Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Kree ancestor? lol, that means Kamala's been given Carol's comic book origin. MCU Carol isn't half-Kree like the comic version, the new origin was done while the film was already in production.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Another good episode. Nice to see that Kamran is not a villain on the show. All his villainous traits went to his mother.

The rumor of Kamala being clandestine in the MCU is true. That puts the death nail of Inhumans in the MCU. In the flashback the arm that has the bangle is blue. I'm willing to bet the owner was a kree. Kamala coming from a line of evil genies is amusing to think about.

I liked all the scenes of Kamala and her community being together. It's great to see how tightly knit they all are. I'm sure it will pay off big in the finale.

It's interesting that Kamala trip to Pakistan in the comic will involve her mother. Their relationship isn't that bad they'll need to go together. Unless this is how the show chooses to have her mother found out about her identity. It kinda sucks that Kamala's relationship with her dad is going underdeveloped. He was definitely the more supportive parent of the two.
    The Kree connection of how her grandmother found the bands kind of messes up with anybody's assumptions that her Inhuman origins is being entirely erased.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kree ancestor? lol, that means Kamala's been given Carol's comic book origin. MCU Carol isn't half-Kree like the comic version, the new origin was done while the film was already in production.
    Not an ancestor. Kamala great grandmother finds the bangle on the severed arm of a kree. There's two of them with the second presumably lost thanks to the British raiding the place twice over. Those things are definitely the quantum bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali
    The Kree connection of how her grandmother found the bands kind of messes up with anybody's assumptions that her Inhuman origins is being entirely erased
    Kamala is descended from Djinn so she herself being an Inhuman is out the window.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    The Kree connection of how her grandmother found the bands kind of messes up with anybody's assumptions that her Inhuman origins is being entirely erased.
    There are Djinns in Marvel lore that are blue, so we don't really know what that arm is supposed to be. It's possible there is a Kree connection to the bangle so they can justify Kamala appearing in The Marvels, but I think there is a difference between saying the bangle is Kree and Kamala's powers are Kree-related, because, as the show already established, her powers do not come from the bangle.

I think the show laid out what she is pretty clearly. spoilers:
    She is a descendant of beings from the Noor Dimension who've come to be known by many names among humans, including ''djinn'' in islamic culture. They are basically the muslim version of the MCU asgardians.
    end of spoilers I know people want her to be inhuman, but at this point, would it really make any difference? Because what Najma described of her people sounds nothing like Inhumans. spoilers:
    They don't come from another dimension called Noor and they don't mingle with human society to the point that they would become a part of an entire religion's folklore.
    end of spoilers At this point, calling her inhuman would just be another label for what is essentially a brand new origin story.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-22-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Read the trade or two, and realized it wasn't for me. Didn't have any plans to watch the series, until I saw the trailer, and thought it fun and great, so I've been watching and enjoying the series. LOVED the wedding dancing.

As for the original bearer of the bangle ...

spoilers:
    It probably is Kree, but aren't Hindu gods, like Krishna, also blue?

Also, did anyone else think the ruined temple had the Ten Rings symbol on the floor?
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh, and I don't buy that alleged leak saying she would get her comic book powers at the end of the show after this episode. They actually made a pretty solid case as to why her powers had to be hard light.

spoilers:
    Najma tells Kamala about the Noor Dimension, and Kamala points out how ''noor'' means light. Najma explains how all of the djinns have that ''noor'' inside of them, which is evidenced by the scene in which she grabs Kamala's bangle and both of them have that vision of the train, with their eyes glowing in the same shade of purple as Kamala's powers. Even Kamala's aunt had the same vision, so, apparently, it's a thing that runs in her whole family. Basically, the light is an inherent part of her and her family history.
    end of spoilers

Her suddenly getting another unrelated powerset at the end of the show would feel very weird after this, 'cause if you're tying so hard her new powers to what makes her who she is, then why throw it away at the last second like it was nothing? I also feel like it's just another evidence against her being Inhuman, because the whole concept is so different from the Inhumans lore and the variety of powers that they can manifest, even within the same family.

