Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Ms. Marvel Is the Highest-Rated MCU Production Yet
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-best-r...cu-production/

98% certified fresh on Rotten Tomatoes.

Season 2 not planned yet, but Iman knows what she wants if it does happen:
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-star-r...pider-man-mcu/

Good to see not all teen actors blab secrets like Tom Holland.
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-iman-v...game-leak-mcu/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-15-2022 at 04:13 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    How can they retcon her into a mutant in the comics? We saw her go through terrigenesis. And they can't say that she's a mutant as well because the terrigen mist would have killed her if she was.
    Her primary mutation is cocooning. Being surrounded by killer mist caused it to activate. Once she was safely out of danger she emerged. During the time in the cocoon, her secondary mutation of embiggening developed. So, while it looked like terrorgenesis, it was actually just a coincidental correlation.

Oh, and I forgot. Maddie Pryor will be or is in Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Her primary mutation is cocooning. Being surrounded by killer mist caused it to activate. Once she was safely out of danger she emerged. During the time in the cocoon, her secondary mutation of embiggening developed. So, while it looked like terrorgenesis, it was actually just a coincidental correlation.

Oh, and I forgot. Maddie Pryor will be or is in Spider-Man.
    The Mists weren't deadly at the beginning though. It started much later. So it wouldn't make sense.

Whatever the retcon is going to be, it's going to sound ridiculous. Especially since they confirmed she was an inhuman several times after her original Terrigenisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is this really shocking to anyone? I've always thought it was pretty obvious Kamala being an inhuman was very much a product of the time she was created. Any other time would've likely led to a different origin for the character, and that would be ok, 'cause ultimately, that's not what mattered about her backstory.

I wonder if Sana is trying to ease us into accepting a potential retcon in the comics now, LOL. If it does happen, though, I really hope it doesn't come with strings attached. Like, I don't want Kamala being forced to be under the X-Office or anything like that. She works precisely because she's an independent character. I hope she can remain that way.
    Thought it was obvious that she was always intended to be a mutant but Fox fighting with Marvel screwed it up

The Purifiers would be excellent Ms Marvel villains
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-15-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is this really shocking to anyone? I've always thought it was pretty obvious Kamala being an inhuman was very much a product of the time she was created. Any other time would've likely led to a different origin for the character, and that would be ok, 'cause ultimately, that's not what mattered about her backstory.

I wonder if Sana is trying to ease us into accepting a potential retcon in the comics now, LOL. If it does happen, though, I really hope it doesn't come with strings attached. Like, I don't want Kamala being forced to be under the X-Office or anything like that. She works precisely because she's an independent character. I hope she can remain that way.
    Let's not kid ourselves, none of those new characters would've been made, including Ms. Marvel, if it weren't for Marvel needing to populate comics with more inhumans. So I'm positive she wouldn't have seen the light of day if it weren't for Marvel investing in new projects and property. No inhumans = no Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel was a product of Disney wanting to add more inhuman characters for their projects.

They aren't even adding any new solo characters, not even solo mutants, now despite have 100% freedom to make whatever they want. It's dumb.

As many people have mentioned, had she been a mutant, she'd have ended up like the hundreds of other d-list mutants because people want to see legacy mutants only. The only factor non-X-Men mutants lasted was because they were saved by an Avengers/Avengers-adjacent publication.

With all the resources and freedom the X-Men writers have to put lesser known fan favorites OR NEW characters on a team, look who've they chosen to be the in the flagship book, with one being voted by fans because the other characters in the vote weren't considered legacy characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Thought it was obvious that she was always intended to be a mutant but Fox fighting with Marvel screwed it up

