Mighty Member

Post Why I probably love DC event.

For people who are bashing DC launching some events including the latest "Dark Crisis". I may have an unpopular opinion but I think I like DC event crossover and here are various why I do so:

1) It's the only chance we get to see C-Listed Superheroes taking some actions and involve in the event.

2) Almost everyone in the DCU involves since it's a crossover event. The more the merrier.

3) The crossover event is tied to one big story along with its tie-in that tells the whole story. (Depends on which ties-in is required or options to read)

4) Without event and only go back to the basic DCU. You may only get to buy mostly A-listed superheroes book run. There is a low chance we get to see C-listed superheroes much often in a normal issue.

I think people are bashing 5G because they are unhappy with the 5G initiative being put into publication in any format. That and big events often have a junky blockbuster feel to them in the the writing.

I do agree with you however, it allows fans to see their favourite obscure heroes in a few panels of action. I'm not fond of big events crossing over into regular titles though.

First time I see LAWtoyoto 432 liking something from DC.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    First time I see LAWtoyoto 432 liking something from DC.
    Maybe because so many DC readers don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    1) It's the only chance we get to see C-Listed Superheroes taking some actions and involve in the event
    As uninterested i tend to be by events, that's a very good point.