Niffleheim

If her powers don't come from the bands then he Djinn Clandestine story could just be a red herring to tell another story unrelated to he Inhuman origins. I guess we will find out when the show concludes. The writers tried to confuse me by dropping hints that Kamran/Kamala were related through Najma/Aisha but nothing came of that so I'll wait
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Muslim Ms. Marvel Fans Express Serious Concerns About Kamala's Power Source
    https://www.cbr.com/ms-marvel-muslim...-power-source/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I read something about that myself, given not only the djinn, but tying them in MCU continuity to the ClanDestine, which in the original comic version apparently had some issues with stereotyping from my recollection of one of the critiques of last night's episode out there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

spoilers:
    I'm just speculating that the bangles are some variant of the Quantum Bands because they involve teleporting and they come in a set of two.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, and I don't buy that alleged leak saying she would get her comic book powers at the end of the show after this episode. They actually made a pretty solid case as to why her powers had to be hard light.

spoilers:
    Najma tells Kamala about the Noor Dimension, and Kamala points out how ''noor'' means light. Najma explains how all of the djinns have that ''noor'' inside of them, which is evidenced by the scene in which she grabs Kamala's bangle and both of them have that vision of the train, with their eyes glowing in the same shade of purple as Kamala's powers. Even Kamala's aunt had the same vision, so, apparently, it's a thing that runs in her whole family. Basically, the light is an inherent part of her and her family history.
    end of spoilers

Her suddenly getting another unrelated powerset at the end of the show would feel very weird after this, 'cause if you're tying so hard her new powers to what makes her who she is, then why throw it away at the last second like it was nothing? I also feel like it's just another evidence against her being Inhuman, because the whole concept is so different from the Inhumans lore and the variety of powers that they can manifest, even within the same family.
    I dunno, Kamala making forcefields and steps to avoid people felt so...not Kamala. It only really felt right when she hit someone with a giant hand, and she hasn't even said "Embiggen" yet.

Also Kamran not being a total a-hole is kind of weird.

Inserting real life orthodox religious mythology into your superhero story is always going to be controversial, but I think the point people are missing is that spoilers:
    Najma said her people call themselves Clandestines. That was the main term they used. She then explains that people have called them many names over the years, including djinn. So it's not necessarily a case of them being ACTUAL djinns, but more like muslim people understanding them as such because they couldn't explain what they were. It's very similar to how the asgardians were portrayed early on in the MCU, with the idea that they were this advanced alien society that were seen as norse gods by humans. The classic ''magic is just science you can't understand''.
    end of spoilers

I think if they keep with this sort of ambiguous origin, it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm just speculating that the bangles are some variant of the Quantum Bands because they involve teleporting and they come in a set of two.
    end of spoilers

I dunno, Kamala making forcefields and steps to avoid people felt so...not Kamala. It only really felt right when she hit someone with a giant hand, and she hasn't even said "Embiggen" yet.

Also Kamran not being a total a-hole is kind of weird.
    I'm not saying the changes to the powers itself don't feel weird. I agree, actually. I'm just saying that, within the story of the show, they actually gave a proper explanation to the power change, which is why I find it hard to believe they can just easily reverse it now.

Extraordinary Member

Bruno should have started calling Kamran Cameron or Carmine

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Bruno should have started calling Kamran Cameron or Carmine
    At least Kamran's still a bit of a tool towards Bruno .

Astonishing Member

Got a crazy theory on what Najma said spoilers:
    She's lying. "What!?" you might think but hear me out, in this same episode she told Kamala this information we discoverd that she knew there was a risk in using the bands, and is willing to hurt innocent people. Now that doesn't sound like a good person to me.
    end of spoilers Also people bring up a lot on how Inhumans didn't do good, and you know who also didn't do good, Mandarin. Not comicbook accurate but retcon(kind of) and got him better later.