Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Watched the first episode last night. I liked it. It’s like watching a more tamed version of Never Have I Ever with super powers. Speaking of super powers. I guess embiggen is out of the picture.

Turns out even Nobel Peace Prize winners are fans of this show. Of course the one in question is Malala Yousafzai, the teenager who was shot by the Taliban for campaigning for women's education, and moved to the UK as a result (came for the medical treatment, stayed for the safety). She likes how the show shows East Asian food, music and people. And Kamala once mentioned Malala in issue 3 of Champions, so this means they're fans of each other!
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-malala...eace-laureate/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Is it mean of me when I saw this solicitation I smiled and thought how Slicknickshady would react?
    Honestly. Since it’s unlimited I’m not expecting anything status quo changing. Still curious about it but I can’t read it anyway.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Seems Comics by Perch's daughters are enjoying the show.
    Last edited by BBally; 06-14-2022 at 09:50 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Seems Comics by Perch's are enjoying the show.
    Wow, so if Ms. Marvel could win Perch over . . . will wonders never cease?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I just wish I could read the unlimited stuff.

This week's Line It Is Drawn is Ms. Marvel team-ups! In one of them, she meets Captain Marvel... of Fawcett City.
    https://www.cbr.com/line-it-is-drawn...rvel-team-ups/
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Iman's LCS owner talks about her.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...marvel-comics/

This is the shop.

The show is good, like really good. Blows pretty much every other MCU television pilot out of the water with how much style and care is put into the camera work, editing, and visual effects. Iman's performance comes across as very charming and genuine, and the parents are great too. I hope the show keeps up this energy for the following episodes, because its shaping up to be a new favorite.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The show is good, like really good. Blows pretty much every other MCU television pilot out of the water with how much style and care is put into the camera work, editing, and visual effects. Iman's performance comes across as very charming and genuine, and the parents are great too. I hope the show keeps up this energy for the following episodes, because its shaping up to be a new favorite.
    Cosigned. Very much cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Is it sacrilegious if I say I'm starting to like her MCU origin more than the comics in certain aspects? I like the comics powerset better, BUT I can't help but feel like there wasn't much thought put behind the origins of the powers, and they just made her Inhuman because that was the next big thing at the time. Meanwhile, the show actually seems to be going on a more unique direction by tying her powers to her heritage and family history, which I think it actually works? I would've still preferred if she had her comics powers, but I think the story behind, at least so far, is engaging enough that it's making up for it. To me, the show really just reiterates how not important the Inhuman mythology was to Kamala, because I'm not missing it at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Wow, so if Ms. Marvel could win Perch over . . . will wonders never cease?
    Isn't Perch part of the fans that complain about 'woke' culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is it sacrilegious if I say I'm starting to like her MCU origin more than the comics in certain aspects? I like the comics powerset better, BUT I can't help but feel like there wasn't much thought put behind the origins of the powers, and they just made her Inhuman because that was the next big thing at the time. Meanwhile, the show actually seems to be going on a more unique direction by tying her powers to her heritage and family history, which I think it actually works? I would've still preferred if she had her comics powers, but I think the story behind, at least so far, is engaging enough that it's making up for it. To me, the show really just reiterates how not important the Inhuman mythology was to Kamala, because I'm not missing it at all.
    We don't know what she is quite yet but it definitely helps to have had a family member in living memory that unlocked their powers. In the comics we got her mom/grand parents/speculating that there was something more to their family but not knowing what, as well as bit Kamala's ancient ancestor fighting a skrull. But these were all things only privy to the reader not Kamala.

I wonder if this family backstory will be backported to the comics? Easy to do, since if Kamala is an Inhuman, then so is one of her parents, and at least one of her grandparents, and so on - they just haven't unlocked their powers. Maybe the great-grandmother DID unlock her powers, and Kamala's mother is ashamed of her for some reason?