Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Ignore it.

I guess those 5 folks supported Kamala and Moon Girl enough to have more solo issue success and tv shows than all the females at other franchises.

And once upon a time folks said that about Blade, Static, Squirrel Girl, T'Challa, Antman and Rocket Raccoon. They have faired better than some other franchises.
    Stop the cap.

The success of these characters had nothing to do with the subspecies of humanity they belong to. They had loose affliction at best and their success did nothing to elevate the Inhuman brand. They kept the success to themselves and are better for it. There are plenty of things to contribute to their success but Inhuman ain't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Oh boy this totally won't be a huge controversal discussion after this episode... >.> <.<
    Not really, the X-MEN are basically The Inhumans now. They live apart from humanity on an island and in space. Ms. Marvel being a mutant is sort of the same thing as her being an Inhuman now.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

spoilers:
    I have not watched the episode but are they implying that the Clandestines have the X-gene?
    end of spoilers

Congrats to Kamala Khan and congrats to the cast of Ms Marvel, i for one thoroughly enjoyed the show and i might not be a mega kamala poster but i've been following the character from her fiirst series through champions through outlawed to being excited about the upcoming MS. Marvel and Wolverine and the character and the community deserves this spotlight. If for nothing else the additional eyes this will put on such a diverse series is worth it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Feels like Ms Marvel rebirth with new powers and “secret origin revealed” is coming soon. I’m pretty ok with it, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    spoilers:
    I have not watched the episode but are they implying that the Clandestines have the X-gene?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Nope, they made it a point to mention Kamala's DNA was different from the rest of her family, so her mutation is not connected to her Clandestine heritage
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Feels like Ms Marvel rebirth with new powers and “secret origin revealed” is coming soon. I’m pretty ok with it, tbh.
    Let's be honest, the only reason she was made an Inhuman in the first place was because she debuted in a very specific timeframe where Marvel was trying to make Inhumans happen. A previous era would have made her a mutant like Squirrel Girl and Franklin Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's be honest, the only reason she was made an Inhuman in the first place was because she debuted in a very specific timeframe where Marvel was trying to make Inhumans happen. A previous era would have made her a mutant like Squirrel Girl and Franklin Richards.
    Will it be as irrelevant as her Inhuman heritage?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's practically irrelevant now. People aren't talking about Ms. Marvel the character as much as they're talking about "we've got mutants in the MCU finally."

Them using her as spoilers:
    a door for the mutants seems miscalculated since they could've saved it for a traditionally mutant character.
    end of spoilersEven though she wasn't living in the middle of the Hudson River with the inhumans, she was tied to them as much as she could be. It's not like she turned inhuman, and they never mentioned them again, which is what people like to imply.

And whether people like it or not, she's been an inhuman in every cartoon and video game, and that does strengthen the ties.

They gave her 3 group affiliations and a cosmic artifact. It was overkill. Like, if they were going to do what they did, why not just start the series like that and go from there? What difference does it make now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feige's hate for them, their network show bombing spectacularly and Disney acquiring Fox made Inhumans irrelevant super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    And whether people like it or not, she's been an inhuman in every cartoon and video game, and that does strengthen the ties.
    I give it months, max a year until the release of The Marvels, that Kamala loses her Inhumanness somehow and gains an X-Gene in the comics.

Feige's hate for them, their network show bombing spectacularly and Disney acquiring Fox made Inhumans irrelevant super fast.

I give it months, max a year until the release of The Marvels, that Kamala loses her Inhumanness somehow and gains an X-Gene in the comics.
    Well you said it perfectly, she has to "lose her inhumanness" because it's a part of her character.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Feige hated them that much then Black Bolt wouldn't have been in Multiverse of Madness and played by the same actor from the network show.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    If Feige hated them that much then Black Bolt wouldn't have been in Multiverse of Madness and played by the same actor from the network show.
    And how did that go again?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    And how did that go again?
    He was one of the most interesting parts of the movie. I mean, they ripped Professor X's head in two, and it doesn't mean he's abandoning the mutants or Fantastic Four after what he did to Reed.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

A key difference is that the Inhumans were part of a push by Perlmutter specifically, the only worthwhile result of which was Kamala (who I think was originally meant to be a mutant anyways but they changed it to help with said push). But it is not a coincidence that the second Feige wrested control out from Perlmutter the Inhumans movie immediately became a project on the TV side, which Perlmutter did oversee.

And since the Reed in the Fantastic Four movies may not even be Krasinski...I think that Black Bolt was a fun Illuminati easter egg and not a serious indication of the Inhumans being a big player.