Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Then you run into the problem that Peter is obviously not going to do something truly terrible.
    Good. Nobody wants that for him at this stage.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yeah it wouldn’t be the first time that Marvel has employed the tactic of:
    A) sudden change
    B) story that will tell why
    C) draw it out
    D) hope that the ambiguity and time passed will mean that when the answer rolls around people just don’t care as much anymore.
    Yeah, it's basically OMD/OMIT 2.0. And MJ was more of an offpanel presence at the beginning of BND just like she has been so far here.

I'm hopeful that Peter and MJ will get back together in the near future--and I think Wells' dialogue is great and if he was interested in writing them as a couple it could be really fun.

Going by some of the comments here, jumping off was a good call. Still 50/50 on checking out #900 or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'm not sure about the chains, but Spider-Man getting beaten in close quarters made sense.

I don't see the problem with Peter begging for civilians' lives even if he knows it's a long shot. I mean, John McClane begs Hans Grueber not to kill people too.
    Peter doesn't beg for civilian's lives. He begs for his.

John McClane did not say, "Hans! I've learned my lesson! Come back, Hans!"

John McClane tried to appeal to Hans's better nature, except Hans didn't have one. John McClane also met Gruber for the first time that night. He did not have years of interaction by which to judge what Hans would do.

Incredible Member

Did I miss something in regards to Paul being "violent"? Over in the previews thread, a few users stated that he was abusive. Did they seriously gather this from just one dialogue bubble "he deserved that"? MJ leaving her family because of an abusive dad does not equate to whatever that convo was. Plus, if we are going to take things out of context, then MJ's entire relationship with Peter should be in question because a)he fights crime by punching and kicking bad guys and B) he hit MJ once which was completely by accident but a lot of you want to send Peter to the chopping block for that as well.

Overall this volume sucks tremendously. I am so bored by whatever it is I am reading.

God I hope this Paul guy turns out to be a massive douche or a criminal that works for Tombstone or something. I was thinking of buying the trade when it releases but as of right now I think I'm gonna skip it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Might be an excuse to make Janice go full villain again.
    And it will be all Peter's fault

Astonishing Member

They need to bring Abe Jenkins back ASAP

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    And it will be all Peter's fault

How? From the looks of it. Robbie will be dragged into the fight now so Randy could blame Tombstone if anything happens and if anything Janice would blame her dad. Who know the love birds will elope and move away from NY

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    How? From the looks of it. Robbie will be dragged into the fight now so Randy could blame Tombstone if anything happens and if anything Janice would blame her dad. Who know the love birds will elope and move away from NY
    Just joshing

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Just joshing
    I figured, but back to a serious point. After the gang war which feels like it's just trying to get to 900 nothing after that looks promising

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    One problem is that it’s very hard for readers who have read Spider-man for years to imagine what this horrible thing Peter has done is. Not that there doesn’t exist horrible things one can do. No the problem is what can Peter do that betrays MJ, the heroes, May and not completely break him. MJ has been with him through some bad stuff. So for Wells to build it up like this and stick the landing, well that will be close to impossible. No barring on his talent but just the nigh impossible task he has set himself up for.
    Million dollar question: has Zeb Wells actually written the complete story or is he making things up on the go? After the Kindred saga I wouldn't be surprised to hear rumours of "Marvel changing plans and Zeb Wells writing the revelation a week before launch"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Peter doesn't beg for civilian's lives. He begs for his.
    He's begging for Tombstone to not go ahead with his plan of massacring civilians and killing/harming Robbie Robertson.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    He's begging for Tombstone to not go ahead with his plan of massacring civilians and killing/harming Robbie Robertson.

Tombstone says, "Kill him."

Peter yells, "Don't do this! Lonnie, stop! I've learned my lesson!" (not about the civilians or Robbie, Peter makes it about himself)

To which Tombstone says, "Bet you have, champ. But it's too late to save the day."

And Peter replies, "Come back! Do you hear me? Stop!" but there's a gun in his face and the last could be directed to whoever is holding the weapon.

Which leads to the question: why didn't Tombstone just kill him in the first place?! Why is he wasting time teaching a Spider-man a lesson if he was planning on killing him all the while?! The only real answer is meta: it's so Wells can squeeze out his Tombstone backstory. But as a story on its own, this whole issue is pretty much just a villian monologuing. Do they not have Pixar in the Marvel U (you would think so, considering they share the same parent company)? Have these characters - or Zeb Wells - never seen The Incredibles?!

But then Tombstone is irrational in the first place: he's going to teach a do-gooder a lesson about interference, only for his big plan to hinge on do-gooder interference. Like, whatevs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Tombstone says, "Kill him."

Peter yells, "Don't do this! Lonnie, stop! I've learned my lesson!" (not about the civilians or Robbie, Peter makes it about himself)

To which Tombstone says, "Bet you have, champ. But it's too late to save the day."

And Peter replies, "Come back! Do you hear me? Stop!" but there's a gun in his face and the last could be directed to whoever is holding the weapon.
    Context. Earlier, in the same page, Peter is begging Tombstone not to kill civilians. That's what Peter's "Don't do this!" is about.