Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Got a crazy theory on what Najma said spoilers:
    She's lying. "What!?" you might think but hear me out, in this same episode she told Kamala this information we discoverd that she knew there was a risk in using the bands, and is willing to hurt innocent people. Now that doesn't sound like a good person to me.
    end of spoilers Also people bring up a lot on how Inhumans didn't do good, and you know who also didn't do good, Mandarin. Not comicbook accurate but retcon(kind of) and got him better later.
    I've seen people bring up how Kamala's dad talk about the Djinn being banished from their home, so there might be more to their backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    As a fellow resident of New Jersey who had a friend for years that lived in Jersey City, cosigned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    McNair? That's the real life counterpart of Coles Academical, Kamala's school, right?
    Thanks for the comments all. Yes, McNair is the real life counterpart for the school in the series. Coincidentally, I met a former student who attends McNair now. Three years ago I remember many of the members of her class recognizing Ms. Marvel when we were doing our unit on Islam. This student was starting to get into Captain Marvel and she has expressed to me how she loves the new Ms. Marvel series.

I say this because I've read headlines about how the series isn't doing well. I'll readily admit, I haven't watched it yet (it's been the end of the year, things are busy at the school!), but I intend to. More to my point, I still say that regardless of ratings or metrics, the series is appealing to an audience. I think Ms. Marvel has the potential to appeal to a wider audience most definitely, but this core audience appreciates the character and what she represents.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen people bring up how Kamala's dad talk about the Djinn being banished from their home, so there might be more to their backstory.
    So from possible leaks spoilers:
    These "Clan Destine are a group of Inhumans banished from Attilan and claim to be the true heirs to the throne.
    end of spoilers

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Thanks for the comments all. Yes, McNair is the real life counterpart for the school in the series. Coincidentally, I met a former student who attends McNair now. Three years ago I remember many of the members of her class recognizing Ms. Marvel when we were doing our unit on Islam. This student was starting to get into Captain Marvel and she has expressed to me how she loves the new Ms. Marvel series.

I say this because I've read headlines about how the series isn't doing well. I'll readily admit, I haven't watched it yet (it's been the end of the year, things are busy at the school!), but I intend to. More to my point, I still say that regardless of ratings or metrics, the series is appealing to an audience. I think Ms. Marvel has the potential to appeal to a wider audience most definitely, but this core audience appreciates the character and what she represents.
    I think it is doing fairly well, but that's being (somewhat) obscured by malefactors deliberately trying to sabotage the show's public reception and ratings because they don't like that it stars and centers someone from a culture and demographic that doesn't often get centered in popular media and culture compared to what's perceived as "the norm" or "default."

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So from possible leaks spoilers:
    These "Clan Destine are a group of Inhumans banished from Attilan and claim to be the true heirs to the throne.
    end of spoilers
    Maybe. Could be a good angle.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This...is nightmare fuel worthy.

I so rarely feel this way, but I'd be totally cool with synergy for once and for her to to get her MCU powers in the books. The stretch powers never did it for me and the new powers have been very fun to see on screen while still honoring what's been done in the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by postfutureshock View Post
    I so rarely feel this way, but I'd be totally cool with synergy for once and for her to to get her MCU powers in the books. The stretch powers never did it for me and the new powers have been very fun to see on screen while still honoring what's been done in the source material.
    The powers in the show feel so much more generic to me. They just don't feel like they fit Kamala as well.

She doesn't need hard light constructs or shields.

Even if they did give her the construct powers in the comics, I think it would likely be stacked on top of her current ones. It's happened over at DC, Supergirl got Red Lantern powers for a while, but she still had her natural Kryptonian abilities as well. And Marvel appear to be doing this with Anya Corazon. She lost her original Arana powers but later gained the standard Spider-Man power-set plus organic webbing, becoming Spider-Girl. She's about to get her old powers back, but a cover has shown her using her old bolas and her webbing in tandem, meaning she isn't losing the Spider-Girl powers to regain the Arana ones.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

loving the show but goddamnit, 6 episodes is just nowhere near enough. Everything feels way too crammed and like they’re unable to properly breathe in the setting and premise.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    loving the show but goddamnit, 6 episodes is just nowhere near enough. Everything feels way too crammed and like they’re unable to properly breathe in the setting and premise.
    Agreed. Six episodes is basically a long, long movie. Granted, the Marvel series originally on Netflix ended up dragging somewhat because they tried to stretch their plots for 13 episodes in each season, but that would be better for letting the story and characters develop than trying to cram it all into six episodes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    I'm glad the Marvel shows are just 6 episodes and we have two more episodes then it is until March of 2023 when we'll see her in The Marvels.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I really don't think the Clan Destine are as good as the Inventory for Kamala's first villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Agreed. Six episodes is basically a long, long movie. Granted, the Marvel series originally on Netflix ended up dragging somewhat because they tried to stretch their plots for 13 episodes in each season, but that would be better for letting the story and characters develop than trying to cram it all into six episodes.
    I think between 10-12 episodes would be the perfect amount. Especially for a show like this when her story and supporting characters can be utilized so effectively.
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 07-02-2022 at 11:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

There are 3 to 4 marvel shows coming out a year and all have budgets from 150 million to over 200 million.
    These are really long movies,not normal shows.

Some will be limited series and some will get more seasons like loki etc..
    Most will have 6 episodes but a few will have more then that,but the episodes on average will be shorter.

If 6 episodes are needed to tell the story i am fine with that.
    If more is need(more episodes or another season/s) then i am fine with that too.

Who knows ms marvel may get a season 2 or a 3rd one down the road.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-03-2022 at 12:59 AM.