Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is it sacrilegious if I say I'm starting to like her MCU origin more than the comics in certain aspects? I like the comics powerset better, BUT I can't help but feel like there wasn't much thought put behind the origins of the powers, and they just made her Inhuman because that was the next big thing at the time. Meanwhile, the show actually seems to be going on a more unique direction by tying her powers to her heritage and family history, which I think it actually works? I would've still preferred if she had her comics powers, but I think the story behind, at least so far, is engaging enough that it's making up for it. To me, the show really just reiterates how not important the Inhuman mythology was to Kamala, because I'm not missing it at all.
    I get the feeling that Kamala's great grandmother might have been quasar. That's just me thinking that the bangle is a quantum band.

Night light is an awful superhero name.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I get the feeling that Kamala's great grandmother might have been quasar. That's just me thinking that the bangle is a quantum band.

Night Monkey was worse.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Isn't Perch part of the fans that complain about 'woke' culture?
    Yes, which is why his approval of the Ms. Marvel series thus far is rather notable, if surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fort Nerd View Post
    Night Monkey was worse.
    Ha, yes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Isn't Perch part of the fans that complain about 'woke' culture?
    Nah, Perch just complains about terrible comics.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Am I the only one thinking that Bruno needs to make his move and kiss Kamala?

All-New Member

What If ms marvel meets Captain Marvel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9KJSnXMvUE

Quote Originally Posted by batuhanuzer View Post
    What If ms marvel meets Captain Marvel? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9KJSnXMvUE
    You know you can embed videos, right?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that Bruno needs to make his move and kiss Kamala?
    Are we talking about comic or tv show?

If it is the show then kissing Kamala wouldn't be the smart move. It might change the whole dynamic of their friendship. Selfishly I want it to happen so he could be forced to go to Caltech.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I am trying to figure out her powers. Is she a Dazzler/Ice Man with a little bit of Jubilee amalgam? Is that energy or light she is constructing?

It's hard light. The closest thing in the Marvel Universe is either Songbird or Quasar. They may well have given her Quasar's powers here. Of course DC has a much more famous example. Green Lantern.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I am trying to figure out her powers. Is she a Dazzler/Ice Man with a little bit of Jubilee amalgam? Is that energy or light she is constructing?
    She is Frozone with light instead of ice
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is it sacrilegious if I say I'm starting to like her MCU origin more than the comics in certain aspects? I like the comics powerset better, BUT I can't help but feel like there wasn't much thought put behind the origins of the powers, and they just made her Inhuman because that was the next big thing at the time. Meanwhile, the show actually seems to be going on a more unique direction by tying her powers to her heritage and family history, which I think it actually works? I would've still preferred if she had her comics powers, but I think the story behind, at least so far, is engaging enough that it's making up for it. To me, the show really just reiterates how not important the Inhuman mythology was to Kamala, because I'm not missing it at all.
    I think the way they handled it made sense because the Nuhuman story was more connected to like immigrants or cultural identity at the time.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Bad news for Ms. Marvel

Despite all of the positive reactions to the new Disney+ series, and the limitless potential that her story has, the ratings for the project's viewership in its first five days are in and they don't quite reach the same heights as other series. In fact, they're one of the worst that Marvel Studios has ever seen.

Ms. Marvel Gets Lackluster Audience

Samba TV reported that Iman Vellani's Ms. Marvel did not perform well with regard to the number of viewers watching across the United States. In its report, the service revealed how only 775K US households watched the premiere episode within the first five days of it being on Disney+.

To date, that makes the new coming-of-age story one of the worst-performing MCU debuts on Disney+. The only series potentially behind it is What If...?, though that project only has premiere data for its first day.

For comparison, here's the five-day premiere viewership for Marvel Studios' other shows:

WandaVision: 1.6 Million

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: 1.8 Million

Loki: 2.5 Million

What If..?: 281k (first-day audiences)

Hawkeye: 1.5 Million

Moon Knight: 1.8 Million

Why Ms. Marvel's Viewership Is So Low

One of the biggest factors going against Ms. Marvel that none of Marvel's other outings had to deal with is competition. Currently, the Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi has its new installments premiering on the same day and time. So, not only does it have competition, but it's going against Ewan McGregor's fan-favorite character, whose show debuted with 2.14 million viewers during that same window of time. The game was rigged from the start.

Despite these numbers, it's important not to correlate the audience size and quality; they're not mutually exclusive. Many have declared Ms. Marvel to be one of their favorite MCU series to date, despite the immature review-bombing taking place and low-scoring performance.

Seeing that the upcoming Andor and She-Hulk will both overlap as well, these lower audience numbers could become the norm. Many feel Disney should consider releasing Marvel and Star Wars content on different days, which would help each project perform better and remain part of the internet conversation for longer.

Hopefully, they'll see sense in that strategy, or else it will only get worse when more projects are released down the line.
    https://thedirect.com/article/ms-mar...u-disney-shows

This is why it's not a good idea to have the show air around the same time as Obi-Won Kenobi.

However, it must be noted that these numbers come from Samba TV, who only measure selected opted-in Smart TVs, which means actual total households may be even higher.
    Last edited by BBally; 06-18-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Though the show seems to be performing well in Indonesia.
    Screenshot 2022-06-18 19.56.18.jpg
    Last edited by BBally; 06-18-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark