Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Aipt review sums it up much better
    I don't really read reviews to be honest. Well i do but usually on like products like leaf blowers and stuff to get an overall "survey" of satisfaction or quality but when it comes to creative stuff almost never.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So when are we going to get some actually good Spider-Man content in a Spider-Man comic?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't really read reviews to be honest. Well i do but usually on like products like leaf blowers and stuff to get an overall "survey" of satisfaction or quality but when it comes to creative stuff almost never.
    It was scathing and basically said besides giving tombstone a nice issue this book isn't interesting and readers will lose patients and move on basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So when are we going to get some actually good Spider-Man content in a Spider-Man comic?
    When Jed takes over lol

Depends on what people want.

From what i'm seeing on the boards most seem to be blaming this run for other runs rather than taking this run for what it is and trying to read the story presented. I don't really see people saying the story itself is bad but more "this is what i want to see of peter and this is what i expect." (going by posts on the story at least.) Which is usually when i cut out if we are talking about this story cool, but i haven't read spiderman consistently in over a decade or more so i can't really get into what spencer did or where his run was or what this and that. All i know is it seems to have been some sort of time jump and spiderman and the blanks are now being filled in.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-08-2022 at 06:43 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Depends on what people want.

From what i'm seeing on the boards most seem to be blaming this run for other runs rather than taking this run for what it is and trying to read the story presented. I don't really see people saying the story itself is bad but more "this is what i want to see of peter and this is what i expect."
    Besides the gang war arc and just trying to get to 900 there's not much else going for it. You have a bad plot with Norman then 2 tie ins back to back

Besides the gang war arc and just trying to get to 900 there's not much else going for it. You have a bad plot with Norman then 2 tie ins back to back
    There's robbie, potentially marrying into a crime family if he isn't attacked.
    There is the norman plot dangling.
    There is tombstone and the gang war.
    Whatever is happening with MJ.
    Whoever the dude MJ is with.
    Who those two kids are.
    How will this experience effect peter.
    Peter still clearly isn't over MJ and she doesn't seem over him.
    The explosion he is responsible for and how that impacts his day to day life.

All that and we only three issues in.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Who those two kids are.

Gang war will be over in 2 issues.
    Randy and Janice plot most likely be moved off the board by end of gang war or resolved in 900
    Robbie role in plot end of gang war
    What Peter did revealed or eluded to in 900
    If it is MJ or Moria instead
    The kids and Paul angle can be easily resolved in s single issue
    We all know Peter and MJ get back together

Astonishing Member

I think is more a change in editorial what we need at this point.

Gang war will be over in 2 issues.
    Randy and Janice plot most likely be moved off the board by end of gang war or resolved in 900
    Robbie role in plot end of gang war
    What Peter did revealed or eluded to in 900
    If it is MJ or Moria instead
    The kids and Paul angle can be easily resolved in s single issue
    We all know Peter and MJ get back together
    So again your anticipating the story and dictating how long it should take for things to happen where as i'm enjoying a story and when i'm not i'll jump off but so far so good. But to say nothing is going on isn't exactly what is happening.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So again your anticipating the story and dictating how long it should take for things to happen where as i'm enjoying a story and when i'm not i'll jump off but so far so good. But to say nothing is going on isn't exactly what is happening.
    I'm just giving observations from reading comics and basic patterns. You can only repeat the same story with different styles of paint before it gets old and stale

I'm just giving observations from reading comics and basic patterns. You can only repeat the same story with different styles of paint before it gets old and stale
    Spiderman, Xmen, Avengers, i have to say on every board this sentiment seems to be prelevant. I'm not sure how comics are really suppose to survive when there is this basic underlying notion of things will always return to this "publication" reset or status quo. It's really fascinating. Like if videogames were like we are only going to stay in 8 bit because people love 8 bit and 8 bit sells we wouldn't have the systems we have today. Or animation, or new cgi systems, but somehow comics defy all this and is the only medium i can think of chained by this deep idea of status quo. It can't be an individual fan related thing, it's just too specific. The big two are definitely not the future of longevity for comics at this point, i'm starting to see, well unless they push beyond that. They have horrible business models from a growth standpoint.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

When Jed takes over lol
    I doubt Jed Mackay would be much different. Someone would be hurting Spidey as bad or worse but the motivation would be because "Spider-man isn't Spider-Man" anymore and older fans would enjoy it because they hate BND Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member

Who those two kids are.
    The explosion he is responsible for and how that impacts his day to day life.

I’ll give you the Robbie and gang war stuff

But the rest is the stupid version of mystery box. The characters fully know well what happened and why they are in the situations they are in. It’s not suspenseful to them. The only ones in the dark are the readers.

It’s dishonest storytelling, IMO. It’s wholly manufactured artificial tension because the actual story doesn’t have much. It’s the sign of a creative team who aren’t confident that the story they want to tell is strong enough to stand on its own without dangling “oh noes what happened?!??!” in front of the reader to get them to buy the next issue.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-08-2022 at 07:46 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    I doubt Jed Mackay would be much different. Someone would be hurting Spidey as bad or worse but the motivation would be because "Spider-man isn't Spider-Man" anymore and older fans would enjoy it because they hate BND Peter Parker.
    Oh, I disagree. Jed’s writing never feel forced like Wells’s does. His characterization is spot on. He wrote the most enjoyable issues of Beyond and his Black Cat series truly was fun. I haven’t picked up his Moon Knight but it’s on my to be read list.