Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    He was one of the most interesting parts of the movie. I mean, they ripped Professor X's head in two, and it doesn't mean he's abandoning the mutants or Fantastic Four after what he did to Reed.
    Oh don’t get me wrong I’d love for BB (Mount or otherwise) to show up as the surprise ‘this will not end well for the Kree’ moment in the Marvels, but I don’t think things are going to swing that way. In light of the maniacal spiteful laughter from other corners, I’ll have to satisfy myself with the grim knowledge that at least Iron Fist and SHIELD’s fans have it worse

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Oh don’t get me wrong I’d love for BB (Mount or otherwise) to show up as the surprise ‘this will not end well for the Kree’ moment in the Marvels, but I don’t think things are going to swing that way. In light of the maniacal spiteful laughter from other corners, I’ll have to satisfy myself with the grim knowledge that at least Iron Fist and SHIELD’s fans have it worse
    At this point most speculation is difficult because of these twists that they keep for the last minute.They might reduce the inhumans to Hulk levels at most.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So how long before the comic retcon? I give it 6 months also the chances of a Southern Belle popping up in Captain Marvel 2 just became very real.
    I dunno, I doubt it'll happen. Obviously it's too early to tell but they haven't hinted at giving her energy powers yet. Making her a mutant would be relatively easy thing to do comparatively, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    A key difference is that the Inhumans were part of a push by Perlmutter specifically, the only worthwhile result of which was Kamala (who I think was originally meant to be a mutant anyways but they changed it to help with said push). But it is not a coincidence that the second Feige wrested control out from Perlmutter the Inhumans movie immediately became a project on the TV side, which Perlmutter did oversee.

And since the Reed in the Fantastic Four movies may not even be Krasinski...I think that Black Bolt was a fun Illuminati easter egg and not a serious indication of the Inhumans being a big player.
    Isn't Perlmutter responsible for the first 9 years of the MCU and Netflix since he was overseeing everything then? I'm sure the Eternals took the spot that was saved for the Inhumans movie. I love the eternals, but I don't know how it suddenly became a priority before everything else if it wasn't saved for the inhumans originally.

Plus, we know that they aren't using the Eternals to bring mutants into the MCU. They might tie the concept because they already made the movie and the MCU tries to connect things.

I think people repeat that theory because they forget the Eternals and the Spider-Man deal.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I dunno, I doubt it'll happen. Obviously it's too early to tell but they haven't hinted at giving her energy powers yet. Making her a mutant would be relatively easy thing to do comparatively, though.
    Changing her is just as bad as changing the Maximoff twins, but I'm positive her next writer is already planning the switch. It just takes away from comics when they break the Fourth Wall of movie synergy.

Astonishing Member

At this point most speculation is difficult because of these twists that they keep for the last minute.They might reduce the inhumans to Hulk levels at most.
    Let’s not kid ourselves: The Inhumans might not be wholly out of the MCU to do list rolodex the way Rick Jones is, but their probably lower down the totem pole than Euroforce right now. And it depresses me as an Inhumans fan

They were never going to make a live action Kamala an Inhuman for reasons that should be fairly obvious, but spoilers:
    making her a mutant in the comics runs the risk of Kamala being absorbed into the X-Men wallpaper that occurs to a lot of younger mutant characters who loose their ongoing; or her supporting characters will vanish off the face of the earth/die/become bigots/inexplicably become genocidal time travelling Scottish cyborgs
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's be honest, the only reason she was made an Inhuman in the first place was because she debuted in a very specific timeframe where Marvel was trying to make Inhumans happen. A previous era would have made her a mutant like Squirrel Girl and Franklin Richards.
    Read this in one of comments section on youtube.
    Mack H quote-
    I have to be honest, I LOVE the mutant angle. Her creators have said in interviews that they originally created her as a mutant, but we're forced to change because of the Disney/Feige Inhumans instead of mutants mandate. I think we're getting something closer to the original intent for Kamala and I love that

Eddie Thomas quote-
    Thank you!!! i absolutely loved her being a muntant as well. I feel like people are worried about nothing. She's still going to be an avenger, she's going to be the same as the comics but now she's a mutant instead of an inhuman which i personally think is better anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Read this in one of comments section on youtube.
    Where's that interview that they said this? Also, is making her a mutant going to change who she is? An Avengers Stan that has an independent life away from the mutant baggage. She got freedom to be independent because of her being inhuman since they didn't force her to be in their books.

