Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Isn't Perch part of the fans that complain about 'woke' culture?
    Generally that happens when those folks actually take time to WATCH or READ said content.

Same thing happened with Ironheart-gators actually read it and endorsed it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Generally that happens when those folks actually take time to WATCH or READ said content.

Same thing happened with Ironheart-gators actually read it and endorsed it.
    Actually a very good point there. A lot of hate and hostility really just comes from ignorance, willful or otherwise, and once that wall is penetrated, understanding --- if not also respect and even appreciation --- can take its place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I’ve seen people blame the low streaming numbers on it being too ‘youth’ focussed and putting off older viewers as a result. Didn’t put me off watching and I am long in the teeth now.

I do think the problem is probably "never heard of this character" or "only got time for one show so it loses out to Obi-Wan Kenobi". Look at the other shows so far. WandaVision and Falcon & the Winter Soldier both starred two Avengers. Loki starred the villain from the first Thor and Avengers films. Hawkeye also starred an Avenger, and while it did introduce two new heroes (Hawkeye II and Echo) it also used Yelena Belova from the Black Widow movie. Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel though, completely new IPs with no previous cast members in (so far anyway - you'd expect Carol to show up in Ms. Marvel's finale). If you don't read the comics or watch the cartoons, you don't know Kamala.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    I’ve seen people blame the low streaming numbers on it being too ‘youth’ focussed and putting off older viewers as a result. Didn’t put me off watching and I am long in the teeth now.
    I can see what they mean especially if they took the animation bits at face value. Though it really isn't much more teen oriented than the Spidey movies.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I do think the problem is probably "never heard of this character" or "only got time for one show so it loses out to Obi-Wan Kenobi". Look at the other shows so far. WandaVision and Falcon & the Winter Soldier both starred two Avengers. Loki starred the villain from the first Thor and Avengers films. Hawkeye also starred an Avenger, and while it did introduce two new heroes (Hawkeye II and Echo) it also used Yelena Belova from the Black Widow movie. Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel though, completely new IPs with no previous cast members in (so far anyway - you'd expect Carol to show up in Ms. Marvel's finale). If you don't read the comics or watch the cartoons, you don't know Kamala.
    They could have made Captain Marvel 2 set in Earth with Kamala in a supporting role like the kid in Ironman 3 and then made Ms Marvel. It would explain why Kamala like Carol properly

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

While Ms Marvel's US viewing figures for the premier don't sound too hot according to Samba TV, according to flixpatrol however, the show seems to be doing well in a lot of different markets.

https://flixpatrol.com/title/ms-marvel/
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    They could have made Captain Marvel 2 set in Earth with Kamala in a supporting role like the kid in Ironman 3 and then made Ms Marvel. It would explain why Kamala like Carol properly
    Had the first Captain Marvel been set in the present instead of the 90s, they could've have used her as the kid sidekick there - she DOES have one in that film. In the comics, in Kelly Sue DeConnick's run, Carol once had a fangirl called Lieutenant Trouble (who, honestly, could be a prototype for Kamala, since she also debuted in that same run). The movie adapted this by combining her with Monica Rambeau, who of course was another Captain Marvel in the comics, and will be the third of The Marvels alongside Carol and Kamala in the sequel film.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    While Ms Marvel's US viewing figures for the premier don't sound too hot according to Samba TV, according to flixpatrol however, the show seems to be doing well in a lot of different markets.

https://flixpatrol.com/title/ms-marvel/

According to the site, Ms Marvel is Disney plus's number 1 title in markets like South Korea, Brazil, Hong Kong and Indonesia. As well as being in Disney plus's top 5 in markets like the US, the UK, France, Japan, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Taiwan and Argentina.

As well being Disney+'s overall number 2 title according to flixpatrol, so maybe it's doing better than that Samba TV report made it out to be. Again, Samba only calculate numbers of households with Smart TV sets.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Overall number 2? I assume number 1 is Obi-Wan?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Overall number 2? I assume number 1 is Obi-Wan?
    Yep, that is correct.

I haven't watched the series yet. And I don't own that many of her comic books. However, as a teacher in Jersey City, this makes me proud:

https://abc7ny.com/ms-marvel-disney-...city/11935528/

Jersey City has a significant Muslim population. It also has a strong young population that love anime, manga, Marvel, and DC. As a teacher who has had former students go to McNair and who has had several Muslim students, reading that kids there are cosplaying Ms. Marvel and reading Ms. Marvel makes me very happy.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I haven't watched the series yet. And I don't own that many of her comic books. However, as a teacher in Jersey City, this makes me proud:

Jersey City has a significant Muslim population. It also has a strong young population that love anime, manga, Marvel, and DC. As a teacher who has had former students go to McNair and who has had several Muslim students, reading that kids there are cosplaying Ms. Marvel and reading Ms. Marvel makes me very happy.
    As a fellow resident of New Jersey who had a friend for years that lived in Jersey City, cosigned.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

McNair? That's the real life counterpart of Coles Academical, Kamala's school, right?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Another good episode. Nice to see that Kamran is not a villain on the show. All his villainous traits went to his mother.

The rumor of Kamala being clandestine in the MCU is true. That puts the death nail of Inhumans in the MCU. In the flashback the arm that has the bangle is blue. I'm willing to bet the owner was a kree. Kamala coming from a line of evil genies is amusing to think about.

I liked all the scenes of Kamala and her community being together. It's great to see how tightly knit they all are. I'm sure it will pay off big in the finale.

It's interesting that Kamala trip to Pakistan in the comic will involve her mother. Their relationship isn't that bad they'll need to go together. Unless this is how the show chooses to have her mother found out about her identity. It kinda sucks that Kamala's relationship with her dad is going underdeveloped. He was definitely the more supportive parent of the two.