3* version of Ms. Marvel.
    https://gleam.io/T1COq/the-puzzle-qu...nity-challenge

Meanwhile, Bleeding Cool reports that Ms. Marvel will be given to Contest of Champions players tonight, to celebrate her show launching, alongside Wiccan and Hulkling, who are new characters they added for Pride Month.
    https://bleedingcool.com/games/marve...new-additions/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

How did this place go from having a diehard Kamala fan community to one where no one started an appreciation thread until the middle of the year her first live action show comes out?

Maybe it has to do with the fact she doesn't have an ongoing series right now? Just a couple of minis, one recently finished, another solicited. And no Champions either. The show starting FINALLY gives us some meat to talk about. I hope after that team-up mini, she gets another ongoing series. They need to strike while the iron is hot.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    How did this place go from having a diehard Kamala fan community to one where no one started an appreciation thread until the middle of the year her first live action show comes out?
    We started using the Champions thread somehow.
    "Cable was right!"

She's not the only one. Ironheart has no new thread either. I posted a video about her in the Iron Man thread, and someone said they thought she had her own thread. Not since New Year's Eve, as they all get locked at the end of each year.

With the exception of Miles, this has actually been a pretty crappy year for the Champions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    You just need a dedicated thread maker. Inhumans app sticks around with no comics or news.

Extraordinary Member

1st episode was good...will see how it all plays out. And there is a credit scene if you have not watched it yet.

So how long til they depower Kamala in the comic and give her a bracelet.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 06-08-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Thanks, all! I should’ve checked the Champions thread.
    Excited to watch the first episode later.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I enjoyed the first episode, it's definitely a cutesy show meant for younger audiences.

I may finish it once it is finished as it is only 6 episodes.

A cosplayer named Raisin wore this to the LA premiere of the show:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...ere_so_i_made/

Apparently she made that in one day. Of course, so did Kamala in the comics!

Oh wow, the supporting cast is really getting to shine in a way even the Spidey supporting cast did not in all of the movies.

Benefits of having a show vs. film

Nakia and Zoe seem watered down tho. I appreciated Zoe being a more condescending, subtle racist jerk in the comics vs. the more atypical, aggressive bully with racial overtones on the show.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 06-09-2022 at 04:10 AM.

Thought the first episode was so fun! Iman is a perfect choice, the design effects were great and full of energy.
    Also increasingly preferring her powers in the show vs comics, love the visuals.
    Love it and can’t wait for the next!