Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No, but I did sigh and roll my eyes. It felt soooo unearned and for the first time you could feel the behind the scenes politics as if someone said "This still isn't enough it still needs something more. Tease mutants"
    I feel like this was an alternate ending that they put in because the show was doing poorly with the hope that people are now going to go back and watch it to see if she drops any more mutant hints. It didn't feel earned because they did a whole thing around the ClanDestine and her heritage being the gateway into the Noor light dimension and her powers, and the mutant thing was a throwaway line that tagged the end of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Let's be honest, the only reason she was made an Inhuman in the first place was because she debuted in a very specific timeframe where Marvel was trying to make Inhumans happen. A previous era would have made her a mutant like Squirrel Girl and Franklin Richards.
    Yeah, had she debuted before 2012 or after 2017, she'd have been a mutant. So would Moon Girl, who I assume will also not be an Inhuman in her TV series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Feige's hate for them, their network show bombing spectacularly and Disney acquiring Fox made Inhumans irrelevant super fast.

I give it months, max a year until the release of The Marvels, that Kamala loses her Inhumanness somehow and gains an X-Gene in the comics.
    Kamala does have those team-ups solicited, I won't be surprised if the same writer launches an ongoing afterwards.

She doesn't need to lose her Inhumanity to be revealed as a mutant, there's already one other character who is both - Luna Maximoff, the daughter of Crystal and Quicksilver.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Good things happened in spit of Perlmutter not because of him.

In Iron Man 3 Rebecca Hall's character was originally the villain, but Perlmutter didn't believe toys of a female villain would sell. This was also his excuse for quashing any female or POC leads.

The Marvel Committee he had in place didn't want to do the Awesome Mix tape because of the cost to get the music rights. Reminder this was after Disney took over and was paying the bill. But Perlmutter was a notorious cheapskate.

He wanted to have RDJ only do a cameo or being completely written out of CIVIL WAR because he didn't want to pay him. This was Civil War imagine Civl War with no Tony, you can't. Apparently this was the breaking point for Feige when he went Igor and said me or him at Marvel Studios.

Perlmutter's cheapness was unfortunately all over the Inhumans. His desire stemmed from his anger Fox had the X-Men rights not a creative one. He cheated out on the Inhumans tv show and that did severe damage to the Inhumans brand in the film medium.
    Perlmutter is the reason why War Machine was recast. He didn't think Terrance Howard would take a pay cut for Iron Man 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Perlmutter is the reason why War Machine was recast. He didn't think Terrance Howard would take a pay cut for Iron Man 2
    Also the man who though Black Panther and Captain Marvel wouldn't do well in theaters. OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, had she debuted before 2012 or after 2017, she'd have been a mutant. So would Moon Girl, who I assume will also not be an Inhuman in her TV series.
    She might have because Inhumanity hadn't happened, but I think she would've had a science lab accident or have been caught up in one of her experiments, which is what happened since she was studying the Terrigen Mists.

I can't imagine Kamala or Lunella becoming mutants because they're so independent. I can't see them dropping everything like their family and friends to go the X Mansion. Moon Girl is more compatible with the Future Foundation too. But I think they are going to make her a mutant in her new cartoon because the genocide wasn't only in the comics world.

Kamala as a character could have been a mutant, but publication-wise, it would never have worked. If they wanted a solo character that focused on real world discrimination and culture, the X-Men is definitely not where you go. It would lessen the mutant metaphor and she loves Captain Marvel and the Avengers, not Rogue or any other mutant.

She was meant to be an Avengers character and it would clash at the end of Avengers vs. X-Men/Uncanny Avengers. She wouldn't have been called Ms. Marvel. They could do that in the show because her reference for heroes are the Avengers and the mutant thing is "just a label."

He's technically also the reason we got Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, and the rest of the first 3 phases of Marvel movies and television. I mean, Disney is a garbage company now that donates to right wing politicians, but people just ignore it and as basically accomplices. Just like people who buy from Amazon, but I think we ignore all these things because we don't want to be bothered by real world issues to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I feel like this was an alternate ending that they put in because the show was doing poorly with the hope that people are now going to go back and watch it to see if she drops any more mutant hints. It didn't feel earned because they did a whole thing around the ClanDestine and her heritage being the gateway into the Noor light dimension and her powers, and the mutant thing was a throwaway line that tagged the end of the show.
    Feige is really getting his money's worth out of the X-Men:The Animated Series theme song isn't he? That is one powerful memberberry. What is funny is that all the A-tier heroes are gone. The X-Men will not be interacting with the Avengers from Endgame. The Guardians will be gone by then to. The only thing that will be left is the Fantastic Four and whatever passes for the new Avengers. I wonder if the audience has caught on to this yet.