I'm pretty sure they just told them, "hey, since you're making this character and we want to create new inhumans because we have big plans for them, could you make her an inhuman?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Will it be as irrelevant as her Inhuman heritage?
    Franklin Richards is not a mutant anymore or not a mutant.

Franklin Richards (Earth-616)

Depowered human mutate, originally mutated via exposure to his parents cosmic rays through birth, formerly disguised as a mutant
    During the Fantastic Four's confrontation against the unstoppable alien Cormorant, Franklin used the last remains of his powers in an attempt to stop the enemy, but failed. When Franklin attempted to use a Krakoan Gateway, he was unable to pass through.[14] When the Fantastic Four came in the possession of the Forever Gate, a programmable doorway into every point in space and time, Franklin attempted to use it to travel to Krakoa. He was interrupted telepathically by Xavier, who informed Franklin of the discovery that his mutant status had been a result of his powers subconsciously altering his anatomy in a cellular level. With his powers gone, Franklin was no longer a mutant, and his acceptance into Krakoa was revoked.

Despite somewhat hurt feelings at the loss of his mutant identity, Franklin attended the Hellfire Gala with his family, displaying friendship with Kate Pryde.

Anyone else get little chills when you could hear the spoilers:
    90’s X-men theme
    end of spoilers play in the background when they said spoilers:
    mutation
    end of spoilers? I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I look forward to The Marvels and hopefully Champions or Young Avengers or whatever they decide to do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Franklin Richards is not a mutant anymore or not a mutant.

Franklin Richards (Earth-616)
    That was a bad decision and I hope someone very soon comes along and retcons that retcon. If they did not want Franklin going to Krakoa they could just have given him a reason for it by having him not like the vibe he got on the island or not like that people like Magneto or Apocalypse were given a free pass.

Isn't Perlmutter responsible for the first 9 years of the MCU and Netflix since he was overseeing everything then? I'm sure the Eternals took the spot that was saved for the Inhumans movie. I love the eternals, but I don't know how it suddenly became a priority before everything else if it wasn't saved for the inhumans originally.

Plus, we know that they aren't using the Eternals to bring mutants into the MCU. They might tie the concept because they already made the movie and the MCU tries to connect things.

I think people repeat that theory because they forget the Eternals and the Spider-Man deal.
    Good things happened in spit of Perlmutter not because of him.

In Iron Man 3 Rebecca Hall's character was originally the villain, but Perlmutter didn't believe toys of a female villain would sell. This was also his excuse for quashing any female or POC leads.

The Marvel Committee he had in place didn't want to do the Awesome Mix tape because of the cost to get the music rights. Reminder this was after Disney took over and was paying the bill. But Perlmutter was a notorious cheapskate.

He wanted to have RDJ only do a cameo or being completely written out of CIVIL WAR because he didn't want to pay him. This was Civil War imagine Civl War with no Tony, you can't. Apparently this was the breaking point for Feige when he went Igor and said me or him at Marvel Studios.

Perlmutter's cheapness was unfortunately all over the Inhumans. His desire stemmed from his anger Fox had the X-Men rights not a creative one. He cheated out on the Inhumans tv show and that did severe damage to the Inhumans brand in the film medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Anyone else get little chills when you could hear the spoilers:
    90’s X-men theme
    end of spoilers play in the background when they said spoilers:
    mutation
    end of spoilers?
    No, but I did sigh and roll my eyes. It felt soooo unearned and for the first time you could feel the behind the scenes politics as if someone said "This still isn't enough it still needs something more. Tease mutants"

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I thought it was a great ending to a great series. I look forward to The Marvels and hopefully Champions or Young Avengers or whatever they decide to do.
    Iman Vellani has a bright future ahead of her because she managed to elevate this material
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Not even sure why spoilers:
    Brie Larson was there...not for Kamala to meet her hero or anything important...she was just there to be there. I get it ties into the upcoming movie...but there was just nothing meaningful about it.
    end of spoilers

I really wish they had used some actual Ms. Marvel villains in a Ms. Marvel show (especially since they for some reason didn't want Kamran to be a villain).
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Feige's hate for them, their network show bombing spectacularly and Disney acquiring Fox made Inhumans irrelevant super fast.
    Even when they were majorly pushing the Inhumans I would say Kamala's Inhuman heritage was barely relevant past her first run.

spoilers:
    I would assume it would be true for any X-Gene.
    end of spoilers