The Purifiers would be excellent Ms Marvel villains
    I think the Purifiers would feel really out of place in a Ms. Marvel comic. Unless they relate it to how certain groups target Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Yeah you're right. MCU money is what matters. Ms. Marvel will be to the X-Men as to what RDJ was to the Avengers. Maybe the founding members will be Ms. Marvel, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, and IceMan. Only a matter of time for Kamala to join the X-Men comics.
    If you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves, none of those new characters would've been made, including Ms. Marvel, if it weren't for Marvel needing to populate comics with more inhumans. So I'm positive she wouldn't have seen the light of day if it weren't for Marvel investing in new projects and property. No inhumans = no Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel was a product of Disney wanting to add more inhuman characters for their projects.
    The characters who debuted in the Inhumans team books such as Inferno, Flint, and Swain wouldn't exist, and neither would Mosaic. But Ms. Marvel and probably Moon Girl would, as those two have other reasons to exist. For Moon Girl, they just wanted a new kid hero for the kid market and conveniently used the terrigen mist thing for her origin. In Kamala's case, they wanted a new Muslim teen girl hero. They did actually already have one, Dust, but Kamala's storylines wouldn't have worked with the Afghan refugee New X-Man.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let's not kid ourselves, none of those new characters would've been made, including Ms. Marvel, if it weren't for Marvel needing to populate comics with more inhumans.So I'm positive she wouldn't have seen the light of day if it weren't for Marvel investing in new projects and property. No inhumans = no Ms. Marvel. Ms. Marvel was a product of Disney wanting to add more inhuman characters for their projects.
    Umm, Ms. Marvel was a product of Sana Amanat wanting a Muslim superhero character for Marvel and realizing that the Ms. Marvel moniker was vacant after Carol was promoted. Kamala was Marvel testing waters with diverse characters by trying to replicate Miles's success. There was a barrage of diverse non-Inhuman characters like Silk, Riri Williams, Mighty Thor, Sam Wilson Captain America etc. so it wasn't like they only wanted Inhumans. Marvel would have greenlit Ms. Marvel even if they weren't trying to make Inhumans happen for a minute there. She probably wouldn't have been a mutant like Sana wanted coz of the movie rights, but she would have had another origin, maybe similar to the show.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-15-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Or she gets depowered somehow which then activates her dormant X-Gene that gives her sparkly new purple crystal light powers.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Or she gets depowered somehow which then activates her dormant X-Gene that gives her sparkly new purple crystal light powers.
    They could discover that Cerebro and Sinister have her on file, much to everyone's shock.

They could discover that Cerebro and Sinister have her on file, much to everyone's shock.
    Ooh yes. I would love her to be pulled into Sinister and Destiny's delicate game of 4D chess that they've got going in Immortal X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The characters who debuted in the Inhumans team books such as Inferno, Flint, and Swain wouldn't exist, and neither would Mosaic. But Ms. Marvel and probably Moon Girl would, as those two have other reasons to exist. For Moon Girl, they just wanted a new kid hero for the kid market and conveniently used the terrigen mist thing for her origin. In Kamala's case, they wanted a new Muslim teen girl hero. They did actually already have one, Dust, but Kamala's storylines wouldn't have worked with the Afghan refugee New X-Man.
    You're making up excusing just for two characters because they were the stand outs from the inhumans character creation era. If they had failed, people would've just put them in the inhuman basket like Mosaic, mind you he was an interesting character. No new inhuman characters would exist, like Ms. Marvel, Mosaic, and Moon Girl. They have lots of kid heroes they could've pushed because they pushed Captain Marvel, the Defenders, and more established characters to fill many gaps. And that's a stretch your making for Kamala's case.

Umm, Ms. Marvel was a product of Sana Amanat wanting a Muslim superhero character for Marvel and realizing that the Ms. Marvel moniker was vacant after Carol was promoted. Kamala was Marvel testing waters with diverse characters by trying to replicate Miles's success. There was a barrage of diverse non-Inhuman characters like Silk, Riri Williams, Mighty Thor, Sam Wilson Captain America etc. so it wasn't like they only wanted Inhumans. Marvel would have greenlit Ms. Marvel even if they weren't trying to make Inhumans happen for a minute there. She probably wouldn't have been a mutant like Sana wanted coz of the movie rights, but she would have had another origin, maybe similar to the show.
    They were only allowing new solo book characters because of the inhumans because they were making more inhumans material. Also all of those characters you names are just copies/versions of characters that already exist. They weren't original like the new publications of inhumans.

They only exist because of the inhumans, not despite them though.

I think I'd hate it even more if they changed her powers. I never grew to like them in the show.

They were only allowing new solo book characters because of the inhumans because they were making more inhumans material. Also all of those characters you names are just copies/versions of characters that already exist. They weren't original like the new publications of inhumans.

They only exist because of the inhumans, not despite them though.
    You realise that Kamala is the fifth Ms. Marvel and Lunella replaced a Moon Boy as Devil Dinosaur's partner, right? Even those two aren't completely original. They were pushing diversity as well, not just specifically the Inhumans. They wanted more female and non-white heroes, and both Kamala and Lunella are both of those.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-15-2022 at 03:17 PM.