Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

It is weird that Kamala ended up in Spider-Man at all, as isn't she (and the Champions as a whole except Miles) controlled by the Avengers office?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It is weird that Kamala ended up in Spider-Man at all, as isn't she (and the Champions as a whole except Miles) controlled by the Avengers office?
    It's hard to gauge who falls under whose' purview sometimes.

Astonishing Member

If she had an ongoing, the mini(?) where she crosses over with other Marvel characters I'm not sure counts. Although this whole internship I feel will not be looked at in other comics they wanted a reason for her to be in Peter's book that being it. I am still believing she will aim to be a writer, as she already is with her fanfics.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

She doesn't have an ongoing right now, so I imagine they're probably letting anyone do a Kamala book so she won't just fade into limbo.

I don't think they will admit this publicly, but I think Ms. Marvel probably dipped in sales after GWW left, which is why she is currently in this awkward situation of being everywhere except in her own ongoing book. They wanna push the character, but they're not confident in how much she'd be selling in an ongoing book anymore.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    If she had an ongoing, the mini(?) where she crosses over with other Marvel characters I'm not sure counts. Although this whole internship I feel will not be looked at in other comics they wanted a reason for her to be in Peter's book that being it. I am still believing she will aim to be a writer, as she already is with her fanfics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    She doesn't have an ongoing right now, so I imagine they're probably letting anyone do a Kamala book so she won't just fade into limbo.

I don't think they will admit this publicly, but I think Ms. Marvel probably dipped in sales after GWW left, which is why she is currently in this awkward situation of being everywhere except in her own ongoing book. They wanna push the character, but they're not confident in how much she'd be selling in an ongoing book anymore.
    That would be a shame, if that's really where their heads are concerning her. Speaking of the last set of Ms. Marvel team-ups, I'll admit I kind of liked the interplay between Kamala and Venom (who, for those who haven't been following Venom, is now Eddie Brock's son Dylan hosting the Venom symbiote). Wouldn't mind another interaction between them in the future.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Doesn't help that Champions is on the scrapheap too. If they don't want to bring that team back, maybe put her back on the Avengers when Aaron's run ends early next year? She's often there in other media (Avengers Assemble cartoon, the Crystal Dynamics video game, and probably the MCU in Avengers 5 and 6) after all.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Doesn't help that Champions is on the scrapheap too. If they don't want to bring that team back, maybe put her back on the Avengers when Aaron's run ends early next year? She's often there in other media (Avengers Assemble cartoon, the Crystal Dynamics video game, and probably the MCU in Avengers 5 and 6) after all.
    Could work, maybe.

I don't know if she'll actually be in the issue (she's not in the preview), but Kamala is mentioned on the recap page of ASM #10, as is the fact she and Peter don't know each other's identities. Which kind of hints at that changing soon...

I don't know if she'll actually be in the issue (she's not in the preview), but Kamala is mentioned on the recap page of ASM #10, as is the fact she and Peter don't know each other's identities. Which kind of hints at that changing soon...
    It's a real shame their team-up in (Ms.) Marvel Team-Up #1-3 ended with them not remembering each other's real identities or the experiences they had while stuck in each other's bodies.

Incredible Member

Is it completely dead now at least with its present lineup.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they go with the MCU and retcon her into being a mutant I could easily see her on the X-Men after the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    If they go with the MCU and retcon her into being a mutant I could easily see her on the X-Men after the next election.
    More than likely since Namor got confirmed a mutant in the press of Black Panther Wakanda Forever.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

If they do retcon her in the comics it'll be interesting to see how they navigate around the Inhuman angle

Simplest thing is just to make her a hybrid. Both mutant and Inhuman. The current stretchy powers is her Inhuman gift. They could give her her Disney+ powers as the mutant powers. The Terrigen mist gave her the powers she's had up to now, but also suppressed the mutant ones which hadn't activated at the time. Does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Is it completely dead now at least with its present lineup.
    Probably, but so far only Power Man has joined another team (the Thunderbolts). There's currently no reason to think they've disbanded.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-27-2022 at 03:54 PM.

I don't think Kamala needs the X-Men or a Mutant identity, honestly.

Just seems like a "screw you" to the Inhumans franchise as payback or because we want a popular character to get subsumed into the X-Men collective. And I like the X-Men.