Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'd generally concur with most of your points, as someone who's been following and enjoying Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan since the beginning myself. However, I'd also note on the whole issue of policing vis-a-vis American Muslim communities that, while the institution as a whole is in need of serious reassessment and reform, it doesn't come off so farfetched for some local officers who know, respect, and even trust people in those communities to at least err on the side of giving those people the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the absolute worst and acting accordingly on account of religious and cultural differences.
    Agreed bro. Yes, I acknowledge the real life instances of surveillance, I still believe that the majority of the institution, the individuals who are familiar with the community, they'd stand by it. And in this case, stand by Kamala.

Beyond that, I did like Kamala's point to Kamran about there being "no normal" --- which, if I recall right, was addressed earlier in a Young Avengers comic during Allan Heinberg's initial 2000s run, though more about the subtle distinction between "average" and "normal," with the ultimate reasoning that "normal" was something of a mirage --- and how what mattered was "what you do with what you have." A (somewhat) subtler, but no less profound version of, "With great power, there must also come great responsibility," especially given that her Jersey City community standing up for her alter ego as their local hero despite Damage Control claiming her to be a threat and a menace was rather reminiscent of New Yorkers rallying behind Spider-Man in the first two Sam Raimi films in spite of the negative press from J. Jonah Jameson and The Daily Bugle.
    A fair point. Draws even more of a parallel between Spider-Man and Kamala.

All in all, even with many (if not most) of the changes to the nature and background of her powers, I thought the core of the character remained intact, speaking as someone who'd been following and reading her comics since the beginning, so that was a plus for me.
    Awesome. Yeah, I've a fair idea of Kamala but not as deep as others. Still, the core elements I saw, I liked.

Oh yeah, been meaning to ask, in the credits scene of the final episode, was that the real Captain Marvel? Kamala and her switched places? Or did Kamala activate her shape-shifting ability?
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

MCU Kamala can't shape shift (she's also lacking the healing factor and the ability to shrink like Ant-Man). That was the real Carol. Apparently they swapped like how Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell used to swap with Rick Jones. Which should be a major clue as to the true origins of Kamala's bangle...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. Yes, I acknowledge the real life instances of surveillance, I still believe that the majority of the institution, the individuals who are familiar with the community, they'd stand by it. And in this case, stand by Kamala.

A fair point. Draws even more of a parallel between Spider-Man and Kamala.

Awesome. Yeah, I've a fair idea of Kamala but not as deep as others. Still, the core elements I saw, I liked.

Oh yeah, been meaning to ask, in the credits scene of the final episode, was that the real Captain Marvel? Kamala and her switched places? Or did Kamala activate her shape-shifting ability?
    As Digifiend pointed out, yeah, it would appear more that they simultaneously teleported into each other's previous locations thanks to Kamala's bangle . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    MCU Kamala can't shape shift (she's also lacking the healing factor and the ability to shrink like Ant-Man). That was the real Carol. Apparently they swapped like how Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell used to swap with Rick Jones. Which should be a major clue as to the true origins of Kamala's bangle...
    Considering Kamala is going to have a substantial role in The Marvels next year, having her bangle be revealed as one-half of the Kree Nega-Bands that were used by Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell when they were Captain Marvel would make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

How has MCU Kamala's secret identity not already been outed?
    Ms. Marvel Gave Kamala Khan One of Superman's Biggest Problems
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-superm...k-disney-plus/

It won't surprise me if the events of the Marvels straight up lead to Kamala being outed anyway. All her family and friends already know, unlike in the comics, so I don't expect her to keep a tight leash on it like in the comics. Heck, even in the comics she's never done a good job of hiding her identity. Her mother and friends knew long before she admitted it. I was actually surprised that Outlawed didn't get her outed.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ha nice. Cool to read that the bangle could be half of the Negabands.

Would that translate over into the comics? Ms. Marvel holds the Negabands? An interesting possibility.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Apparently there's multiple sets of them, so it could be done. Wiccan and Hulkling have Mar-vell's, they were turned into their wedding rings. Khn'nr, a skrull who impersonated Mar-Vell, had a set which has been missing since his death. Genis and Phyla both had a set too - and bear in mind that the original Phyla is dead, the one who's around now is an AU version. And Nova's brother Talonar had a set.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Nega-Bands

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

How has MCU Kamala's secret identity not already been outed?
    Ms. Marvel Gave Kamala Khan One of Superman's Biggest Problems
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-superm...k-disney-plus/

It won't surprise me if the events of the Marvels straight up lead to Kamala being outed anyway. All her family and friends already know, unlike in the comics, so I don't expect her to keep a tight leash on it like in the comics. Heck, even in the comics she's never done a good job of hiding her identity. Her mother and friends knew long before she admitted it. I was actually surprised that Outlawed didn't get her outed.
    In the MCU a hat and glasses is a foolproof disguise. A mask might as well make her invisible. It's also, you know, a superhero show.

Huh? Who used a hat and glasses as a disguise? That's more Superman's thing isn't it?

Huh? Who used a hat and glasses as a disguise? That's more Superman's thing isn't it?
    The poster you're responding to was most likely referring to Steve Rogers back in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, where he went on the run thanks to HYDRA agents setting him up as a traitor in the midst of their attempted (and nearly successful) takeover of the world from within S.H.I.E.L.D.

Trailer for Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Ms. Marvel

Trailer for Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Ms. Marvel
    Looking cool .

X-Ladies looking hot and serious!

I guess neither Rogue nor Jean recognize Kamala out of costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

No, but Jean read her mind, so she should've realised Kamala was Ms. Marvel before Wolverine told them.

I wonder if they'll realise that even as a civilian Kamala is famous - as the face of that now-repealed anti-teen-vigilante law?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-05-2022 at 03:18 AM.