Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She's just killing time before being shipped off to Krakoa next year.
    That makes it sound like she's getting exiled/forced to go .

BANNED

Well, Kamala was also a recurring character on the 2017 Disney Spider-Man cartoon
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 08-09-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    So ya I do see other X fans saying stuff like this, basically 'Now there is even a greater chance of this character not showing up'. Armour is the most popular one brought up but still. It feels like the people who want her part of the X-line is because she is popular, with a mix of 'screw you Inhumans and your 5 fans'.
    Yeah...people keep saying Ms. Marvel is popular but there is a feeling of "fake it until you make" vibe that has always seemed to surround the character. Marvel certainly wants Her to be popular. Inhumans was getting a push. Well she is an Inhuman. Inhumans didn't work out? Now she is a mutant. At best people like the idea of the character more than the actual character

If the character was popular they wouldn't need the X-Men connection.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-09-2022 at 11:05 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah...people keep saying Ms. Marvel is popular but there is a feeling of "fake it until you make" vibe that has always seemed to surround the character. Inhumans was getting a push. Well she is an Inhuman. Inhumans didn't work out? Now she is a mutant. At best people like the idea of the character more than the actual character

I'm guessing she's popular with young girls, although I doubt any of them buy enough of her comics to warrant it a success. Maybe she's popular enough to sell merch with young girls? I think the standards of popularity are low. Basically if they can fit a demographic and stamp on the MCU brand it's good enough. I think using the X-Men will hype her profile more than the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Yeah...people keep saying Ms. Marvel is popular but there is a feeling of "fake it until you make" vibe that has always seemed to surround the character. Inhumans was getting a push. Well she is an Inhuman. Inhumans didn't work out? Now she is a mutant. At best people like the idea of the character more than the actual character

Have to politely call BS on this. Kamala was a genuine breakout star in the comics and her title used to top the digital sales charts while being incredibly impressive in the physical charts for a brand new character back in the G Willow Wilson days. Easily the most successful Big 2 character created in the 2010's. Sana Amanat didn't get a fancy ass promotion just for fun. Money talks.

As for MCU Kamala's latent mutations, it's obvious Feige loves the X-Men, hates the Inhumans and wants to streamline the outsider/marginalized metaphor in the movies just for the mutants. After all, HE made sure the Inhumans didn't work out by pulling the plug on their movie and relegating them to Jeph Loeb's far inferior TV verse. Also Feige seems to have a soft spot for Ms. Marvel and Iman Vellani who he said was the first actual fangirl/fanboy cast in these films and shows and argues comic book storylines and elements with him.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-09-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Yeah, Iman very much seems to be a real life Kamala, minus the powers of course.

I do wonder if ASM has ended up spoiling events from either the team-up mini that starts this week, or an unannounced follow-up ongoing book. Kamala isn't a spider office character, spoilers:
    so they shouldn't be setting up a new status quo there.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Have to politely call BS on this. Kamala was a genuine breakout star in the comics and her title used to top the digital sales charts while being incredibly impressive in the physical charts for a brand new character back in the G Willow Wilson days. Easily the most successful Big 2 character created in the 2010's. Sana Amanat didn't get a fancy ass promotion just for fun. Money talks.

As for MCU Kamala's latent mutations, it's obvious Feige loves the X-Men, hates the Inhumans and wants to streamline the outsider/marginalized metaphor in the movies just for the mutants. After all, HE made sure the Inhumans didn't work out by pulling the plug on their movie and relegating them to Jeph Loeb's far inferior TV verse. Also Feige seems to have a soft spot for Ms. Marvel and Iman Vellani who he said was the first actual fangirl/fanboy cast in these films and shows and argues comic book storylines and elements with him.
    Granted I'm not sure if that's actually Kamala's story, at least overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Iman very much seems to be a real life Kamala, minus the powers of course.

I do wonder if ASM has ended up spoiling events from either the team-up mini that starts this week, or an unannounced follow-up ongoing book. Kamala isn't a spider office character, spoilers:
    so they shouldn't be setting up a new status quo there.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was seriously the most random cameo ever
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, realistically Kamala should now be a local celebrity, at least in New York and New Jersey, even as her civilian self. Instead her solo book was cancelled during Outlawed and they never explored the consequences of her face being plastered all over the media. The only time it came up was when Roxxon wanted to recruit her in Lore's Champions arc.

More than likely, since the Outlawed storyline was badly impacted by COVID, they probably just want to bury it.
    I still say that the most effective Kamala could have been against the law is to speak out against it as Kamala...not run around breaking it as Ms Marvel. Play it as this huge PR debacle that the face of the law is actually speaking against it.

Just popping in to say ms. marvel was a great read. The art was very vibrant and the colors colorful. Just a really fun, classic team up that features two set of x-men teams. Taking a bit of a break but wanted to pop in to say this was definitely a 5 star.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I was like "What took you so long?" but then I remembered the team-up specials are releasing.
    "Cable was right!"

Yeah, Ms. Marvel & Wolverine was out today. spoilers:
    She ends the issue with an injured arm due to a insect drone sent by a mysterious villain to collect genetic samples.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am truly tickled pink laughing at some of the people complaining about any of the x-men showing here but have great things to say about what they are not doing in the current event or trying real hard to explain the why of missing characters and huge plotholes. Wonder why the writer in this series isn't getting the same sort of hand holding when this story overall was far more entertaining, well at least imo. lol At least the intent of this book was executed well.

oh *ninja vanish*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I still say that the most effective Kamala could have been against the law is to speak out against it as Kamala...not run around breaking it as Ms Marvel. Play it as this huge PR debacle that the face of the law is actually speaking against it.
    Hmm, wouldn't she have been asked her reasons, and thus been under pressure to reveal her secret identity?

Kamala is in Amazing Spider-Man this week. spoilers:
    Apparently she's taken an internship at the newly relaunched Oscorp.
    end of spoilers
    Now the issue is out, here's a page:

Looks like her Dad got her the job. And she probably couldn't object.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-10-2022 at 04:50 PM.