Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So why have Wells on the run then if he was gonna bounce so soon? Is it to just mess with the cast or they thought the run could last?
    Also why Gleason and not Zeb as Maddie would kind of tie into his Hellions stuff and does this mean in a way the Peter MJ Paul stuff will be retconned soon?
    I always kind of wondered if Wells wasn't just a placeholder writer.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i know marvel would love to have jed take over but moon knight is doing great sales wise as well as his s trange book with both getting great reviews inside marvel and hearing he may have some sort of mini event cooking for 2023. Gleason might work but he is headlining the big dark web evernt for winter and with him still doing art it might be hard to write asm 2xmonthly
    This is getting really off topic for this thread but that event wouldn't have anything to do with Miracleman, would it? Have you heard anything at all about future plans for the character?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Who's being toxic? I harbour no ill will towards Wells, all I've said is I know what kind of writer he is and applied previous history to a potential scenario that can be taken that way with the right amount of imagination. That's it.

Sounds like you want to think of me in an unflattering light, all because I'm taking things from a different angle from an otherwise unpopular comic that you're overly defensive of/apologetic over.
    If it helps, I'm thinking you in an unflattering light because you jumping to this conclusion simply indicates you either don't have very much life experience or are being willfully obtuse and combative with the other members in this forum. There's also a different angle I could take based on your postings and say your actions are willfully trivializing and making light of child abuse (which is disgusting), but that conclusion would debatably be as vast a leap in the logic as the one you made, so I'll stick with the first sentence only.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Spectacular Member

We need to leave each other and our personal lives out of the hypothesizing. It wasn't nice when people were mean to Lee. As with Lee, Matt Ratt doesn't need to have his opinions brought down like that over a comic. We're all just people who love these comics and dropping theories. Even if fans disagree, we can still be amicable.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    course!
    Question… if this answer results in a future conversation, should we move it to the new preview thread or keep it here?

Amazon doesn't police the grading system unless someone makes it an issue. Star Wars, another Marvel/Disney product, produced a Darth Vader comic that was rated 9+, which had death and torture in spades owing to the nature of the villain protagonist. Disney likes to say they don't interfere at the Marvel office, but I believe the claim is a lie. Artificially lowering the age means a broader audience because parents who don't read comics will purchase them for their children. Enforcing age-appropriate violence levels to sell on Amazon isn't even required because they don't care. I also think we've witnessed so many marketable wardrobe changes. Disney has been exploiting Marvel to increase their toy sales, and Spider-Man has been hit hardest because it's one of their top sellers. The editorial is a nuisance, but Lowe at least understands teens and above are the target audience. The more significant problem is Disney posing in the backdrop like Palpatine on his throne.

Readers ask questions expecting Peter to answer some. We know Spider-Man is riled. We don't know why he's so furious, but his whole conduct changed in that scene with the bodies, and it would be an understandable reaction from him, so it's discomfiting that the page not even that difficult to improve. Introspective thoughts like… "The sight of those dead bodies, the smell of their blood, the taste of death so strong in the air, palpable to me through my heightened senses. I almost stepped on an open wallet on my way in, and caught a bloodied family photo, two little boys and a girl beaming up at me with a woman who could've only been their mom. For a moment, I was reminded of the kids I had left behind... of Mayd--. These men were criminals, but some of them had families. People who loved them, and there was Tombstone, sitting smug, grinning at the lives he'd just casually ended. It was a slap to the face of basically everything I stand for, and... my body just reacted." might have sold it. Except with better writing because I can't write. I'm still alright with Peter making mistakes in a fight with Tombstone, but I respect your views.

We'll see! *Stares at preview* The link cuffs aren't even Adamantium. *sighs* I've got a bad feeling about this.

The white writer intended to compare Spider-Man with spiders and Tombstone with lions. The newest Batman movie did the same when it likened the Riddler to a rat. It was cringe, but I didn't see it excuse him? The writing compares a black man to a wild animal that can be found in Africa. After "ferally" mauling a white boy, a tormented black child has another child's blood trickling down his face in a way that overemphasizes his lips. The intent was to set up Peter and Tombstone as foils and humanizing without excusing Tombstone. Peter was bullied, but he never went as far as Tombstone. On top of whitewashing Stanley Osborn, changing a black man's story to align with a white man unfavorably wasn't the best decision. I'd have found that offensive in any other medium/franchise that didn't have a bunch of white people with associations to animals and/or have been known to bite and, in some cases, consume people.

I guess we might? I mean low intelligence, as in "someone who would score low on an Intelligence Quotient test" instead of whatever interchangeable term someone might use for smartness. The Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale, the most common IQ test, measures various things. For instance: perceptual processing, verbal/reading comprehension, and working memory. It measures reasoning skills and the ability to learn rather than what you concretely know. So a person can have a lot of knowledge of various subjects but score low on IQ because you aren't that great at things like story problems, visual puzzles, and memorizing lists of words. The opposite can also be true. You can be qualified as a genius on the IQ because you're great at these tasks but know next to no factual information. Someone who can solve a Rubix Cube in 30 seconds but can't point to England on a map. I like Tombstone as a guy with a low intelligence quotient who has made clever moves so far because IRL people who have an IQ of 50 have become their class Valedictorian. There is a lot of criticism of using the IQ test as a full measure of intellect. Sure, if you're hiring an astronaut, it's helpful to know they have the quick-thinking skills it measures. Unfortunately, countless people, particularly children (often neurodivergent), get stamped with 'dumb' at a young age because they do poorly on the IQ test even though they're churning through the whole school library and know every detail, like Lions, for example.

Excuse me, but I said no maybes, and I believe Time management and pointing at Peter's overarching guilt is a maybe./j

Real answer: Say we have a family. They live in the 70s, so there are no cellphones. Dad lives roughly 200 miles away and travels by car. Dad says he'll visit in the next three days, and the protagonist is eager to have him. The next day, the protagonist has a… Okay, for this example, we'll call Norman a "friend" who has to report to a job interview on short notice and needs the protagonist to watch his kids. The protagonist figures that he can do both and leaves to pick up the kids. Three minutes later, the dad shows up early because he drove like the devil and decided to cut costs by not checking into a hotel. Not seeing the protagonist, he waits for him. The protagonist arrives 20 minutes later to see his exhausted dad catnapping in his driveway and feels remorseful. It's not his responsibility because he thought he had more time, but it will still cause him guilt because his dad traveled all that way for him, and now he's resting in his car instead of a welcoming bed.

The same problem gets fixed now because we have cellphones. On the way to pick up the kids, he gets called by his dad, saying he's arrived. The protagonist can now either quickly rush back to the house to open up the door for his dad or message the friend to bring them in.

I didn't recommend not kid minding in either of those situations because he made a vow.

Tombstone is one of few reasons I believe he'd give the kids back. The writing is wrong for him but the action isn't.

Might be! Your theory that he either found the tracer or works with someone who has (please, please don't be Ben) makes sense with what he told Crime Master. Initially, I'd read your statement as "He somehow knew Spider-Man would find White Rabbit and prepared for that" instead of "He told White Rabbit to dispatch Spidey over if she saw him". One is plausible imo, the other… I am not a fan of it.

<3
    Last edited by Lunala; 06-21-2022 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

This one's getting a second printing

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/prin...m-moon-knight/