While I have always dismissed the "Marvel wants this character to happen no matter what" talk that has always dogged Ms. Marvel, but after seeing her inserted into the Avengers videogame and apparently being given the mutant stuff as well for the first time I'm thinking that there could be something to that
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-14-2022 at 10:44 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

I wonder what the chances are for Kamala to be a founding member of the MCU X-Men? Maybe she could be the first super-hero to be on two teams. The X-Men and the Young Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    She might have because Inhumanity hadn't happened, but I think she would've had a science lab accident or have been caught up in one of her experiments, which is what happened since she was studying the Terrigen Mists.

I can't imagine Kamala or Lunella becoming mutants because they're so independent. I can't see them dropping everything like their family and friends to go the X Mansion. Moon Girl is more compatible with the Future Foundation too. But I think they are going to make her a mutant in her new cartoon because the genocide wasn't only in the comics world.

Kamala as a character could have been a mutant, but publication-wise, it would never have worked. If they wanted a solo character that focused on real world discrimination and culture, the X-Men is definitely not where you go. It would lessen the mutant metaphor and she loves Captain Marvel and the Avengers, not Rogue or any other mutant.

She was meant to be an Avengers character and it would clash at the end of Avengers vs. X-Men/Uncanny Avengers. She wouldn't have been called Ms. Marvel. They could do that in the show because her reference for heroes are the Avengers and the mutant thing is "just a label."
    You're forgetting that Carol herself has a connection to the X-Men. She went to them in the 80s, but left when Rogue joined the team. Then as Binary she wound up with the Starjammers - who of course are an X-Men offshoot, their leader being Cyclops's father!

Also, not all mutants join the X-Men. Justice and Firestar from the New Warriors are mutants. Vance has never been an X-Man. Like Kamala, they have been Avengers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I wonder what the chances are for Kamala to be a founding member of the MCU X-Men? Maybe she could be the first super-hero to be on two teams. The X-Men and the Young Avengers?
    She's definitely going to be both. She's already the founding mutant in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You're forgetting that Carol herself has a connection to the X-Men. She went to them in the 80s, but left when Rogue joined the team. Then as Binary she wound up with the Starjammers - who of course are an X-Men offshoot, their leader being Cyclops's father!

Also, not all mutants join the X-Men. Justice and Firestar from the New Warriors are mutants. Vance has never been an X-Man. Like Kamala, they have been Avengers.
    That was 40 years ago. Firestar just joined the X-Men yesterday and was tied to the X-Men since the VHS starring her came out in the 80's. I think Disney might dismantle the X-Men as a concept because they were extremely exclusive. especially in the 90's. Like they didn't want to mix any interactions with anyone compared to Spider-Man, thr Fantastic Four, etc.

But the point that gets messy is when they already did the superhuman registration act in Civil War, and the Avengers, who have enhanced people are viewed as heroes. Kamala is a mutant, so will she be spared of the anti-mutant stuff because she and other mutants are on the Avengers? Will they stop discriminating against her and her friends and family for being muslim and start ganging up on mutants? Are muslims and other POC going to be the villains when there are more mutants? Are some mutants going to be excused from helping and acknowledging mutant affaires like some of the ones you mentioned?

And whether people like it or not, Agents of Shield dealt with it, but the difference was that there were a lot of adults that became inhumans and had their established lives "ruined" as opposed to teen mutants. A nuance people leave out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Feige is really getting his money's worth out of the X-Men:The Animated Series theme song isn't he? That is one powerful memberberry. What is funny is that all the A-tier heroes are gone. The X-Men will not be interacting with the Avengers from Endgame. The Guardians will be gone by then to. The only thing that will be left is the Fantastic Four and whatever passes for the new Avengers. I wonder if the audience has caught on to this yet.

While I have always dismissed the "Marvel wants this character to happen no matter what" talk that has always dogged Ms. Marvel, but after seeing her inserted into the Avengers videogame and apparently being given the mutant stuff as well for the first time I'm thinking that there could be something to that
    So it's going to be the Fox-verse all over again. But then again, Disney is putting in these so-called "Loser Z-listers. Stop trying to make them a thing!" that people forget are characters and will be needed later to tell stories that aren't monotoned.

The X-Men are going to be the new Avengers. Once we start getting more and more, I think the Avengers might get the boot because Disney only used the Avengers because they had the rights to them and had to push them and make them a thing. No one was interesting in the Avengers like they were Spider-Man and the X-Men until they were exposed to them and they had the money for special effects.

So, turns out Kamala was originally intended to be a mutant in the comics. Sana Amanat must've been overruled by the top brass.
    https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news...iew-exclusive/
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-14-2022 at 01:37 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The biggest worry I have with Kamala being a mutant is being forced into the X-Men and likely being cast off into limbo. She's so established as a solo character and I would hate to see that happen

Just realised something ironic. Kamala's the one who told Gwen Poole she was a mutant at the end of Gwenpool Strikes Back. I guess she didn't think to try the Krakoan gates herself!

The biggest worry I have with Kamala being a mutant is being forced into the X-Men and likely being cast off into limbo. She's so established as a solo character and I would hate to see that happen
    Both franchises are pretty distinct that neither really needs the other at this point.